Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,186 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Codeigniter 4 Is Exactly Like Laravel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Codeigniter 4 Is Exactly Like Laravel (299 Views)

See This Website That Looks Exactly Like Nairaland / Need A Website Exactly Like This / Where Can I Get Meta Discription On A Website Exactly Like Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Codeigniter 4 Is Exactly Like Laravel by Ayemileto(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
So, I just completed my first project using CI4, and i can tell you it now looks like Laravel.

Here are some Similar things:

1. Command Line Server: Codeigniter now have a command line server that can be launched with "php spark serve". This is similar to Laravel's "php artisan serve" command.

2. Database Migrations: Codeigniter now have a database migration method that can be use from the command prompt or terminal window. and It is very similar to Laravel's.

3. The Model: in the new CI4 framework, you get to write extremely fewer lines of code in your model. You now have to declare your primary key, fillable fields and many other things . there are now pre developed method for performing lots of database actions, making it very similar to other popular frameworks.

4. Use of namespaces/env file: Yeah, like Laravel, Codeigniter now have an env file. and namespaces are now used.

5. Use of Composer to manage Dependencies: Yes, the framework now uses composer to manage dependencies. i think you can choose not to use it though.

There are many other improvements in the framework in general, like the overall rearrangement of files and folder, using of return or echo to fetch a view, improved error reporting page and lots more.

In short, it is now in the league of many other top web development frameworks and I will urge web developers in the house to check it out!!!
Re: Codeigniter 4 Is Exactly Like Laravel by stanliwise(m): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ayemileto:
So, I just completed my first project using CI4, and i can tell you it now looks like Laravel.

Here are some Similar things:

1. Command Line Server: Codeigniter now have a command line server that can be launched with "php spark serve". This is similar to Laravel's "php artisan serve" command.

2. Database Migrations: Codeigniter now have a database migration method that can be use from the command prompt or terminal window. and It is very similar to Laravel's.

3. The Model: in the new CI4 framework, you get to write extremely fewer lines of code in your model. You now have to declare your primary key, fillable fields and many other things . there are now pre developed method for performing lots of database actions, making it very similar to other popular frameworks.

4. Use of namespaces/env file: Yeah, like Laravel, Codeigniter now have an env file. and namespaces are now used.

5. Use of Composer to manage Dependencies: Yes, the framework now uses composer to manage dependencies. i think you can choose not to use it though.

There are many other improvements in the framework in general, like the overall rearrangement of files and folder, using of return or echo to fetch a view, improved error reporting page and lots more.

In short, it is now in the league of many other top web development frameworks and I will urge web developers in the house to check it out!!!
Nice one o. Used it before, wasn’t so sleek as laravel but I guess it would be a different story now. But I guess laravel has stolen the show already
Re: Codeigniter 4 Is Exactly Like Laravel by Ayemileto(m): 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
stanliwise:
Nice one o. Used it before, wasn’t so sleek as laravel but I guess it would be a different story now. But I guess laravel has stolen the show already

Yes bro.

Even me was surprised at the improvements. But laravel still top.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Website? Read This First! Steps Involved In Creating A Website / My Company Is Creating FREE Website For Business And Religious Organizations / Please I Need Someone To Explain This To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.