Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,860 members, 7,956,241 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

It Is Not Possible For An Igbo Man To Win Presidential Election In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Not Possible For An Igbo Man To Win Presidential Election In Nigeria (291 Views)

Salihu Lukman: Jonathan Is Not An APC Member, It Is Not Possible / 2023: Atiku’s Associates Write PDP, Say Only Ex-VP Can Win Presidential Election / I Will Win Presidential Race In 2023 – Rochas Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not Possible For An Igbo Man To Win Presidential Election In Nigeria by Adefemi404: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
Is it possible for an Igbo man to become the president of Nigeria?

The First and Last Igbo Man who ruled Nigeria was Nnamdi Azikiwe. Ever since then no Igbo man has ever won an election in Nigeria.

One will begin to wonder what is wrong with Igbo people?

Here are the possible reasons why an Igbo man will never become the president of Nigeria.

When we talk about Igbo people we mean states in the south east.

There are five states in the south east. Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu.

1. voting apathy

A typical Igbo Man is time conscious and money minded. An igbo man will find it very difficult to go and cue on a long cue for days under sun just to get a voters card or register for voting. His question will be, what I am going to benefit from the government after wasting my time and voting.? Majority of those who come out during voting are party members or they are related to some contesting in the election or they know something they would benefit by voting. Whereas in the north, even children, disabled and old people all have their PVC.

2. The Igbos care for credibility rather than tribalism.

even though you are an Igbo man's brother, he will assess your quality to deliver. He can't just vote because you are his brother. He would rather vote for an Hausa man he thinks will perform. But in the north, it doesn't matter, once you are from their and belong to their religion, automatically you have their votes even though you have not manifesto.

3. Igbos don't have the numbers to win national elections.

truth remains that the Igbos alone cannot win an election without the support of Yoruba and Niger Delta. Even with the support of Yoruba and Niger Delta, it will be tough for the 3 to win the full North.

Even if the Igbos have the numbers, they don't come out to vote.

During the last election, only votes from Kano covered all the votes in South east.

4. Nigeria is partially shared

Look at the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria. You will find out the partiality in it. Whosoever that shared it must have ulterior motives.

Politics is a game of numbers.

6. They care about money rather than power.

During Jonathan's and Buhari election, I found out that PDP was getting less than 100 votes in each of the northern states. But in the south east, APC was even winning in some states. E.g Imo State. In places APC didn't win, they would score thousands of votes. I don't know how that happened but I think it's vote buying. Any Igbo man is willing to sell his birthright for money. But not all of them.

6. The Yorubas Will prefer an Hausa to be president rather than Igbo man.....

Read more
https://real-global-info..com/2020/07/its-not-possible-for-igbo-man-to-win.html

Re: It Is Not Possible For An Igbo Man To Win Presidential Election In Nigeria by Xpol: 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
who do all like this in this country. why are we more concerned about tribe than who will do it better. Tribalism has eaten deep in some people flesh shiorr. anyway Xpol is here again
Re: It Is Not Possible For An Igbo Man To Win Presidential Election In Nigeria by nkwuocha1: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
Igbo president is a complete waste of time.Infact, it is going to be same old story of marginalisation.

Nigeria is a cesspit that needs to be dismantled.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Army General Buratai Yet Again Expòsèď By Anòther As Wife Of Lance Corporal Mart / Governor Wike Says Rivers Is Fully Out To Fight For Joy Ninueh / BREAKING : NDDC Acting MD Faints During Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.