Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities (4612 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhapsody Of Realities by Jeffahead: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
Good day fellow Nairalanders,
I wanted to share a thought with you all about daily devotionals.

I believe reading daily devotionals are an amazing part of christian life and I think that making access to such devotionals (like Christ Embassy's Rhapsody of Realities) easier would enhance a person's christian life.

For example, I use my mobile phone a lot. I have a bible on my phone which I also use a lot. So why not have Rhapsody of Realities on the phone too?

The technology is available and serious christians will always have access to Rhapsody without having to go out every month and find a copy.

I'd like to appeal to any senior pastors involved in getting daily devotionals out to people to consider bring this up-to-date with the present technology.

If our pastors can use the internet and the television to reach the masses with their voice, why not reach more people with their devotionals through the mobile phone too.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by GreyBeard: 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2011
It will probably not happen. After all, Christ Embasy make a lot of money with rhapsody. So why would they want to make it available for free on the mobile phone?

The truth be say, Na moni dey yan oooo.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Joagbaje(m): 10:04am On Feb 05, 2011
Those who know little of CEC tries to win public approval as if they know. CEC is one ministry that spend so much to reach everyone for jesus. Rhapsody in million copies are distributed worldwide free. It's also share free through facebook. If you want it free online just ask for it. It will come to your box. It's wrong criticising Gods work.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by mabell: 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Poster,
Ok but how do people go about this!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by GreyBeard: 3:16pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Joagbaje - Kool down my friend! No one is criticising God's work here. Some of you people want to attack anyone with a personal viewpoint that isn't in agreement with your own.
Anyway, I took your suggestion and went looking for rhapsody on facebook. All I could see was the rhapsody facebook page which directed me to where I could 'partner' with them.

So perhaps you should continue God's work and direct me to how I can read Rhapsody of Reality everyday for free online.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by mabell: 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2011
Well i have a rhapsody of realities thread here on Nairaland, all you need is a mobile internet and then you can read it on the go EVERYDAY
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by GreyBeard: 11:28am On Feb 06, 2011
Mabell, I commend your efforts to propagate Rhapsody everyday on this forum. But that isn't the solution I'm talking about because although what you are doing is honourable, it is unofficial. Afterall, (I'm guessing) you don't have an expressed mandate from CEC to do it - but please continue.

My point is that you cannot find Rhapsody online for free. CEC obviously have the resources to make it available online. Just look at their website and the new Yokos application and you'll know that they have the technical ability.

BUT - in my opinion they will NEVER officially make Rhapsody free online or on the mobile phone because that will immediately cut off the cash flow they are getting from this. I mean, lets be honest, all you CEC members here know that all of the so called "free" Rhapsody given to people is actually paid for by members of the church. At the end of the day, someone in the church (from Pastors down to members) is actually BUYING the Rhapsody for it to be distributed free.

I challenge CEC to really distribute it FREE online and/or on mobile phones are put their money where their mouth is and REALLY reach more people with this.

Lets see true christianity at work.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Jeffahead: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
I've finally found Rhapsody of Realities for the mobile phone. It is called E-Rhapsody and the link is:

http://www.rhapsodyofrealities.org/en/e-reader.htm

Unfortunately, you have to pay cry This is very disappointing because if I was partnering with them then I would happily contribute a lot of money. But to pay to have it on my phone is not what I expected.

I remember a devotional called "Our Daily Bread" that my parents used long ago. All you had to do then was to write to them (this was before emails and the internet) and they would send you a free copy every month. No strings attached. And the Word in that devotional really impacted my life.

Is CEC not supposed to be doing the same thing?? Or is it that you only get given a free copy once and then you have to keep paying?
Or do I need to be in hospital or in prison to receive regular free copies?

As bad as it sounds, Grey Beard - you may have a point. Because it looks like every avenue for a regular guy like myself to obtain Rhapsody regularly eventually ends up with a request for money.

