Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions (52077 Views)

Man United Face Uphill Task To Reach Champions League, Admits Bruno Fernandes / English Premier League Confirms Three Major Changes In VAR / Twitter Users Make Use Of VAR To Make Correct Decisions About Pictures (FUNNY) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Chochovini: 7:30am On Jul 11, 2020
majamajic:
Minus the goal it's still 2-0
So no meaning
. I WONDER. See, Im a Chelsea fan but I want to say, even without the VAR support, Man U would have won Aston all thesame considering their present form. It could have ended in a 2:0 full time game and thats still a BIG win.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by enonche85(m): 7:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Apart from the yesterday controversial penalty awarded to Manchester United, which other one can you point to?

Paul Pogba's against Tottenham.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by gp6liveth(m): 7:44am On Jul 11, 2020
As a united fan I was even against that penalty. We don't deserve it.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by enonche85(m): 7:52am On Jul 11, 2020
majamajic:
Minus the goal it's still 2-0
So no meaning

That first wrong penalty spoiled the game, it can demoralize a player's motivation and change the attitude of the game. Villa were actually playing well before the penalty, it could've a different game if there had been no penalty.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by jamalnation(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2020
flyingpig:

Deal with it tongue
Nah you deal with 5th position
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by SirMichael1: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

You no go blame me, I just heard lots of people talking about it.
I was like, "I only know Liverbeach not LiVARpool" cry but I beleaf you if you say it's not true. undecided
Hehehehe. So you don't even watch football self. You're just a football fan at face value. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oya, who is Hudson-Odoi and Tomori? Don't google please. smiley
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by swiz123(m): 8:39am On Jul 11, 2020
donproject:

They can never point to any other one. Even when VAR has made lots of mistakes in its decisions in so many matches, they only start shouting and wailing when it involves Manchester United. Even the topic read "VAR admit mistakes in all its decision[b]s[/b] for Thursday matches," but they are only picking on Manchester United. SMH

Do you really need to be reminded when James fell over a Norwich player only to get a penalty?

Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by proxillin(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2020
Shetos:

As if Manchester United have not been victim of VAR bad decision, so all the goals they've been scoring is by the help of ref because of a single penalty decision.
Rashford goal was ruled offside vs Bournemouth n many wrong decisions which cost man utd points. But Nigerians with our bias will attribute their recent successes to VAR.

13 dubios penalty in one season. Na only Man u dey league?
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by proxillin(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2020
Digriz:
Agbero FC fans should keep their mouth shut, United is coming back to destroy and bury them 6 foot below in the FA cup.
If you are afraid of VAR then avoid fouling us in the 18yard box. We hv the best frontline in England now and we don't show mercy to anyone., so agbero club should better deal with it.

ok VARchester. Keep playing munions until you meet a real competion. All you noise na 6th position
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by EBISABA(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2020
VAR as never favor I and my team(Arsenal)before. Oloriburuku ni won.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by VickyRotex(f): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2020
SirMichael1:
Hehehehe. So you don't even watch football self. You're just a football fan at face value. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Awwww you aff cash me o. cheesy cheesy Very funny. I dont have TV or internet to wash. cry

Surprised you cant see the humour or sarcasm in my previous replies. So you actually think I beleaf you or that I actually heard people talking about it. shocked

Oya, who is Hudson-Odoi and Tomori? Don't google please. smiley

Just kukuma ask me to list out all the names of past, present, and future Chelsea players, their position, number of goals, family history, etc. sad sad

Btw, watching football or being a fan at so called "face value" shouldn't make anyone less of whatever club they chose to support.

Don't be a party pooper please smiley
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Manred0(m): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2020
Any theories on why United are getting so many this season compare to before?

In my opinion,
VAR helps.
Addition of James especially and Bruno. Those two are direct into the box types. Also Greenwood.
Martial at CF, he is a more skillful and tricky player good at nick-neat interlink passes = better chance to get pens.
McTominator making more runnings into box. McT have "malicia" football skill.
Couple those with what we already have, eg. Rash at LW, Pogba attacking, etc.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by berrystunn(m): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Man United have been awarded penalty thirteen times this season, more than any club in the history of premiership.

Premier League Clubs Penalty this season

Manchester United = 13

Liverpool + Arsenal + Tottenham Hotspur = 12

Pain killer
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Xenowerk4000(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Varchester United .
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2020
Para e
MorataFC:
... and when we call them penalty FC they flare up.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Zenithpeak(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2020
I once said it on this platform that VAR may survive three seasons in English Premiership... Its becoming obvious that, the technology is a useful witchcraft aimed at manipulating games
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by SouthPaw24(m): 11:08am On Jul 11, 2020
False decisions are part of the game. Glad to know VAR can't take it out.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by oje0734: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by oyaaa(m): 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
Manchester Uniteds present form just dey pepper people body ehhhh
Because of one controversial penalty now, all the penalties they’ve been given is now undeserved grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by HazzanTazzan(m): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.
Not surprised.
VAR has been guilty of committing errors right from its inception. The reason is simple. As long as it is put under the control of humans, the erroneous nature of human is reflected in the decisions of VAR.
In other words, subjectivity rather than absolute objectivity remains.

