Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Kasanova Is A Nollywood Movie On Another Level - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kasanova Is A Nollywood Movie On Another Level (378 Views)

5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend / Review Of Namaste Wahala: A Nollywood - Bollywood Movie (Photos, Video) / Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kasanova Is A Nollywood Movie On Another Level by ewondertv(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
At first glance at the trailer of Kasanova, I was more like, can this be a Nollywood movie, or am I watching another African-American Hollywood made movie?.

The story behind Kasanova revolved around a certain widower who, after losing his wife to cancer, became very wayward and was always after women. Femi (Wale Ojo) played the role of a Kasanova, and his son Jason (Abayomi Alvin) was the star actor in the movie.

When we first met Femi, he was jogging with his son, Jason (Abayomi Alvin), a wannabe musician. While starring at Derriere, a fellow runner, he tripped and hurt himself. A couple of scenes later, he was in a bar with his friends, and he was busy talking about how women are very untrustworthy. Jessica (Ireti Doyle), who played the role of a renowned musician, was also at the bar and, she was having a bad day. She was close to the table where Femi and his friends where. When she’s had enough of their mortifying talk, She gave them a piece of her mind. Femi responded with the usual, “you are a lonely woman.” She fired back with “men like you, being single is perfect.”

Jessica is a single mother, and her daughter, “Ini” (Ruby Akubueze), attends the same school as Jason. The two don’t get along, but Jason was planning to get Ini to love him… So that he can later break her heart because Ini has an Ice Queen character that makes Jason angry.

Jason gets shortlisted to train with Jessica for a music concert, his father drove him to her house, not knowing Jessica was the same lady from the bar.
A confrontational exchange happened between Femi and Jessica because of what happened at the bar, with Jason and Ini watching their parent exchange words.

I didn’t enjoy Kasanova. It’s okay, you can shoot me. I mean, my reviews seem to be more positive than negative, but sorry, I can’t deal.
I get it, your favourite Nollywood actors were in Kasanova but hear me out, please.
The comedy part of this Romcom was the bomb, but the romance churned my belly. I just couldn’t flow with the whole vibe.

Story:
Kasanova was boring for me. I didn’t enjoy the story. The twist was expected, and the ending was lazy. Kasanova could have done better. A story like this is better narrated than seen in a cinema. Nothing spectacular or worth fussing over. End of story!

Acting
Everyone who was supposed to be funny in Kasanova was hell funny. The comedy was top notch. Helen Paul was 100%. I loved watching the short time that she popped up on the screen. It felt as though Ruby Akubueze was trying not to forget her lines, her acting was bland and boring. Toyin Abraham never disappoints, she was awesome. Maybe Ireti Doyle should never be on a piano in subsequent movies.

I am going to be rating Kasanova 7/10. More efforts were needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iid80O0-Mjc&feature=emb_logo

https://ewondertv.com/2020/07/at-first-glance-at-the-trailer-of-kasanova-i-was-more-like-can-this-be-a-nollywood-movie/

Re: Kasanova Is A Nollywood Movie On Another Level by segebase(m): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
nice movie
Re: Kasanova Is A Nollywood Movie On Another Level by jesse8048(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
Any download link?

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija Releases Rules For Bloggers And SM Influencers / Top 10 Africa Magic Lockdown Shows / Exclusive! African Movie Channel Original Production: Dice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.