Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze (641 Views)

Obi Cubana Pays Homage To Arthur Eze In Ukpo Anambra: Video / Arthur Eze Dancing Video By Dele Momodu. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by efighter: 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
ANAMBRA State-born oil magnet and billionaire, Prince Arthur Eze, narrated Sunday how he used to open doors for politicians who visited his father’s house when he was young.

Addressing reporters at Ukpo, his home town in Dunukofia local government area of Anambra State, Eze also recalled how some northern governors during the second republic gave him multimillion naira contracts that changed his live. He said: “My father was a member Eastern Nigeria House of Chiefs during the time of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Premier Michael Okpara.

I used to open doors for politicians whenever they came around. I was very small then. “My father never opposed any leader, be he a Yoruba or Hausa. It is not in our blood. We preferred to live in peace with everybody.” According to him, for the Igbo man to be president, they (Igbo) must love themselves, regretting that what is happening among the Igbo does not show that they love each other.

He observed that the money accruing to the local governments were being diverted by the governors, especially the South East governors and wondered how the rural populace could feel the impact of government. He added: “My local government, Dunukofia, makes about N150 million every month. Has Governor Obiano built anything in Dunukofia? Has he brought any industry in Anambra?

“Tell me. your children, where are they going to go tomorrow? Go to Yoruba land, you will see industries. Go to Rivers State, you’ll see industries.” He also spoke on the 2023 president, saying that only the grace of God could make Igbo man president. “We shall pray to God to find an Igbo man who has character to help people, like the Northern people who are kind.

I would prefer someone who has conscience; somebody who will remember you. I don’t care where you come from. “I went to the north; they didn’t know who I was. Former Governor Abubakar Rimi gave me $12 million to build Kano TV in 1980. I didn’t have N1 then.

‘He also called Governor Solomon Lar and he gave me $12 million contract for Plateau TV$12 million. It was the same thing in Katsina, Borno and Kaduna. Then, they put me in oil business. They didn’t care where I came from. Tell me any Igbo man who can do that.

“During the time of Jonathan, we had the Secretary to the Government of the Federation [SGF]. What did he do for Igbo people? He brought Julius Berger and they tarred his own road; the one leading to his house. All our roads were bad. “ It is President Buhari that is tarring our roads now. Look at Enugu – Onitsha Road, Enugu – Port Harcourt Road, Second Niger Bridge. He modernized Zik’s grave. Did Jonathan do that?

Jonathan’s people even wrote petition against him. His people said that he took their land and built a house. They copied me the petition and I showed it to him. I said look at it, they are your people. You could not even help your people. What do you want the north to do?”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/i-used-to-open-doors-for-politicians-in-my-fathers-house-says-arthur-eze/

1 Like

Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by IamWonderful: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
You mean Nwodo of Ohaneze should love Kanu mumundi of Biafra
Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by Sonoyom(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
hahahaha
Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by LongLife4all: 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
Life at every level is a lesson. It could be positive or negative.
Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by solmus: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
cool

Same thing Pat Utomi said

Ipobian miscreants would still find a way to hate this smart billion for saying the truth and repeating what Isa Funtua said

More Elders like this need to speak up more to counter the misleading claims of young people like Nnamdi Kanu

1 Like

Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by fernandoc(m): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
To be painfully honest this man is saying the truth. Notwithstanding that I will defend my Igbo heritage anytime anywhere he just pointed out an area where we(Igbos) are not doing well.

P.S : I need 3 million naira for a business with high probability ROI. PM me if you’re interested.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by yanabasee1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
He had shoes ......His own is better.....

This rich people and politicians should stop this lies......We get it, we started somewhere, doesn't mean we should tell people lies.....
Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by efighter: 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
yanabasee1:
He had shoes ......His own is better.....

This rich people and politicians should stop this lies......We get it, we started somewhere, doesn't mean we should tell people lies.....

All the rich men in Nigeria live on Nigeria's money. He said his father was a member Eastern Nigeria House of Chiefs in the First Republic. So, his father was one of those First Republic looters including Nnamdi Azikiwe, Awolowo, Ladoke Akintola, Remi Fani Kayode, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa and others. Just because his father was a politician, Abubakar Rimi, Solomon Lar and other old thieves were just giving him contracts that he did not even have the means to execute at that time. Useless thieves fro generation to generation.

Ask anyone what Femi Fani Kayode does for a living. Nobody knows, off course he does nothing for a living. He is just spending his father's loot just like Abacha's children, IBB's children, Emeka Offor, Lulu Briggs, Edwin Clarke and other generational looters.
Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by EwuGambia: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2020
The reason why all this Nigerian billionaires motivational stories are bullcrap....
Laslas its connection and asslicking....

Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by Freestainworld(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
that is how he became a political thief

1 Like

Re: I Used To Open Doors For Politicians In My Father’s House-Billionaire Arthur Eze by StreetFight: 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
So all rich Nigerians are actually rich by eating government money.

(1) (Reply)

How to Make 10~15$ A Day Legitimately Online / I Need Help To Fund My Payoneer / How To Make 10-20K Daily Selling Physical Products Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.