CEC, how fa now?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Joagbaje(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2011
Your attitude shows you're not out for solution you are only out for mischief . I get rhapsody free from facebook and it's sent to my email daily, likewise millions or hundred of thousands of others. You should rather have asked for direction. Well lie I said ,you are out for mischief and there's no point giving you direction .
Over and out.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by mabell: 8:05pm On Feb 15, 2011
@Grey bread and jeffahead,
You just exposed yourselves and to think you were genuine about the Rhapsody of Realities
Free rhapsody is on facebook as well as nairaland so whats the issue
Yes money is paid for the e-copies, soft copies and hard copies but good money is also spent to produce and distribute ( we are not complaining)
like i just told you since you both like osho-free on face book and nairaland
Go there and clear your doubts
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Joagbaje(m): 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2011
On the other hand jeff HEAD, grey Beard! let me overlook your folly.  I recieve free online daily rhapsody from Diane martens on facebook.you can hook up with her and on daily bases recieve rhapsody sent to your box. She's one sweet lady that devoted her life to reach others.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Joagbaje(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2011
Nothing is free dude. Others sacrifice to make things free. Gideon bibles in hotels were not printed free.Partners bought them to make it free. Because it cost billions to print those things. Thesame goes for rhapsody. Those who have the vision of making it free purchase it and make it free. I distributes free 100 copies monthly. But I paid for them . The printing ink is not free. People sponsor to make it free. Why do you lime free things anyway. The Facebook version is official . It's a community . There are about 4 groups.

But really we can make every rhapsody free both in print and online. If concerned people like you will sponsor it. It's a welcome idea. Just like the Gideons sponsor the bible. That's why Christians have to be financially loaded to do big things. We distribute. Millions of copies free monthly. We look forward to the day every copy can be free.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by LoveKing(m): 9:52am On Feb 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

Nothing is free dude.

You guys stink for real. I'm even holier than thou angry
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Joagbaje(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2011
LoveKing:

You guys stink for real. I'm even holier than thou angry
You're welcome buddy,  you tried o , you even spoke in king James language. "thou" but remember , " thou shalt be born again"
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Zikkyy(m): 10:22am On Feb 16, 2011
But oga Jo, an e-version will not cost the church anything na sad or is there something i am not aware of
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Jeffahead: 3:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

Nothing is free dude. Others sacrifice to make things free. Gideon bibles in hotels were not printed free.Partners bought them to make it free. Because it cost billions to print those things. Thesame goes for rhapsody. Those who have the vision of making it free purchase it and make it free. I distributes free 100 copies monthly. But I paid for them . The printing ink is not free. People sponsor to make it free. Why do you lime free things anyway. The Facebook version is official . It's a community . There are about 4 groups.

But really we can make every rhapsody free both in print and online. If concerned people like you will sponsor it. It's a welcome idea. Just like the Gideons sponsor the bible. That's why Christians have to be financially loaded to do big things. We distribute. Millions of copies free monthly. We look forward to the day every copy can be free.

@Joagbaje - The printing of Rhapsody isn't free. Understood. But you mentioned that Partners are making it free. So why can't I get it for free online? You mentioned Gideons. Good. Gideons have partners who pay for the printing so that whenever I go to a good hotel I , a non-Gideon person can get it for FREE. I really don't think that if I partner with Rhapsody I would get it for FREE online because by partnering then I'm actually BUYING.

@Mabell - It's not that I can't afford to pay for a Rhapsody regularly, it is a simply a matter of the principle here. CEC seemed to be spending $$$$$$$ of partners money ensuring that they can sell individual Rhapsody online and on-phone (See my link earlier). If the mission is to reach the world with this word then they should spend those resources making it available to the world online for FREE.

To be honest, I started out comparing Rhapsody to Our Daily Bread which is free and very easy to obtain. I believe they even have an online version which is also free. Have a look at www.odb.org. CEC should follow this example to reach people instead of relying on a strict payment and partnering model. Think about it. In the world, knowledge is not free. But those who are not OF the world should make this knowledge FREE to EVERYONE. And it would cost much less to do this online because you don't have any printing costs to pay for.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Azibalua(f): 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2011
http://www.rhapsodyofrealities.org/en/read/read_ror.php?lang=english

You can read and become wiser,but while reading remember that someone paid for it
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Enigma(m): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
Perhaps the fewer people that are able to read or access the Rhapsody of erRoRs (as we call it here) the better anyway, since it contains much that is poisonous.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Azibalua(f): 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2011
Enigma:

Perhaps the fewer people that are able to read or access the Rhapsody of erRoRs (as we call it here) the better anyway, since it contains much that is poisonous.

As long as you understand the English language am sure you can read and digest the holy spirit inspired articles and am sure he does not make mistakes or errors
But in case you do not understand English pls feel free to read other translations as we have made this possible for people like you to have access to gods word while we pay for it.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Enigma(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^You can continue to pay for the poison in whatever language and any other similar foolishness (strictly, folly) that takes your fancy; the fact is that the Rhapsody of erRoRs in whatever language is full of poison dangerous to any person and especially to a Christian.

