Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God (13549 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Ravi Zacharias Death Is Untrue - Spiritual Leader Is Still Alive / The Word Of God Is Powerful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
engrchykae:
shadow have always followed the light,it seems not to be going away

Respectfully No!

Shadows Follow An Object Put in the Light.

Shadows Cannot Follow the Light itself, They Always Flee From The Light!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Like I said, it did not work!

Lmaooooo
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xavfra:

Lmaooooo

grin
That Plan did not Work, But, He's Made a Fresh Plan, Which is Working Even Today.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by shaneroberts26: 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Farki: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
1 Samuel 13:13-14
Samuel said to Saul, “You have acted foolishly; you have not kept the commandment of the Lord your God, which He commanded you, for now the Lord would have established your kingdom over Israel forever. But now your kingdom shall not endure. The Lord has sought out for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has appointed him as ruler over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.”
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Enculer: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
Let me guess.

A Yoruba man wrote this.

Always looking for ways to protect their slave masters
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by ennecco: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
Jesus Have Mercy .in thé Book of romans Saïd all authority come's from GOD. Whether good or Bad. No insult pray for your leader.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Enculer: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
Black man amd black brain. No logic amd low IQ.

A black man is using a foreign religion to justify why he has to be a slave to his rulers and also why he must not demand accountability.

The reason wby no one takes black serious.

Mental slaves.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Enculer: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
ennecco:
Jesus Have Mercy .in thé Book of romans Saïd all authority come's from GOD. Whether good or Bad. No insult pray for your leader.

What an idiot
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by maestroferddi: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
The greatest disservice to Christianity is misinterpreting the Bible out of context.

Why did Jesus make it an obligation to rebuke and reproove the Pharisees and other bad religious leaders?
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2020
GodsMopol:

Preach the Gospel, more grace man of God. It has been long I meet someone who is called into ministry on Nairaland. It's nice meeting you sir, more grace in ministry sir

I am Deeply Honoured by You! It is Much Respected and I Pray to Lord Most High, That I Never Disappoint Him, While Praying that the Eyes, Ears, Noses, and Feelings of My Brothers in Nigeria May Be Open To See and Understand the Great Goodness of the Lord, which He Has Poured on Us Already, But it is Only for Those Who See It, Perceive It and Take it, That can Have It!

Blessings to You Too Sir, For Hearing These Things I Say, For They Are in Deed True, Myself Doing Them Also!

1 Like

Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
You people have started again, is ii not written that if you Doeth well praise lieth at the door? But when a honorable man falls, great shame and cursing followeth after him?"

You are right... Curse will follow, but those who will curse the leader will partake in the lake of fire.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
jmoore:
Criticizing is not insult!!

Correcting is not insult!!

If a leader rapes someone and you call him a rapist, it is not an insult!!

Even young Christian Paul rebuked — to correct — one of the closest apostles to Jesus, Peter. You can rebuke, but insulting is Against the Word of God.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
Wantedmiller:
But we can question them?

You can even correct them. Correcting them is biblical.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
Bossontop:
undecided
Thank God we've never had an "IDEAL LEADER" in naija........so we are not doing anything un-Godly.........abi my pipu??

The Ananias in the post was a violent man, yet Paul corrected himself after insulting him so that he would not go against God
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by LKTJ123(m): 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
Drsnives:
I dey vexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Naa?
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

People who do not well should not be there in the first place. And if they confirm our feeling, then they must be cursed out, if they do not wisely bow out with the last drop of dignity remaining in them

Do you think they got there by your power? God put them whether they know it or not.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Mosco100(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
To insult anybody at all is against the word of God.
Titus 3: 2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

1 Like

Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
kayuseful:
The Bible passages quoted seem incoherent (sorry I mean no harm) .

The first quote obviously refer to the religious leader, and more specifically the prophets. Knowing the christocentricity of Bible theology, the leader is ultimately Christ. You don't have to agree, but I think it's referring to blasphemy, not some casual expression of disapproval of a king.

Because if we go by your explanation, then John the baptist insulted Herod; Elijah insulted Ahab; the prophets who voiced their concerns with the bad kings "insulted" the king.

