Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband (449 Views)

How SARS Murdered My 3 Sons - Woman, Now Childless & Abandoned By Her Husband / #ENDSARS: Leave Peter Obi Out Of Ezu River Corpses, SARS Murdered Them— MASSOB / EndSARS: Awkuzu SARS Under Lock As Protesters Paralyse Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by Apeshy102: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2020

~ look for another husband, we are taking him to hell – Awkuzu SARS to wife
~they acted as the investigator and executor– Lawyer

Amongst the many atrocities of Awkuzu SARS is the case of extrajudicial killing of Mr Johnson Chidozie Edoziuno who was murdered in cold blood. Mrs Precious Edoziuno and relatives recounts to News9naija how her husband was killed by Awkuzu SARS.

Mr Edoziuno had returned to Nigeria from Porto-Novo, Benin Republic where he has been living since 2005 to meet his wife who had just put to bed recently on the 3rd of April 2017.

Men of the Awkuzu SARS stormed his residence in the wee hours of 1st of August 2017, with a man in handcuffs who pointed at Mr Edoziuno “as the man”.

Mr Edoziuno was taken away and house ransacked, they didn’t just came to arrest, they looted the house, everything they could lay their hands on were taken away. Laptop, phones, power generator sets, television, dstv, pressing iron, blender, refrigerator, etc were all carted away.

Mrs Precious Edoziuno who watched in horror demanded to know what was going on. In her words, “I asked them what my husband did and where they are taking him to but they only told me, “go and look for another husband, we are taking him to hell”.

Left with no option nor knowledge of what was going on she scrambled for ways to reach her loved ones. Her sister (name withheld) also witnessed this as she was living with her at the time of the incident.

Mrs Precious’ brother (name withheld) told News9naija, “On the 1st of August 2017 at around 06:00 AM, I got a distress call from my sister with a different number informing me how a group of men wearing T-shirt with the FSARS inscription broke down their door, stormed into the room, packed all electronic devices in the house including his laptop, phones, power generator sets, television, dstv, pressing iron, blender, refrigerator and all valuables they could lay hands on including my sister’s phone.

“She demanded to know where he was being taken to but one of them told her to go find another husband that this one is going straight to hell fire and threatened her never to call anyone.

“No one was aware of his offence yet while they whisked him away in cuffs. I immediately phoned a soldier friend and paid 100k naira to enable him and his colleagues scout all possible stations for his location and finally at around 01:00 PM, they got his location to be at SARS AWKUZU.

“The soldiers were harassed out of the station. I hired an attorney on the 4th of August and he only made it to the station on the 7th of August.

“When he got there, he was told there was nobody bearing that name in their station and that they never carried out any such arrest. My sister was invited the next day to follow the attorney to the station again, luckily, she saw the group that came to arrest her husband and pointed them out, she was threatened and cursed to leave the station and never come back to station that she is married to a kidnapper and that he has been wasted”

“This was the first time we heard his crime. My attorney filed a case and a habeas corpus was issued by the court which SARS Awkuzu never honored on three adjournments.

“Finally they sent a lawyer who when interviewed by the judge said the accused was a kidnapper and that the kidnapped victim made a statement and was ready to testify, the case was again adjourned and the victim to be presented.

“On the date, a new lawyer showed up on behalf of SARS AWKUZU and said they just discovered the victim was killed and that the accused tried to evade arrest and was shot on the leg but died in an undisclosed hospital from the injury.

“On the heat of things, they presented a statement he made which said he is a kidnapper and that on the morning of his arrest that none of his property was taken away

“On the 14th of November, the presiding judge of Awka high court read a judgment confirming the accused dead and asked we file for damages.

“We the family still have a lot of unanswered question but till then. It been a long ride with a lot of expenditure and we’re in doubt if it’s worthwhile.

Lawyer to the Edoziuno family, Barr. JVC Okoro confirmed the incident to News9naija stating that he would give limited information on the issue as it is pending in the Enugu State Court of Appeal.

He however, confirmed to News9naija that Awkuzu SARS admitted to killing Mr Edoziuno. He said, “..the first court judgment did not go on appeal. The first file affidavit was to get Mr Edoziuno released or to have him arraigned in court.

“But from their counter affidavit, the court learned that Mr Edoziuno has been executed. Although they did not say so, from the circumstances, even the court in the judgment saw it so that they executed him.

“Even before coming to arrest him they have made up their mind to kill him, they acted as the investigator and executor”

He further told News9naija that the wife of Mr Edoziuno filed a fundamental right suit claiming for damages to the tune of N50M and also that the corpse of Mr Edoziuno be released to the family since he not been tried and found guilty of any offence.

Mrs Precious is downcast at he turn out of events. She has been exhausted financially and other as Awkuzu SARS who robbed her off of her husband has always made sure that every attempt to get justice for husband fell on the brick wall.

She is seeking justice and claiming damages if not for anything, but to just bury her husband properly.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/07/11/relatives-wife-recounts-how-awkuzu-sars-murdered-husband/
Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by Apeshy102: 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by youthsinitiativ(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
Na
Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by poshestmina(f): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
This story is 100% true.
The wife is a close friend.

Till today,no compensation,no apology! and the daughter is about 3 years old.

Rest in peace Chidozie cry
Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by obiekunie2: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
so much evil in the land. soo much evil. . .
Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by sammy7410(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
ha! dis SARS AWKUZU again

Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by Apeshy102: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
poshestmina:
This story is 100% true.
The wife is a close friend.

Till today,no compensation,no apology! and the daughter is about 3 years old.

Rest in peace Chidozie cry

thanks for confirming this
Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by NaMe4: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Re: Relatives, Wife Recounts How Awkuzu SARS Murdered Husband by NaMe4: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police On The Road Collecting Their Usual Bribes From Okada Riders(vid) / Another Fire Outbreak Hits Dubai Central Market Barely 24hours After Beirut Fire / How Oshiomhole Hijacked Ize-iyamu Campaign - Facts About Edo 2020 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.