Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) (34757 Views)

460 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 8 - (2302 Tested) / 503 New COVID-19 Cases, 280 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 7 - (14,435 Tested) / 241 New COVID-19 Cases, 117 Discharged And 15 Deaths On June 2 - (3916 Tested) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Bitnet(m): 5:06am On Jul 12, 2020
the liquid matter | penzazo tv | comedy | funny video
see what apostle mark get after turning on is wife and refuse to do. Na the matter we still dey settle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBGQVWVASzc

2 Likes

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Chirowman(m): 5:08am On Jul 12, 2020
Wahala
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Vicvalentine: 5:27am On Jul 12, 2020
Globad:

Really?

You should stop trying to analyse what you don't understand

undecided
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Okwuazi930(m): 5:29am On Jul 12, 2020
May God help us in this country
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by akingbatope: 5:42am On Jul 12, 2020
GboyegaD:
The number keeps increasing. At this point, everyone just needs be more conscious and do the best to avoid contacting the virus.
kogi his not among because d governor the not accept it,ncdc ole
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by jayworld15(m): 5:51am On Jul 12, 2020
uboma:
We are yet to get to the peak.

We need to carry out more testing.

Some persons still do not believe that covid-19 is real...

Whenever I see something like “we are yet to reach its peak” I wonder if those saying it really know the meaning of it. What is the peak in coronavirus? When are we getting to the peak? How do we get to the peak? Is it when all citizens are coronavirus positive that we can say we have gotten to the peak?

When Americans or Europeans said “peak” a couple of months past, I knew Nigerians that do not even know anything would follow them to shout peak, peak, peak. Please, answer the above questions

4 Likes

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Richie6(m): 6:04am On Jul 12, 2020
jayworld15:

Whenever I see something like “we are yet to reach its peak” I wonder if those saying it really know the meaning of it. What is the peak in coronavirus? When are we getting to the peak? How do we get to the peak? Is it when all citizens are coronavirus positive that we can say we have gotten to the peak?

When Americans or Europeans said “peak” a couple of months past, I knew Nigerians that do not even know anything would follow them to shout peak, peak, peak. Please, answer the above questions

What do you expect? Is it not copy copy we like doing?
When are we going to flatten the curve?

Where are the medical personnel in the house?
Over to you ooo.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Gbest90(m): 6:17am On Jul 12, 2020
jayworld15:

English language is your problem.

Peak means the point where it starts declining.

As at now the virus is still on the rise.

O Nigerians..... and to think this one might be a graduate**laughs**
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by AKzee(m): 6:22am On Jul 12, 2020
TransflectTP:
So 724 Nigerians have gone just like that?
Even before coronavirus about 800+ people used to die daily. Only that Nigeria is poor in data analysis.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Youngzedd(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2020
2gbasky22:
Just forget about this Year 2020.... Start planning with 2021.

Very Soon its going to be Christmas and New Year Celebration ...okpari

Year 2020 has HUSHPUPPI'ED us

Mind you,
We have still not test 1% of our population

The ugly truth is, 2021 won't be COVID-19 FREE.

I just hope it won't be worst.

1 Like

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by ayenale1(m): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2020
Okay Donald Trump has use face mask bubu will appear with face mask very soon, we copy America a lot.

1 Like

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by onyxo76(m): 7:14am On Jul 12, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:
confirmedzombie never show today as usual. maka why?
abi o, u sef notice am? he dey stock him room for total lockdown and never ger time to come online

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by jayworld15(m): 7:21am On Jul 12, 2020
Gbest90:

English language is your problem.

Peak means the point where it starts declining.

As at now the virus is still on the rise.

O Nigerians..... and to think this one might be a graduate**laughs**

You lack linguistic comprehension my friend
Peak means zenith, acme, highest point, the grandest gradient of an event before a causal slope falls gradually. In literature, especially drama, it is the most intense part of the whole scenery of the play otherwise called CLIMAX. If you said a play has its PEAK or CLIMAX here what follows it is called DESCENDING ACTION before DENOUEMENT or RESOLUTION (Fregtag Pyramid). One can deduce when it happens because of the intensity it creates. Back to coronavirus thing. You said Climax of it, I asked when is the peak?

If we record 1,000,000 cases in a day and you said we’ve reached the PEAK and a day in the succeeding month we record perhaps, 2,000,000 cases in a day, my dear friend, your PEAK assertion has failed. In slope, maybe in Physics, when you have curves moving here and there, the highest gradient I think is called highest or zenith. That is where your PEAK is but immediately you have another that is higher than that line, you can’t call it PEAK again but your new line.

English may not be your problem but comprehending it is your greatest problem.
You haven’t answered my questions. I am still waiting for your answers to my questions.

2 Likes

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Femidfo: 7:27am On Jul 12, 2020
all of a sudden,Kano situation just came down...no even report today...not even hearing any death
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by martineverest(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2020
GboyegaD:
The number keeps increasing. At this point, everyone just needs be more conscious and do the best to avoid contacting the virus.
we are just lucky....south Africa recorded 13,000 new cases yesterday
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by martineverest(m): 7:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Femidfo:
all of a sudden,Kano situation just came down...no even report today...not even hearing any death
the weather is the reason....the rain in South fuels the viral spread

1 Like

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:01am On Jul 12, 2020
Yes, Exactly, its no Joke, We Should ensure the transmission is halted, given that even Survivors may suffer some organ damage and can be reinfected.

