Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) (919 Views)

Animation, Movie Poster And Illustration / The Official Teaser Of Nigeria’s First Full Length 3D Animation Film / Assassins Chase. Happy New Year 3D Animation For The Fans... Enjoy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by klimkid: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2020
Utricle Studios, an animation studio in Nigeria is set to release Nigeria's first full-length 3D Animation movie "Gammy and The Living Things".

Gammy and the Living Things is a feature length 3-D animated musical film about an agama lizard’s sojourn to the city of Lagos to actualize his dream of becoming a supperstar. With the lead role voiced by Mister Incredible, MI Abaga — undoubtedly Nigeria's Best Rapper — and other roles voiced by Nollywood veterans: Pete Edochie, Joke Silva, Segun Arinze; and Ghanaian star actor, John Dumelo, amongst others, the film promised to be an amazing treat!

Click on the link below to watch the Teaser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ubO0RY0OE&t=12s

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by klimkid: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2020
This is nice, The animation is clean.
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by 1Alex: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2020
I was about to commend the voice of the narrator till I found out it is M. I. Abaga. The guy has a very good voice. And the voice acting was perfect.

Naija no dey carry last.
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by PMPhoenix(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2020
It looks very good, I’d definitely pay to see this to support all of those who put in work. I’d love to do voice acting some day too smiley.
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by klimkid: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2020
PMPhoenix:
It looks very good, I’d definitely pay to see this to support all of those who put in work. I’d love to do voice acting some day too smiley.

Yeah, me too. The animation is very clear, you might think it is made in US.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by obiekunie2: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2020
This Gammy may end up a GRAMMY!

Nigerians! one hell of a talented people!

but the very few bad ones among us in collabo with our politicians, are hell bent on pulling us down.

in case you are wondering about the followup music, it is Rat race by the Mandators - indomie generation will not know them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBgbovkl30Y
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by thewesternking: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2020
I like the way this looks. Great that Nigeria and Nigerians are finally jumping on the 3D animation train. Can't wait to see the full movie
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by emdidy: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
This is beautiful, really. And coming from a Nigerian company, it's super encouraging. I can't wait for the movie to be out!
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by josh123(m): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
poor.But its a nice start though,they should have used 2d animation
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by Salmoneus(m): 9:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Yikes, looks ugly! the background in the outdoor scenes were horrendous, the animation is ok though but I certainly won't pay money to see this in the cinema...but there is promise of you guys making something better in future...
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by Offpoint: 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
I'm paying for this for the first time in my life... I won't be waiting for FZ movies
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by naijacartoon: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2020
All those saying poor poor poor without any specifics for improvement, am sure you are all animators and you have done something better than that to show, as someone in the industry, even crappie animation is not easy to make. Now considering the resources at their desposal, they were able to come up with such work, the needed to be supported, they are not comparing themselves with DreamWorks, Pixar,Disney and Co, every thing is a stage, for me, this stage is ok
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by akinolaa76: 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2020
I was in a mentoring session (face to face via zoom) with a top director from DreamWorks Chuck Austen (You can Google his name) recently. It was a privilege I was most grateful for as it has set me on a path I couldn't have imagined. I was one of two Nigerians on that meeting. My question to the veteran animator and filmmaker was simple.

I told him I can't have access to Hollywood education in filmmaking (by the way , I am a 3D animator and a storyteller and an aspiring filmmaker) or Ivy league education, what advise does he have? His response.

You don't need those two to get educated. But most importantly, he told me and the rest of the people (about 10 of us).... 'Whatever story or 3D work you have, push it out. The world is waiting for it'

Now to comment on Gammy.

The Nigerian entertainment space have been waiting for a good job like Gammy. What I saw up there is a job well done and I can't imagine the kind of work that must have gone into a 3D animation project like Gammy.

Anybody who feels otherwise doesn't either understand what goes into storytelling (in animation industry) starting from getting the script right. Imagine the kind of crappy contents nollywood has filled you with over the years, then watch that teaser again.

It's high time we appreciate our own.
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by noble2faith(m): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
Salmoneus:
Yikes, looks ugly! the background in the outdoor scenes were horrendous, the animation is ok though but I certainly won't pay money to see this in the cinema...but there is promise of you guys making something better in future...

Patiently waiting for your own animation movie.
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by Salmoneus(m): 12:18am On Jul 13, 2020
noble2faith:

Patiently waiting for your own animation movie.

Ok, my bad...this is the greatest animation I have ever seen, better than anything Pixar and Disney can ever concieve...I can't wait for it to reach cinemas!! well done for creating the greatest animated movie on Earth!! happy now? undecided
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by growtogeda: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2020
Salmoneus:

Ok, my bad...this is the greatest animation I have ever seen, better than anything Pixar and Disney can ever concieve...I can't wait for it to reach cinemas!! well done for creating the greatest animated movie on Earth!! happy now? undecided
you undoubtedly don't know how much work goes into making 3d animations.
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by noble2faith(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2020
Salmoneus:

Yes..
grin
Re: Nigeria Set To Release First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. (watch Teaser) by noble2faith(m): 11:33am On Jul 13, 2020
growtogeda:

you undoubtedly don't know how much work goes into making 3d animations.

Don't mind that China guy...

(1) (Reply)

PS4 Adventure Games Cds For Sale At A Very Cheap Price / Becoming A Susscesful Freelance Designer / Animated Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.