Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Mayowa Duntoye On Her Failed Marriage, Single Parenting And New Movie, Mayowa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mayowa Duntoye On Her Failed Marriage, Single Parenting And New Movie, Mayowa (211 Views)

I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests / Wema Bank Opens Innovative Trainning School For Old And New Staff / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mayowa Duntoye On Her Failed Marriage, Single Parenting And New Movie, Mayowa by jerupil: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
We do not come across people, especially ladies who are willing to let the public into their private lives without being prodded. Especially, where such people have endured marital turbulence, heartaches and disappointments. Mayowa Duntoye was free to discuss about issues most people would rather keep in the closet. A single mother who has to raise her daughter of 14 years can write a book.

Mayowa Duntoye was born in Lagos to a family of four. She is the eldest with three younger brothers. Her parents are from Oro town in Kwara State, North Central Nigeria. She speaks with Oludare Sorunke, Executive Editor, BLACKWASH Media on her troubled marriage, single parenting and her debut biopic movie, Mayowa.

Why did you choose acting as a career?

I choose acting because I have passion for it and it had been my dream since I was young. I grew up watching theatre performances by the late Hubert Ogunde, Adebayo Salami (Oga Bello), Adeyemi Afolayan (Ade Love) and several others. These people made imprints into what we are now enjoying in Nollywood. They brought depth, character and meaning to the industry.

I observed that the main function of the movie industry is to make people laugh, feel good about themselves, tell our stories and educate us about the importance of community.

read full story @ https://blackwash.blog/exclusive-mayowa-duntoye-on-her-failed-marriage-single-parenting-and-new-movie-mayowa/

(1) (Reply)

How Anyone Can Average N100,000 In One Weekend While Pushing A Button / Enter 20,000 Naira Prize Draw For 5 Minute Survey / Lowyhal Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.