Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing (2299 Views)

Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Let Us Talk About The Timing Of Sex / High Rate Of Child Abuse, Should One Parent Stay Home With The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2011
jennykadry:

I have a nephew that learnt how to clean his hands after eating just by watching mummy, whenever mummy finish eating, she washes her hands and dries with a napkin or hand towel, unknowingly to her, her son would watch her and copy same, but this time using his shirt. He was always copying mummy until it became a part of him and that was how he learnt good hand hygiene

you didnt think through with your example

he copied but he didnt know why they did it, so he didnt learn, when you learn you know why you do it

thats the reason he used his shirt becoz he didnt learn he thought that anything can be used to wipe off

when you learn you know the reason why you do it and what is not supposed to be done during the process and also what is not supposed to be used

i hope you get my drift

a good example a male child can copy to open his zippers and pull his willy out to pee but he wouldnt have learn to pull up his willy and aim for the toilet seat, which is a crucial thing he will just spoil his trousers
Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2011
Zim your explanation is not making sense(no offense)

He copied mummy and that was how he learnt

I give up on you jare, Kids learn from copying, I have watched kids grow up, study kids growth and developmental stage even if you have to get a book for it, pls do, it will help answer your question.
Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:54pm On Feb 12, 2011
jennykadry:

Zim your explanation is not making sense(no offense)

He copied mummy and that was how he learnt

I give up on you jare, Kids learn from copying, I have watched kids grow up, study kids growth and developmental stage even if you have to get a book for it, pls do, it will help answer your question.

my explanation is very clear dear

on your example he didnt learn he just copied hence he used his shirt

well lets agree to disagree
Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2011
copying led to the learning
Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2011
jennykadry:

copying led to the learning

thats i know but we cant really say copying is learning hence you said LED TO
Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
Copying led to learning, that means before there can be learning there must be copying, a child cannot learn if he or she does not copy.

I work with kids, I have watched them grow, so sorry darling a child cannot learn if he or she does not copy, it is like giving a child a tooth brush, if that child hasn't seen someone use it before, he or she is just going to throw it away or play with it, or do something else with it, but if mummy has been giving that child a tooth brush and encouraged the child to do same as her, then that child will remember that mummy used that brush on her teeth.

Children learn how to walk by copying, children learn how to dance by copying, children learn how to clap their hands by copying

There is no difference btw copying and learning, without you showing them/telling them what to do, they are not Gods and can't decode it. They watch you do things everyday and copy you, and that's how they learn
Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by ubiaa5(f): 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
Jenny why y are you wasting your breath with this guy that obviously follows what he reads in books rather than learning from the reality of what goes on from day to day,he has an 8 yr old so that makes him an authority,can he sincerely say how much time he spends with that child on a daily basis?
Re: Child Bearing and Timing of Child Bearing by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
ubiaa5:

Jenny why y are you wasting your breath with this guy that obviously follows what he reads in books rather than learning from the reality of what goes on from day to day,he has an 8 yr old so that makes him an authority,can he sincerely say how much time he spends with that child on a daily basis?
jennykadry:

Copying led to learning, that means before there can be learning there must be copying, a child cannot learn if he or she does not copy.

I work with kids, I have watched them grow, so sorry darling a child cannot learn if he or she does not copy, it is like giving a child a tooth brush, if that child hasn't seen someone use it before, he or she is just going to throw it away or play with it, or do something else with it, but if mummy has been giving that child a tooth brush and encouraged the child to do same as her, then that child will remember that mummy used that brush on her teeth.

Children learn how to walk by copying, children learn how to dance by copying, children learn how to clap their hands by copying

There is no difference btw copying and learning, without you showing them/telling them what to do, they are not Gods and can't decode it. They watch you do things everyday and copy you, and that's how they learn

ok lets agree to disagree we got different views and ways to teach

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt / Need-your-vote-for-this-cute-baby-pix-competition / I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.