Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG (391 Views)

Atiku Tackles Tinubu For Not Helping APC Avert Economic Crisis / Economic Blueprint: Atiku Tackles Lai Mohammed, Demands Apology / Amina Zakari: INEC Putting Nigeria’s Democracy Under Threat – Ohanaeze President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by Aonkuuse(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
Former Nigerian vice President, Atiku Abubarka has disagreed with the Federal Government on the alleged cancellation of 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examinations due to be conducted soon.

The people's Democratic Party's presidential candidate in the 2019 presidential elections urge the Buhari's led administration to take into account that the lives they are trying to save will be further put at risk by cancelling the senior secondary school exams.

In a statement released on Friday, Atiku said;

"As a parent and investor in the education sector, I wish to register that the Nigerian government’s policy of unilaterally cancelling the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, held annually by the West African Examinations Council, is not in Nigeria’s best interest.

"At a time of the global COVID19 pandemic, it is understandable that an abundance of caution be put in place to save lives. However, caution, without consultation, and thoughtful action, may be counterproductive.

"1.5 million Nigerian youths write the West African Senior School Certificate Examination annually. To abruptly cancel this examination is to set back our nation’s youth, and place them behind their contemporaries in other West African countries.

"This is perilous because Foreign Direct Investments and other economic indicators are tied to the educational indexes of nations.

"Already, Nigeria lags behind other African nations in crucial indices, like school enrolment, pass rates, and out of school children. This action will further create chaos in the public education system and exacerbate an already bad situation.

"Rather than cancellation, there are better ways to protect the health of Nigerians and prevent the pandemic from escalating.

"We could mobilise all available public & private infrastructures, including primary schools, stadia, and cinemas, for the examinations. In the alternative, the Federal Government can prevail on WAEC to have staggered examinations with a different set of questions for each shift.

"Doing so will allow WAEC Nigeria to implement social distancing and achieve the goal of carrying out the examinations. A win-win scenario.

"I urge this administration to take into account that the lives they are trying to save will be further put at risk, because if this policy is not reversed, tens of thousands, and possibly hundreds of thousands of Nigerians, will breach social distancing rules to cross over to neighbouring West African nations to write their WASSCE, rather than miss a year."

Source: https://www.freshreporters.com/2020/07/you-are-putting-nigeria-at-more-risk-by.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by Simplyleo: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Athifku is more foolish than his newly acquired ipob pigs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by LongLife4all: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by Aonkuuse(m): 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

Are you happy now ?

Whatever makes you happy is okay by me..

You are passing through so much pain and if only the Pain eases through this way...then his name be praised.
Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
Good
Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

I may not know anything o, but I know your head is paining you.

I appears to me like you are talking in the nonsense
Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by Simplyleo: 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Are you happy now ?

Whatever makes you happy is okay by me..

You are passing through so much pain and if only the Pain eases through this way...then his name be praised.
Yes, I'm very happy now.

But do you know lamidi cownu and his ipob piglets are fools?

1 Like

Re: You Are Putting Nigeria At More Risk By Cancelling WAEC Exams - Atiku Tackles FG by adekolaelect(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

Yes, I'm very happy now.

But do you know lamidi cownu and his ipob piglets are fools?
future continuous Tens !!!!!!!! Pls don't take laugh kill person for here ooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gani Adams Attacks Asiwaju Bola Tinubu: Absurd, Uncouth, Uncalled For – OPCI / Sacked Chairmen Rejects Appeal Court Judgement, To Take Matter To Supreme Court / BREAKING: Armed Security Men Storm The Home Of Joi Nunieh In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.