IPeter refers to speaking evil of people in revenge, not kings/rulers. If you read patiently, you'll see it's about how Christians in persecution need to bless and not curse their persecutors

Do you know Abraham lied, God defended him; Moses married from the wrong place, and God defended him. But when Ananias and Saphira lied, Holy Spirit killed them instantly.

The question is... Are you as close to God as John the Baptist, Elijah and Abraham was? If you are not and you are going against the word of God, you are playing with Hell fire.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
kayuseful:
The Bible passages quoted seem incoherent (sorry I mean no harm) .

The first quote obviously refer to the religious leader, and more specifically the prophets. Knowing the christocentricity of Bible theology, the leader is ultimately Christ. You don't have to agree, but I think it's referring to blasphemy, not some casual expression of disapproval of a king.

Because if we go by your explanation, then John the baptist insulted Herod; Elijah insulted Ahab; the prophets who voiced their concerns with the bad kings "insulted" the king.

IPeter refers to speaking evil of people in revenge, not kings/rulers. If you read patiently, you'll see it's about how Christians in persecution need to bless and not curse their persecutors
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
solonubinho:
Oga that instruction was directed at the Israelites by God through Moses. Are you an Israelite?? You people will be interpreteing what they did not ask you to interprete.

Your point made Paul had serious issue with the other Jewish disciples. They finally resolved this issue after they agreed to let gentile Christians, we, to obey the moral laws of Moses and not the ceremonial laws.

If you think it is meant for Israelites alone, it means HEAVEN is built for them alone.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by engrchykae(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Respectfully No!

Shadows Follow An Object Put in the Light.

Shadows Cannot Follow the Light itself, They Always Flee From The Light!
the light of God shines on the object (man) and darkness is always around, waiting to take advantage
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by olayiwola4u(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
Rayikhaz:
The Bible verse you quoted was specific. There is a huge difference between insult and curse. Some people tend to misinterpret the Bible to justify what suits them. The Bible said CURSE while your topic says INSULT. They're two different things entirely.
Any leader that doesn't treat his people well deserve to be insulted. Curse is a solemn utterance intended to invoke a supernatural power to inflict harm or punishment on someone or something. People Insult these days and not curse. Please do not misquote

Brother, read it again...it says curse not and revile not — the revile means to insult.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Drsnives(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
LKTJ123:

Why Naa?

Yawa won gas
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by LongLife4all: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2020
Abegii. Not Nigerian kind of leaders. They deserve all kinds of insults in this world.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Thou shall stone the wicked.. and we will obey that order
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
Enculer:

What an idiot
he is a big time idiot or l should say he is a fool of the foolishness..they told you when you get to heaven all will be more than enough but yet they stole your future let him wait and die if his children won’t him dad why are we poor
Ode...
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Lovelyn451(f): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
Insulting anybody is against Gods word...ngwa bye!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by IJOBA2: 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
GodsMopol:

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

I still don't get your point and what you are insinuating
EVEN CHRIST TOLD HIS FOLLOWERS TO FOLLOW THE LAW THAT WAS GIVEN TO MOSES
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by kayuseful: 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
olayiwola4u:

Do you know Abraham lied, God defended him; Moses married from the wrong place, and God defended him. But when Ananias and Saphira lied, Holy Spirit killed them instantly.

The question is... Are you as close to God as John the Baptist, Elijah and Abraham was? If you are not and you are going against the word of God, you are playing with Hell fire.

Any man who is born again is already closer to God than them. As close as your heart is to you is how God is. God indwells the believer.
So I guess case closed
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by kayuseful: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

If u read the Bible objectively without any emotion, u would be surprised how crappy the Bible really is.

Full of many contradictions n wrong information.

Lest I assume I'm talking to the wrong audience, may I ask,
Are you a Christian sir/ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Science Behind Grace / Luck - [mentalists Only] / Home For All Spiritualist: Here We Tell U What 2 Do And Hw 2 Do It. / 666: Reasons Why You Will Take The Mark Of The Beast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.