Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Get Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Get Up (107 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Up by toyinaremu(f): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
Life has knocked down many on the floor so much that they choose to accept a life of defeat. Many have believed that they can no longer be great or lead better lives because of their present situation.

And fate, as some would call it, has made some to conclude that their present situation is what God has destined them to be.

Many have been defeated by lust, pride, sexual immorality, and the pursuit of vanity and they have concluded that there is no hope to rise again.

Can destiny be changed? They inquire and accept whatever life throws at them as their destiny.

But I bring you good news.

What is that thing that has got your back to the ground?

Could it be your family background, negative marital experience, marital delay, or the unfavorable circumstances of life?

Get up!

I don't know what has discouraged you from rising, but I bring you a word of hope: you can rise again. These things would, however, fire you up to rise.

1. To rise, you need to know and believe what God has said concerning you. The thought He has for you is the thought of good and not of evil, but to give you an expected end (Jer. 12:11).

It is not God's will for you to live in depression, hopelessness, despair, or confusion. He wants a better life for you.

But if you do not know what His word says, you will accept whatever men say and what you think in your thought.

2. See the bright side of life.

Being negative or pessimistic would make you relapse in defeat. No one rises in life by embracing negative thoughts. You can't make it when you admit you can't.

Believe you can, and you will be empowered to rise.

3. Encourage yourself in the Lord

David, a man after God's heart and a mighty man of valor returned from battle a day but to discover that his family and those with him had been kidnapped.

He wept. It may not be bad for you to cry, but he did one thing.

He encouraged himself in the Lord.

To be encouraged, be grateful for life, give thanks, and seek His face on what to do to get up. After he prayed, he found the strength to rise and pursued his enemies until he recovered all that was stolen (1 Sam. 30).

4. Don't look up to men

When the writer of Psalms 121 needed help, he said, "I will lift up my eyes to the hills from where comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, which made heaven and earth (vs. 1-2).

Would this be your testimony?

When you look up to men to rise, you will end up disappointed. But those who look up to God for help are never disappointed.

If you put your trust in men for help, they will thrust you down, but when you put your trust in God, He will never suffer your foot to be moved.

5. Never accept defeat

No man wins a battle by conceding to defeat. Every winner, in spite of their defeat, chose to fight until they win.

Have you tried to rise, yet you fall? Have you tried to succeed in life but your efforts were greeted with failure?

Abraham Lincoln did not embrace his defeat. He never gave up until he became the president of the United States of America, regardless of his failures.

It is not a failure that hinders a man from success. A man becomes a failure when he chose to embrace defeat - failure.

Do you know it doesn't matter how old you are now? What really matters is your heart and your actions.

If life knocks you down, get up. Winners don't quit trying, but losers quit.

Who says you can't get up and succeed in life? Who had looked down on you and concluded it is over for you? What are those negative words that have been hurled at you, and have now become a stronghold in your mind?

Get up!

Know what God says concerning your life in His word. Believe it. Be optimistic. Encourage yourself in God. Never concede to defeat. Look up to God and don't put your confidence in men.

Remember, He counts on you to deliver many and fulfill destiny, where are you?

Get up and walk!

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me" (Micah 7:8 KJV)

For more articles, visit www.kingdomelectyouth.com

(1) (Reply)

Interpretation Of The Dream Of Seeing A Poor Chair / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:friday , July 17, 2020 / A Word To The Thin-skinned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.