That's why Goal line Tech is 100% accurate. Absolute objectivity.
I'm one of those who believe VAR was a mistake. If it wasn't gonna eradicate errors completely, the game should have been left intact. Errors and mistakes are part of the things that makes the game buzz. Talking Points.
Remember, Maradona's hand of God. One of the Most celebrated goals in WC.
VAR just makes the game highly mechanized. Yet, favoritism and swindles exists. Madrid and LiVARpool benefitted a lot. Barça are suffering from its decisions.

Did you just say Goal line tech is 100% accurate?

The same goal line technology that the ref claimed didnt alert him tgat the ball crossed the line until after the match ended ?

Really?

Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Temmylee01(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
cheesy grin grin grin grin � � mofo ooohhh
Samylekey:

Masun
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Sleekmilan01(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
9ty4our:
Nonsense, do you think the english fa give a dam? Its what they have been doing long before now. Do you think the would have given a penalty if it was in favor of aston villa? Or do you thing if spurs were to be man u they would have not given that penalty?. Note this: in english premiership a ref can help you win a match/ matches and can also help you lose it.. Is it not in the english premiership match a ref also celebrated a goal against a team in the match he was officiating? Note refs also help fix matches..

Which match be that abeg and what year??
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Sleekmilan01(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
After all the the ojoro wey var dey use help manure united,na still 5th them go finish the season
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by reigncalif1: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
why all the hate on man United cause of one penalty decision,,,lol NIGERIAN blue fan never disappoint
is it ONLY man United that have been favours controversialy by var this season , we haven't even won the league and people are hating us like this , what if now win the league that one na die hahahaha
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by ChristineC: 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
enonche85:

That first wrong penalty spoiled the game, it can demoralize a player's motivation and change the attitude of the game. Villa were actually playing well before the penalty, it could've a different game if there had been no penalty.
so how many goals did Villa score?
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by SirMichael1: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

Awwww you aff cash me o. cheesy cheesy Very funny. I dont have TV or internet to wash. cry

Surprised you cant see the humour or sarcasm in my previous replies. So you actually think I beleaf you or that I actually heard people talking about it. shocked

Just kukuma ask me to list out all the names of past, present, and future Chelsea players, their position, number of goals, family history, etc. sad sad

Btw, watching football or being a fan at so called "face value" shouldn't make anyone less of whatever club they chose to support.

Don't be a party pooper please smiley
How did you escalate this so fast? You have trouble. grin I began conceiving the idea that you might not really know your club and why they're fighting for top 4, therefore, i posited the questions to you.

I started watching football 2&1/2yrs ago, before then, i was a supporter of man united 'cause my big bro is. So that one doesn't watch football, doesn't mean he/she can't be a fan.

sorry, i couldn't fill this comment with 'laughing emojis', i just got up from a nap. I'm chuckling though.
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by VickyRotex(f): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
SirMichael1:
How did you escalate this so fast? You have trouble. grin I began conceiving the idea that you might not really know your club and why they're fighting for top 4, therefore, i posited the questions to you.
cheesy grin who has more trouble than the Seer, motivational speaker and Liverpoolbeach fan angry I've seen people on here pose similar questions just to get at someone and I don't find that fun or entertaining. angry
And yes, I am a fan and love football, but I barely follow sport news.

In bold: common, they need UCL qualification na. grin grin Wasn't it the same reason I was teasing you yesterday that your situation before Covid was different and you likely wouldn't have qualified if you didn't win EPL. Or am I wrong about that? cheesy

I started watching football 2&1/2yrs ago, before then, i was a supporter of man united 'cause my big bro is. So that one doesn't watch football, doesn't mean he/she can't be a fan.

Same here, I've been a Chelsea fan for almost a decade, (maybe initially audio fan cheesy) I admit I may not know so much about them, but I am a fan angry There are somethings that I follow if I want to. e.g., I chose to go out today instead of following the game in an hour, last week I took a nap during the first half grin I'm a big fan, but I no fit kee myself cheesy
I've not been a regular at watching football, especially since I left NG, but awee KTBFFH any day, anytime grin
sorry, i couldn't fill this comment with 'laughing emojis', i just got up from a nap. I'm chuckling though.
No worries, let me epp you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Btw, I had a feeling you were a ManU fan, just didn't wan to pose that earlier. Interesting!

But seriously we cool, I just enjoy doing this grin cool
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Shetos: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
proxillin:

13 dubios penalty in one season. Na only Man u dey league?
All 13 penalties were dubious?, You watched all the 13. Or it's no longer a penalty when a player is fouled, man utd still concedeed a questionable penalty at Bournemouth.. Chelsea played 3 penalties in their last 3 games. You only get a penalty when you attack, Man City also received 10 penalties this season
Re: Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions by Merimental(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Only legends can understand
Indomie generation will think garri was once blue...

Who Deserves World Best Player Btw Messi Nd Ronaldo. / POOL FIXED ULTIMATE KEY / Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized