Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival (260 Views)

Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies / MSME Survival Fund Registration: How To Apply As Portal Opens / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival by Joshkouture: 7:26am On Jul 11, 2020
So guys, while I was a student in the university about my third year, things became really difficult for my parents due to the incessant banditry and killings in southern Kaduna so we had to relocate from Kaduna to Lagos.

At the time, my two elder siblings were also undergraduates so it became difficult for parents to cater for our academic needs.

As a penultimate student of Unilag dropping out of school was never really an option so I had to fend for myself even as a student.

At this point in my life it dawned on me that the struggle was real and I needed to sustain myself to make ends meet.

I engaged as a labourer in various building sites even if the pay was nothing to go by but then I kept doing it to survive and pay for my tuition fees and other academic expenses for the semester.

I wouldn't resume for school until about one and a half months into the semester.

I was able to raise money to rent a photocopying shop inside the school and with smart work and diligence I kept on expanding, at this point I was able to get little returns that I could sustain myself comfortably and even send some stipends to my parents and my younger sibling.

I single-handedly sponsored my younger sibling all through school.

But today without exaggeration I can say that I'm doing well as a successful electrical merchant and God has really been faithful, I'm married to a beautiful wife, with two kids and at the same time living in my own apartment.

To all the legit hustlers out there keep grinding, now more than ever is the time to keep pushing, never give in to the hurdles or obstacles on the way to success.
With determination,dedication and discipline you'd get there

Please share your story as an inspiration to others. Who knows you might just be helping someone on here.

cc: dominique
FOD
naijacutee

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Wonderful. I'm happy you're doing great.
Re: What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival by Joshkouture: 7:45am On Jul 11, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Wonderful. I'm happy you're doing great.

Thanks bro, you can share your story so as to inspire others.
Re: What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2020
Joshkouture:

Thanks bro, you can share your story so as to inspire others.
Well, don't have much of a story.
Re: What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival by Clementz0(m): 11:36am On Jul 11, 2020
Currently working for a POS centre here while I await school resumption the Hussle is indeed real
Re: What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival by ugohdignity111(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Currently working as a labourer whenever I see work in any construction site pending when nysc stream 11 will start going to camp........e no easy for me here.......life after graduation no be moi-moi
Re: What Was The Most Embarrassing Job You Did B4 And After Graduation For Survival by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
ugohdignity111:
Currently working as a labourer whenever I see work in any construction site pending when nysc stream 11 will start going to camp........e no easy for me here.......life after graduation no be moi-moi
Lol, don't worry, things will get better for you.

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Be Rich, Stop Doing This One Thing / Used Batteries Needed Urgently !!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.