Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa (355 Views)

Charles Idahosa Dumps APC, Says PDP A More Organised Party / Charles Idahosa: APC Lost Bayelsa Due To Oshiomhole’s Recklessness / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by nairavsdollars(f): 9:23am On Jul 10, 2020
Chief Charles Idahosa, a former Commissioner for Information in Edo state is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on latest developments in the state ahead of the September 19 governorship election and other sundry issues. Excerpts:

Ahead of the September 19 governorship election, what are the chances of your candidate, Governor Godwin Obaseki ? Do you think he has what it takes to win?

The governor has performed excellently well and I believe that his performance will give him an edge over his opponents. Also, he has defeated his major opponent before and he is poised to do so again. Then Obaseki won the 2016 election with 319,483 votes while Ize-Iyamu had 253,173 votes. That is a difference of over 66,000 votes. In terms of percentage, Obaseki scored 52 percent of the vote to Ize-Iyamu’s 41 percent. So, if he can do that in 2016 when he was just coming onboard, what do you think will happen four years after when he has been tested and the people of the state are clamouring for him to return for another term?

What do you think will be the major campaign points for the governor?

I believe Obaseki doesn’t need to campaign much. The job has been done for him four years ago by Adams Oshiomhole, a man who engages his mouth more than his brain has done the campaign for Obaseki and PDP. We are already putting together all that he said about Ize-Iyamu and Obaseki four years ago. We are going to put it on billboards and other places for people to listen to what he said about the two candidates four years ago and then leave the good people of Edo to make up their minds. Most of the things Oshiomhole said then are in public domain and they came from his heart. Ize-Iyamu has not come out to say Oshiomhole was telling lies about him or sue him in court.

But he said most of the things Oshiomhole said about him didn’t come from his heart. What is your take on that?

Why didn’t he say that before now? Most of these allegations were leveled against him four years ago. Why did he keep quiet since then? The people of Edo are very enlightened people and they will decide whether what Oshiomhole said about these two candidates are from his heart or not.

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano said the people of Edo State on the 19th September will come out en masse and vote APC and that Obaseki will lose. What is your response to that?

That is a huge joke. The truth of the matter is that Obaseki has won the election already and there is nothing anybody can do about it. I know they won’t dare rig the election. The President Buhari I know will not rig election for anybody. He has never believed in that because he is a man of integrity. I remembered when Oshiomhole went to see President Buhari after the resignation of Governor Obaseki from APC and he said, I heard that this man is very popular. Oshiomhole said popularity or incumbency doesn’t help. He said what matters is the sentiments. I am just appealing to them not to try anything to subvert the will of the people. Ganduje can sit down in Kano and be talking trash. It is the system that tolerated him. A man that was seen on video stuffing dollars in his babanriga and is also having problems with traditional rulers in his state is now talking about elections in Edo. How much margin did Ganduje use in winning Kano governorship election? And that is the man saying he will win Edo for APC.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-2020-oshiomhole-already-campaigned-for-obaseki-ize-iyamu-idahosa/

Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by ThatFairGuy1: 9:24am On Jul 10, 2020
A nobody opinion about the Distinguished Comrade Addams Aliyu Oshiomhole is not needed
Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by pyyxxaro: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2020
This man passport go fine oh lipsrsealed
Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by Joshmodest(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2020
That is no news to anyone with an iota of reasoning ...
What Charles idahosa doesn't know , is that he doesn't have brain to use....
Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Hehehe, gbas gbos this early morning.

People just dey give Oshiomhole killer punch

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by Joshmodest(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
A nobody opinion about the Distinguished Comrade Addams Aliyu Oshiomhole is not needed
imagine having to think Charles idahosa is a nobody , cos ThatFairguy on nairaland said so
Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by ThatFairGuy1: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2020
Joshmodest:

imagine having to think Charles idahosa is a nobody , cos ThatFairguy on nairaland said so
He is a Nobody. Quote me
Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by iokpebholo: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

He is a Nobody. Quote me
Quote me sir,u are nobody
Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by solmus: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2020
grin

Chai if Obaseki fails to win, many of this noise makers go hear am

Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by clarocuzioo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Okoo
Re: Oshiomhole Engages His Mouth More Than His Brain - Charles Idahosa by francisbarrack(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
story changes sha godfather nao godson

(1) (Reply)

Lagos As The Most Viable State May Secede / N40 Billion Probe: NDDC MD, Pondei, ‘slumps’ During Reps Committee Interrogation / Buhari Meets Jonathan At State House Abuja (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.