Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,776 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

2003 Bmw X5 Downshift Issue - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2003 Bmw X5 Downshift Issue (1232 Views)

SOLD!!! Clean Regd 2003 BMW 328i At Giveaway / 2003 Bmw X5 Well Maintained For Sale @ N2M Asking Price / 2006 BMW X5 4.8IS AWD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Bmw X5 Downshift Issue by kamikazee0(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2011
Hello All,
I have a problem with my X5.
I have no prblem accelerating but as soon as i apply the brakes and start to slow down, the car buckles / jerks, i figure this happens when the gear system is seeking lower gears. I disengaged the automatic to drive manually and the same happens when i try to downshift, no problems going from 1st through 6th gear.
I'm thinking gear oil change but the manual says it shouldn't be changed.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Re: 2003 Bmw X5 Downshift Issue by kamikazee0(m): 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
In addition,
The Pixel display on my MID and Console is bad, Letters and figures are incomplete.
I've seen the problem on a number of BM's
Any ideas as to hoe to fix that?

Thanks
Re: 2003 Bmw X5 Downshift Issue by Onwan: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2011
@OP
I'm not sure how this will sound to you but it looks like an engine issue to me. I will advise you go for a scan first (that's if you don't have a scanner yourself) to find out what it says then you can it up from there. By the way I used to have the occasional jerking on mine initially but after a full service with Mobil 1 oil, it stopped.

The solution to the LCD panel thing is to change that LCD display itself. You will get it at Ladipo.
Re: 2003 Bmw X5 Downshift Issue by kamikazee0(m): 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
Thanks a lot Onwan
I actually intend to get it scanned this weekend (out of town at the moment). I'll post the results once i have it.
Any idea how much the panel costs?
Re: 2003 Bmw X5 Downshift Issue by Onwan: 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2011
Im not sure how much you would get it for but I just checked on the X5 and the 530 and found out that they both actually have the same LCD display (I'm assuming you are referring to the LCD below the Speedo).

It will be easier (and cheaper) for you to tell them that you are looking for the LCD for a 2000 model 5 series than to tell them you want to buy the LCD for a BMW "JEEP" - that word will make them slam you with 5 times the regular asking price.

At times they insist on selling the while clock assembly though. All the best.

(1) (Reply)

A Tale Of Two Honda Civics ('95 & '96 Models) / Nigerian Used Honda Civic For Sale @670 / Registered 2008 Honda Civic Ex: Price reduced to N1.650m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.