Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Problem Are You Currently Facing In Your Rented Apartment? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Problem Are You Currently Facing In Your Rented Apartment? (206 Views)

Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? / 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Problem Are You Currently Facing In Your Rented Apartment? by CertifiedAgent: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2020
On Thursday 18th of June 2020, there was a pandemonium in a neighborhood somewhere in Amukoko, Ifelodun local council development area of Lagos. The uproar was between a landlord's brother that served as the caretaker and a young couple that had just moved into a new rented apartment about four days before the flooding incident that caused the mayhem.

The house is a storey tenement building (Face me, I fire you) where the new tenant rented a room at the ground floor. They complained bitterly that the flood virtually soaked everything in their room and had spoilt most of their property hereby putting them at severe loss, they insisted on having their rent refunded because they confided on the caretaker and landlord's disclosure and assurance that there was never an issue of flooding in the premises. Of course, this was a false claim that was fraudulently stated to receive rent because the building in question is way below ground and drainage level which makes rain water flow into the building premises from an adjacent canal. In fact water later overflows and spills through the window.

However, my findings revealed that the previous tenants suffered same fate and all present occupants' haven't spent up to a year, but the last tenant (the young couple) refused to accept it because they moved in just few days before the incident. To be brief, the couple have temporarily moved to the landlord's apartment upstairs and boldly stated that they won't leave until they have their money refunded. While they stayed with the landlord, several flooding has occurred and the landlord and his caretaker are hesitant to refund the money by claiming it is an "Act Of God".

So, this brings us to the question 'what problem are you currently facing in your rented apartment and what step have you taken to correct it'?

Re: What Problem Are You Currently Facing In Your Rented Apartment? by FreshBoss007: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2020
Amphibious housing estate
Re: What Problem Are You Currently Facing In Your Rented Apartment? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2020
Seems like someone narrated my current problem to you, the difference is that am single. Well am going back to that damn house to collect my rent in full today and move out this weekend, meenh never rent apartment at Ikate Surulere expecially Oduduwa street axis, those properties there are sinking and soaked and when its rains, water from ground pass through tiles and your funitures gone, just 1week of moving in my property now am moving out just 1 week..... I never sleep for the apartment for once, every damn things got soaks both my 55inch smart tv, center rugs, tv stands chairs,,,, please please...… I may likely break the lawyer head today if my money aint given to me today, 890k just like that
Re: What Problem Are You Currently Facing In Your Rented Apartment? by CertifiedAgent: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Seems like someone narrated my current problem to you, the difference is that am single. Well am going back to that damn house to collect my rent in full today and move out this weekend, meenh never rent apartment at Ikate Surulere expecially Oduduwa street axis, those properties there are sinking and soaked and when its rains, water from ground pass through tiles and your funitures gone, just 1week of moving in my property now am moving out just 1 week..... I never sleep for the apartment for once, every damn things got soaks both my 55inch smart tv, center rugs, tv stands chairs,,,, please please...… I may likely break the lawyer head today if my money aint given to me today, 890k just like that

Although your landlord and his lawyer will likely become defensive and less willing to be responsible for your plight by hiding under guise of 'Act of God' or 'natural occurrence', but the truth is that they know that their property suffers such dilemma which makes them hold you a duty of disclosure of information about their property condition which might have encourage a negotiation in the reduction of its rental value.

However, such behavior should not be welcome in the society. On a normal circumstance, property owners are required by law to disclose certain types of defects before sealing transaction. unless the property is sold or rented out "As Is", not taking action against them would be worse
Re: What Problem Are You Currently Facing In Your Rented Apartment? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ive collected my monney thou, except agency and agrrement which is 120k.
CertifiedAgent:

Although your landlord and his lawyer will likely become defensive and less willing to be responsible for your plight by hiding under guise of 'Act of God' or 'natural occurrence', but the truth is that they know that their property suffers such dilemma which makes them hold you a duty of disclosure of information about their property condition which might have encourage a negotiation in the reduction of its rental value.

However, such behavior should not be welcome in the society. On a normal circumstance, property owners are required by law to disclose certain types of defects before sealing transaction. unless the property is sold or rented out "As Is", not taking action against them would be worse

(1) (Reply)

Uncompleted Building For Sale Along Sagamu/abeokuta Rd / Are You Looking For A Good Real Estate Agent In Ibadan? / Duplex For Rent At Awka Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.