Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch (3181 Views)

My New Forum Created / What If You Combined A Social Network And A Forum. I Just Did It, Check It Out / Check Out This New Forum I Installed. Like Nairaland++ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
Fash20:
Nice work.
I'm working on something similar. Im using the MERN stack though.
nice I was in mern b4 but i don't like express js, because it doesn't do much for u, I like flask than express js I will always use flask for building APIs I currently building a library in flask, I hope u are using mongoose
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Fash20: 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
codeigniter:

nice I was in mern b4 but i don't like express js, because it doesn't do much for u, I like flask than express js I will always use flask for building APIs I currently building a library in flask, I hope u are using mongoose

Sure bro
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
Fash20:

Sure bro
ok, god speed with ur development

1 Like

Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Javierleon(m): 5:40am On Sep 09, 2020
codeigniter:

i thought I have replied to this message before
a) the site stats is on everybody's profile, I think i am not building another NL that what NLs and it clones all have in common
b) I would like to go for sweeter domain name but most of the nice ones including the 2 up suggested are gone I chose africonn because the nn gives the illusion of m. so africom is short for africans community, and it is available.
c) I will advertise when I have the funds but right now, I am working on the design so as to reduce d bounce rate, it is not only about many people getting aware of the site, it is about usage, content and people won't stay if they don't like the site
d) I have implemented all of that myself along side a point system. maybe I will add badges in the future
e)any body who wants to moderate are all welcome
f) I have done on page SEO, sitemaps e.t.c, but I don't have much to pay for ads at the moment and my source of traffic as been NL
g) nice suggestions, I will add date of birth but I won't display it to the public, and their dob will only be shared with there followers
h) I have that already
I) ok, let me explain how the Hamlet works
Hamlet is like a small groups of people subscribe to a something e.g I can create an Hamlet for people who do cakes automatically I am d moderator of my group, In d future I will add the ability for a moderate to adds members of an Hamlet as a moderate. so thread can be created within the Hamlet and the public can comment to see new things from the Hamlet u have to become a member and u will see d new things on ur feeds. I chose Hamlet because of it's flexibility, I don't have to create new category on demand.

j) means of monetisation would be nice but we need to get users first

thanks for showing interest, u can chat me up on WhatsApp +2348142700835, and let discuss how u can help with d development of d site

your contact was provided publicly and yhat is not a good thing, by the way am a py, django, flask, C, cybersecurity dev.
Can I dm you, I would love to contribute ideas and code, if that's okay with you
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
Javierleon:

your contact was provided publicly and yhat is not a good thing, by the way am a py, django, flask, C, cybersecurity dev.
Can I dm you, I would love to contribute ideas and code, if that's okay with you

sure u can contact me, I purposely did that, am I at security risk here? hacker grin grin
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Javierleon(m): 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2020
codeigniter:

sure u can contact me, I purposely did that, am I at security risk here? hacker grin grin
Lol am not a hacker o
am just saying, its not safe that way if you don't want unnecessary messages from poeple u don't know
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
Javierleon:

Lol am not a hacker o
am just saying, its not safe that way if you don't want unnecessary messages from poeple u don't know
thanks, noted
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Babtunz: 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
Hi codeigniter, I really love this project and I'll be more than glad to chip in my widow's mite in the development of your site. I'm a full-stack dev with expertise in JS and some Python. I'd love to contribute to the UI of the project.

Please revert soon.
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2020
Babtunz:
Hi codeigniter, I really love this project and I'll be more than glad to chip in my widow's mite in the development of your site. I'm a full-stack dev with expertise in JS and some Python. I'd love to contribute to the UI of the project.

Please revert soon.
thanks, though I have upgraded the UI of site, but I have not push it to the server but I could still use ur help drop ur WhatsApp no, so I can contact u
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Babtunz:

Please revert soon.
Hi Babtunz, Are still interested
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Babtunz: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2020
codeigniter:

Hi Babtunz, Are still interested

Hi codeigniter, sorry about that, I thought I replied. Never knew the message never got delivered.

Yeah, still interested but currently not active on whatsapp. You can send me a mail or a dm at my twitter. Which one do you prefer? Let me know, thanks.
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
Babtunz:

Hi codeigniter, sorry about that, I thought I replied. Never knew the message never got delivered.

Yeah, still interested but currently not active on whatsapp. You can send me a mail or a dm at my twitter. Which one do you prefer? Let me know, thanks.
a mail would do
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Babtunz: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
codeigniter:

a mail would do

Alright. I will send you a mail with my email address. Looking forward to working with you!
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
Babtunz:

Alright. I will send you a mail with my email address. Looking forward to working with you!
ok
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by codeigniter(m): 1:58am On Dec 13, 2020
After a long time of hard work, this site is finally out for public use

1 Like

Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by AfriNotesNEWS: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2020
Very nice bro

Just research more on a universal domain

A better and easier to remember domain will be more of help here

Keep it up
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Roadyroadie: 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
Great app and idea.
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
AfriNotesNEWS:
Very nice bro

Just research more on a universal domain

A better and easier to remember domain will be more of help here

Keep it up

africonn.com is usually easy to remember
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 14, 2020
codeigniter:
I have been using NL seen last year, it is great but lack a lot of thing other forum has, which has let it retain it's speed, since it did not get better and we have gotten faster network.

Since a lot of people complains about NL and nothing is being done, I decided to start a fun project to make a forum for african not just Nigeria, on this forum you can create polls and share it with ur friends, you create jobs, create resume, blog e.t.c

Well, no amount word would explain it all until you check it out

http://www.africonn.com
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by mocochannel: 11:03am On Sep 24, 2022
codeigniter:
After a long time of adding more features. I have moved the app from Heroku to aws and ha e gotten the domain name www.africonn.com at this point a can say it is the best african developed forum and it is ready for use it. Thanks to those who helped me tested it initially
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by mocochannel: 11:04am On Sep 24, 2022
devdev:

So you don't have a styling sheet Anyways, work on your footer content. It's aligned to the left on desktop and centered on mobile device.
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by mocochannel: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2022
codeigniter:
you have ability to make cv, polls and post jobs

there is always for development

for newbies who want to learn how to programme with python, JavaScript e.t.c, I am going to resume back to making educative videos on python e.t.c on YouTube, trust me it is going to be good and educative, my channel name is dataslid and so make sure you subscribe to keep updated
Re: Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
U can't force people to visit your website.

Save money and INVEST IN SEO

It is your best bet for now.

Invest in getting quality backlinks, inbound and outbound linking, better meta description so search engines can easily understand your site.

It's pretty hard to make anything you're doing right now blow if all u do is spam Nairaland and hoping people will come to ur forum.... They'll just see u as a joke.

Your biggest investment now should be on SEO

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / Vb6.0 Projects / Can Nairaland Programming Section Be More Like Stack Overflow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.