Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Magu EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu EFCC (233 Views)

Ayo Olowonihi: My Travails In The Hands Of Magu - EFCC Director / DSS Arrests Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman / Magu Visits Lawal Daura In SARS Office After His Sack As DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Magu EFCC by NikkyIvy(f): 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
With the recent arrest and investigation of the Acting Chairman Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged corrupt practices I've been asking myself;

The media is agog with stories of Ibrahim Magu today who will be the next tomorrow?
Why did it take so long for these allegations to be discovered and made public?
Why now?
Are the allegations being made public probably because he offended someone/a godfather (stepped on toes)?
If that's the case, does it mean that if you are loyal to "some people" or have some high priority affiliations, then all your looting and sundry illegal activities will be overlooked until there is a fallout?
Is it not yet time for us to ACTUALLY fight corruption in our country instead of the selective judgement and media trials we have seen over and over again?

As much as I appreciate these recent discoveries of corruption, looting and several gates prior to now, I hate to get carried away with it all because in the end, it will be business as usual.

Sadly, no steps will be taken by our leaders to ensure accountability and curb corrupt practices by government officials in the future. Nothing will be done to ensure that our system becomes efficient, looting and looters free and finally functional. After all the revelations and headlines, it will eventually become a case of same story line, different actors. In this case; different accused persons.

Enough is enough. Nigerians and our leaders in particular must rise above CORRUPTION and corrupt practices. We need to say NO to hushpuppies in high places. We need to think about the ordinary Nigerians who are denied their basic everyday rights by a handful of bad eggs ruining our image, hoarding our national wealth and destroying our nation.

Indeed, we can do better.

nikkyivyblog..com

(1) (Reply)

COVID19: UK Economy Records Sharpest Decline In 300 Years, Boris Johnson rattled / First Female Combat Helicopter Tolupe Arotile Dies At 23 / Omolori Fights Back Over Retirement,insists On Continued Stay In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.