Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico (977 Views)

Beautiful Scenery From The Islamic Republic Of Iran / Pls How’s Life In Puerto Rico / Beautiful Scenery Of Lagos You Won't Believe. (2) (3) (4)

Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by Tobimillar1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
These are not the best times for most people across the globe especially now with the pandemic. The greatest concerns are not only the risk of contacting Corona virus but also associated mental health risk stemming from the various forms of restrictions and lockdown in most of the countries of the world.

Traveling and seeing the world has always been my way of dealing with mental stress and the corona virus shouldn't an hindrance to those who like me, love to travel or take road trips.

So we set out from our home in Chicago on July 6, with spirit airlines which happens to be one of the worst airlines in America mainly because of the zero customer care , no free in flight snacks, plus the flight itself was very noisy.. reminded me of a flight I took from lagos to porthacourt couple of years ago with medview airlines ... i am not even religious, but i was praying all thru. Anyways .. we had about 4 hours lay over in Florida.. and landed in San Juan puerto rico around 3am on july 7....

I had already had a car rental pre-booked with alamo car rentals... rates are not so bad , $35/day with taxes.. so we went straight to the rentals, its at the airport in San juan ... was given a neat nissan sedan and off we go to our host...

Updates in a bit

Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by iyapont: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
patiently waiting
Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by Tobimillar1(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
Few facts about Puerto Rico..

1) it’s a United States territory so you only need a US visa to visit .
2) it’s Spanish speaking but I realize most of the people speak English as a second language so you won’t have lots of problems communicating with the people
3) they have a large black population especially in a place called piñonce..
4) they have places that look just like lagos or Abeokuta mainly because of the architecture. Due to their weather and it’s been prone to hurricanes , most of their houses are decked without roofing sheets .. especially in places like Carolina where I am currently staying
5) Puerto Rican’s are the most hospitable people I have met .. no racial prejudice.. very welcoming set of people ..
6) houses are cheaper compared to mainland.. but hotel reservations especially around San Juan are freaking expensive.. will snap and upload pictures from the street of Carolina Puerto Rico

Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by coronavirus19: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Let me land here
Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by showietee: 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
Waiting, would love to see the Abeokuta lookalike.
Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by Minsk24: 2:19am On Jul 11, 2020
We afff land oh
Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by meobizy(f): 6:49am On Jul 11, 2020
I swear, people are begging to catch the Coronavirus.
Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by NiklauseFred(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2020
Okada drop me here!! lipsrsealed

Re: Beautiful Scenery From Puerto Rico by Linsigne(m): 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
He no good as Op leave this topic oo

UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia / Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad / Info On USA Immigration Visa