And by the way, you make me laugh with your reference to my competence in the English language . . .  what with the poor basic English comprehension and staggering intellectual and biblical ignorance that you and the rest of your crew display here everyday!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Jeffahead: 12:27am On Feb 17, 2011
Azibalua:

You can read and become wiser,but while reading remember that someone paid for it

Thank you Azibalua. This is what I am talking about. I can actually open up the page in my phone internet browser and read Rhapsody whenever I want.
Please help me thank the person paying for this.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Azibalua(f): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2011
Jeffahead:

Thank you Azibalua. This is what I am talking about. I can actually open up the page in my phone internet browser and read Rhapsody whenever I want.
Please help me thank the person paying for this.

You re welcome,
But then the giver is always blessed,and the lesser is blessed by the greater
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Azibalua(f): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2011
@ enigma
^^^You can continue to pay for the poison in whatever language and any other similar foolishness (strictly, folly) that takes your fancy; the fact is that the Rhapsody of erRoRs in whatever language is full of poison dangerous to any person and especially to a Christian.

The rhapsody of realities is full of great words that have left people loving Jesus more
You can take a clue from your friend [b]nuclearbott [/b]who was recently pleasantly surprised at inspiring words from the February edition
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Jeffahead: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2011
Azibalua:

Azibalua:

You re welcome,
But then the giver is always blessed,and the lesser is blessed by the greater

@Azibalua, na wa for you o. First of all you imply that I need to become wiser. Next you insinuate that I am somehow lesser.

Look, I don't know what brand of christianity you preach or practice, but wisdom does not necessarily come from reading Rhapsody, greatness does not come automatically from partnering and true christianity is not about being self-righteous or condescending.

If the price of getting access to ordinary free Rhapsody online is these kind of under-handed insults then please you can have it back.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by nuclearboy(m): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2011
@Azibalua:

As we keep saying, you people are misguided deluded brainless goons.

I see one message and say its the first time I see some sense and you move away to ask people to take a cue from that? Your brains have ceded victory to the wind and its what you sit on that thinks for you, Do YOU realise its one message out of thousands. So people should be happy that a pastor preached one reasonable message in a thousand? Fine - 0.1% for your pastor. Which means he's a total failure. Maybe that's because he has deep-fried his brains.

Eewu moronic talk
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by LoveKing(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2011
Jeffahead:

@Azibalua, na wa for you o. First of all you imply that I need to become wiser. Next you insinuate that I am somehow lesser.

Look, I don't know what brand of christianity you preach or practice, but wisdom does not necessarily come from reading Rhapsody, greatness does not come automatically from partnering and true christianity is not about being self-righteous or condescending.

If the price of getting access to ordinary free Rhapsody online is these kind of under-handed insults then please you can have it back.

Ouch! that hurts! embarassed
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by mabell: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
LoveKing:

Ouch! that hurts! embarassed

it wouldn't and shouldn't hurt coming from someone like him who never ever was interested in the rhapsody of realities
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2011
mabell:

it wouldn't and shouldn't hurt coming from someone like him who never ever was interested in the rhapsody of realities

the way you defend ror is spectacular.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Azibalua(f): 11:35pm On Feb 17, 2011
Jeffahead:

Get a grip
It's scriptural,
Give and enjoy the blessing rather than whine

Hebrews 7:7
7 And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater. 
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities by Azibalua(f): 11:45pm On Feb 17, 2011
nuclearboy:

@Azibalua:

As we keep saying, you people are misguided deluded brainless goons.

I see one message and say its the first time I see some sense and you move away to ask people to take a cue from that? Your brains have ceded victory to the wind and its what you sit on that thinks for you, Do YOU realise its one message out of thousands. So people should be happy that a pastor preached one reasonable message in a thousand? Fine - 0.1% for your pastor. Which means he's a total failure. Maybe that's because he has deep-fried his brains.

Eewu moronic talk

Noooooooooo
You said on some occasions not one message.
That's what you said
Why are you always contradicting yourself
You need to go back to kindergarten and learn the rudiments of elementary English
No,sorry I just remember you grew up in the village
Eewo no kindergarten
Chei

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mohammed Contradicts Himself, Says 3 Different Things On The Same Topic / The Fallacy Of "Free Will" / These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.