Observations have shown, recovered patients can be reinfected, and there is a risk of organ damage in the first infection.

It seems number of people infected is low, due to low testing, perhaps more natural food, and a younger generation.

GboyegaD:
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:03am On Jul 12, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Yes, Exactly, its no Joke, We Should ensure the transmission is halted, given that even Survivors may suffer some organ damage and can be reinfected.

Observations have shown, recovered patients can be reinfected, and there is a risk of organ damage in the first infection, so if reinfected it would be highly fatal or lead to death even for a strong individual.

It seems the number of people infected is low, due to low testing, perhaps more natural food, and a younger generation.

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by otokx(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2020
Rivers and Delta.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by mjabdulk: 8:12am On Jul 12, 2020
May The Almighty Creator cease the spreading of corona, rescue/ protect/prevent us from it and grant those affected quick recovery.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by ceejayluv(m): 8:13am On Jul 12, 2020
Four of my colleagues at My workplace opened up to me that they had typical covid symptoms last month, including myself. All confirmed loss of smell, taste, nausea, etc. None of us did any test.
NCDC stats is like fetching a bucket of water from a river--- Insignificant compared to the real numbers.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by ceejayluv(m): 8:16am On Jul 12, 2020
AKzee:

Even before coronavirus about 800+ people used to die daily. Only that Nigeria is poor in data analysis.
Yeah, data gathering is poor. In My conservative estimate, for every death recorded, four other covid deaths were not detected.

1 Like

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by WHOcarex: 8:21am On Jul 12, 2020
I went out yesterday with my nose mask on as usual. I was literally the only one wearing nose mask and people were looking at me like I was one crazy element. The about 3 people I saw with nose mask was some drivers who wore it under their chin. Aside one elderly man I saw on an Okada. Even each time I go to the market, I'm always the only one wearing nose mask. The other day I wore my transparent face shield to the market and people were starring at me like an alien that just fell from the sky.

The problem is, Nigerians don't have the tendency to dwell in a particular situation for long. They go with the trend, get bored quickly then move to the next. To them, Covid 19 is outdated
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 12, 2020
ceejayluv:
Four of my colleagues at My workplace opened up to me that they had typical covid symptoms last month, including myself. All confirmed loss of smell, taste, nausea, etc. None of us did any test.
NCDC stats is like fetching a bucket of water from a river--- Insignificant compared to the real numbers.
You think symptoms of coronavirus is loss of taste and smell?Is that what WHO told you or ncdc?Do you have shortness of breath, constant sneezing and cough?You won't be here commenting because those are the real coronavirus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by uboma(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2020
jayworld15:

Your comments reveals your level of ignorance. Lemme oblige you a bit though.

The number of cases being reported daily by NCDC do not reflect the reality on ground. There are more cases which goes on reported. The government should approve more testing centres and equip them as well. NCDC are overwhelmed and do not have the resources (material and human) to increase the number of tests carried out daily.

Compare our population figures and the number of testings carried out so far, you will understand that we are still a far away from reaching the peak.

If you still do not get these as I see that you are already biased going by your initial comments, then I will not engage with you after this.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
miketayo:

my uncle and 2 colleagues are in isolation centers. Lagos has more than 20 million ppl, are u expected to know all of them.
Them dey enjoy for there.Free food.How them take go there?I hear say na connection person dey take go isolation centres because of the enjoyment wey dey there.Ncdc contact is not reachable.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by Femeto: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
Lockdown reloaded coming soon.
Re: 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) by jayworld15(m): 8:49am On Jul 12, 2020
uboma:

Your comments reveals your level of ignorance. Lemme oblige you a bit though.

The number of cases being reported daily by NCDC do not reflect the reality on ground. There are more cases which goes on reported. The government should approve more testing centres and equip them as well. NCDC are overwhelmed and do not have the resources (material and human) to increase the number of tests carried out daily.

Compare our population figures and the number of testings carried out so far, you will understand that we are still a far away from reaching the peak.

If you still do not get these as I see that you are already biased going by your initial comments, then I will not engage with you after this.

Your comment does not move in the direction of the questions poised but it digressed to “evaluating efficiency in testing and effective result in coronavirus pandemic”. Testing gives you result. Yes! Quite right. I agree. But the reason you can’t say specifically when we’ll have the popularized PEAK is because you find it rhetorical in nature. Oh yes! You can’t answer neither can another person answer it.
You won’t see any peak until you’re free from it or certain that the descending action won’t go beyond the precedent action, otherwise, you’ll have no PEAK. In Nigeria’s case, there won’t be any PEAK until they (the gainers of coronavirus) have “cashed out” a whole lot of money that would make them insusceptible to poverty. Coronavirus is hijacked and politicized. Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt / 454 New COVID-19 Cases, 268 Discharged And 12 Deaths On July 3 -(3355 Tested) / 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.