Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps (3622 Views)

Delete These Apps Immediately! / Delete These 6 Apps To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With SARS / 7 Banned Apps You Must Delete From Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Biodun556(m): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
https://m.guardian.ng/life/google-advises-android-users-to-delete-these-24-banned-apps/

h, tech giant Google banned over 50 apps due to concerns that they are causing Android users to be flooded with adverts.

Google has further banned 24 apps from its Play Store for the same problem, with worries that the apps were clogging phones up with annoying hardware.

According to Daily Express, the latest attack targets Facebook users with stolen personal information and credentials that hackers stole from social accounts.

The ban came after French cyber-security firm Evina reported its findings to Google in May.

Evina discovered that the apps could infiltrate devices by offering genuine functionality.

When a user installs the app, a hidden code inside it is automatically activated and begins to steal personal data. When the user launches Facebook, an overlay web browser window pops up over the Facebook app.

It brings up a Facebook login page that is incredibly like the real thing. Then users enter their username and password, which are sent on to hackers.

Evina found the malicious code in 24 apps, which Google removed as soon as it was reported to them at the end of May and they had verified the security company’s findings.

The 24 apps are:

Super Wallpapers Flashlight
Padenatef
Wallpaper Level
Contour Level wallpaper
iPlayer & iWallpaper
Video Maker
Color Wallpapers
Pedometer
Powerful Flashlight
Super Bright Flashlight
Super Flashlight
Solitare Game
Accurate scanning of QR code
Classic card game
Junk file cleaning
Synthetic Z
File Manager
Composite Z
Screenshot Capture
Daily Horoscope Wallpapers
Wuxia Reader
Plus Weather
Anime Live Wallpaper
Health Step Counter

Google has since removed the apps from Play Store and they are no longer available for download.

However, those who already have the apps on their phones would have to delete them manually.

Users are also advised to change their Facebook passwords after deleting the apps.

In 2019, we reported precautions to take when using FaceApp after some controversy trailed it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by GboyegaD(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
I am not installing my Solitare. My phone, my choice of game. If there's anything to uninstall, it is all the useless Google apps that monitors one's life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
Many of my friends facebook accounts have been hacked
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by kmaster007: 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
how will you except me to delete file manager
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by colonelwealth(m): 12:30am On Jul 11, 2020
Hmmm

even file manager
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Zimri(m): 6:02am On Jul 11, 2020
Anything Google app is the stalker here

1 Like

Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Munieer(m): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Wait even file manager, I nr believe
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by chiiraq802(m): 7:56am On Jul 11, 2020
colonelwealth:
Hmmm

even file manager

Not the one that came with your phone, may be the file manager downloaded from google play store....my opinion shaaa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by chiiraq802(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Munieer:
Wait even file manager, I nr believe

Not the one that came with your phone, may be the file
manager downloaded from google play store....my opinion
shaaa!!!
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by falcon01: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2020
They want to be the only ones who own your data, besides who will install those garbage Apps
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by LordOfTheWeed: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2020
kmaster007:
how will you except me to delete file manager
Calm down bro.. . .. It's expect not except grin

2 Likes

Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
chiiraq802:

Not the one that came with your phone, may be the file manager downloaded from google play store....my opinion shaaa!!!

You are right.
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Biodun556(m): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
GboyegaD:
I am not installing my Solitare. My phone, my choice of game. If there's anything to uninstall, it is all the useless Google apps that monitors one's life.

True.

I'm waiting for China to do something about all Google services. Their monopoly is too much
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Freelancerx: 12:19am On Jul 12, 2020
Toor
Even file manager, how is that even possible
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by IamDavid(m): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2020
Freelancerx:
Toor
Even file manager, how is that even possible
Definately not the one that comes with your phone. They are referring to third party apps.
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by IamDavid(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2020
Biodun556:

True.

I'm waiting for China to do something about all Google services. Their monopoly is too much
Well, it will probably continue like that for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by scarycuteface(m): 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
How can one delete file manager
Re: Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps by Freelancerx: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
IamDavid:

Definately not the one that comes with your phone. They are referring to third party apps.

Okay, dunno about the 3rd party app tho

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Glo Internet Speed Via APN For Fast And Smooth Browsing / Phones And Tablets Made In Osun State, Nigeria [photos] / Iphone 7 Panel Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.