Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,737 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Nigerian Food With Poor Public Relation (PR) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Food With Poor Public Relation (PR) (286 Views)

Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) / Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Food With Poor Public Relation (PR) by SMNaija: 10:20am On Jul 12, 2020
Nigerian food with indoor excitement but outdoor embarrassment

Nigeria is a huge country with diverse groups of people with over 500 tribes. Little wonder there are so many delicacies unique to them. Nigerian food is so amazing as it gives a distinct flavour that cannot be found anywhere in the world.

With many numbers of food we have in Nigeria, some that are not advisable to serve in a formal meeting, public gathering, or at an office. Not that this food is not nutritious or not fit as a fiddle but they're not well presentable in the public due to people's perception.

The food that belongs to these category suffers poor PR, they have been dented by Nigerians for Nigerians.

OgbonoSoup
Ogbono is a versatile and delicious meal that can be prepared in different ways, whether fried, marinated or pickled. In Nigeria, ogbono soup is one of the most common in the local cuisine.

It is one of the few dishes that is managed by diverse ethnic groups in the country. Ogbono soup is called "draw soup." For one thing, people don't order this dish in a sophisticated cafeteria because of the feeling they get from the people around them.

Adalu
Adalu is a combination of beans and corn, cooked together with flavourful seasoning and spices. it's enriched with much protein and fat. Most Nigerians eat lots of this delicious meal when growing up, so they have a deep love for it.

From several personal notions, it's not ideal to serve these types of food in a formal gathering. So they say!

Groundnut & Garri
Nothing is as good as taking Garri and Groundnut with chilled water in the afternoon. In fact, this is one of the Nigerians' underrated meals. Many believe that this food is for the less privileged and vulnerable people, some do a more sophisticated combo by adding milk, honey and other ingredients that make nutritious.

The combination gives a kind of fulfilment, drives through your chest and leaves you with the feeling that you are true Nigerian. Would you agree to be served garri and groundnut in a public place? Your smile and reply says just why the meal has a poor PR.

Read more: https://smnaija.ng/10-nigerian-food-with-poor-public-relation/
Re: Nigerian Food With Poor Public Relation (PR) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
Lol.. Op you made me laugh with this post.

There is nothing I can't order in a caferteria unless I dont feel like it. And it not absolutely true that people dont like to relate with such foods but most restaurants don't do them. Though, some, for forming sake dont encourage these cafeteria to do such and in their closet they gulp down garri and sugar like their life depends on it.

As for the corn and beans meal, mehnnn iv been craving that delicacy for ages since mum left off cooking. If I get the opportunity to buy it, I will without looking at any body's face. I love it like wao!

As for the ogbono soup, I'll say maybe why most peopke shy away from it in public places is because of the viscous nature that can't be totally managed without dropping on ones cloth. So I understand that aspect. But I would still eat it out. It just a matter of securing your outfit with a piece of table cloth and you're good to go.

What of corn moimoi? You forgot to mention that. Another scarce meals these days. I made it last month and it was so delicious and filling than bean moimoi.

Nice piece though.
Re: Nigerian Food With Poor Public Relation (PR) by Nedlog01(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.

It's for those in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

6 At-home Exercises ​to ​lose Belly Fat (crazy Fast) / A Pregnant Woman / Promo Bundles: Ileya 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.