Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities (13760 Views)

APC Expels Omo-agege, Asks Police, DSS To Arrest Him / APC Expels Kwara State Executive; Reschedules Ogun, Abia Primaries / APC Expels Pally Iriase, House Of Rep. Deputy Chief Whip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by NadiaR(m): 1:22am On Jul 13, 2020

The All Progressives Congress in the Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State has reportedly expelled the lawmaker from the area, Mr Success Torukerijoh.

Torukerijoh is a member of the state House of Assembly and one of the nine lawmakers opposed to the impeachment of the state deputy governor, Mr Agboola Ajayi.

The development was confirmed by the state Commissioner for Information, Mr Donald Ojogo, who is also a chieftain of the party in the local government.

When contacted on the matter, Ojogo simply said the information is “correct.”

Torukerijoh was said to have been expelled for being involved in anti-party activities and the action was taken during the meeting of the leaders of the party held at Igbekebo, the headquarters of the local government, on Sunday.

According to a source, the motion for the expulsion of the embattled lawmaker was moved and duly seconded at the meeting.

Efforts to reach the lawmaker on the telephone were unsuccessfully as his telephone line indicated that it was switched off as of the time of filing this report.

Aside the lawmaker’s expulsion, the APC leaders at the meeting also insisted that the deputy governor must resign his position since he had dumped the party.

Meanwhile, Torhukerhijoh has described his expulsion from the APC in his local government as illegal and embarrassing.

He said the news of his expulsion showed clearly that the leadership of the party had run out of any iota of decency.

The lawmaker stated, “My refusal to sign the impeachment process of the Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi, represents the popular wishes of the greatest number of my constituents.

Diri canvasses improved primary healthcare
“This harassment and intimidation by the Speaker, David Oloyeogun, to force me to sign against my conscience and conviction shows the desperation and agony of a ‘Fortunate Fool’.

“I’m not oblivious of the backing of Mr Governor in all of these clandestine moves to conscript my humble self to sign at all cost and by all means. Let me reiterate my commitment to holding on to this noble cause. I remain focused.”
https://punchng.com/ondo-apc-expels-anti-impeachment-lawmaker-for-anti-party-activities/

3 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by GboyegaD(m): 1:26am On Jul 13, 2020
What have we reduced democracy to? Unfortunately, the movement that was started two weeks ago seems to have nose dived.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by tobechi74: 2:25am On Jul 13, 2020
so impeaching is a party. agenda not people agenda.

8 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 13, 2020
Bunch of jesters.

The ill-fated impeachment is gone for life

9 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:11am On Jul 13, 2020
Why will a party impeach a sitng member? His constituency voted for him and should be removed by a court or his people. Who gave a party the impetus. the temerity, the audacity to remove a member not fr his party but his elected position

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by bummerex: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2020
impeach now
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:15am On Jul 13, 2020
DAILY INSPIRATION:

*If you think whatever you're doing is useless, just remember Arsenal trains everyday*

3 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Chieftumb: 6:15am On Jul 13, 2020
Great
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by 2special(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2020
He was expelled not impeached.

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by anytexy: 6:18am On Jul 13, 2020
I don't blame them because they no get any other work.
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by authority2006(m): 6:18am On Jul 13, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Why will a party impeach a sitng member? His constituency voted for him and should be removed by a court or his people. Who gave a party the impetus. the temerity, the audacity to remove a member not fr his party but his elected position

The title says EXPEL, you're saying IMPEACHMENT. expelled from the party, not impeached from the house

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Sammy07: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2020
Akeredolu comes to mind.
The anti party activities he did.

Why the heck did APC cleared him during screening undecided
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by authority2006(m): 6:20am On Jul 13, 2020
anytexy:
I don't blame them because they no get any other work.

Just like those who suspended Oshiomole. Lol
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by KickTribalism: 6:20am On Jul 13, 2020
This is an example of Nigerian politics....

Almost everyone already knows that the impeachment was not for the interest of the people... undecided
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Cantonese: 6:21am On Jul 13, 2020
Very easy for him now. Straight to PDP with Agboola. Now more difficult to impeach Agboola. More difficult for Akeredolu to win especially with his issues with Tinubu. APC with crisis everywhere. Can they survive after Buhari leaves in 2023?
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by jericco1(m): 6:21am On Jul 13, 2020
cheesy grin
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by grammarian247(m): 6:21am On Jul 13, 2020
I am an expert at Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Heavenschild: 6:22am On Jul 13, 2020
The difference between men and boys.

Boys want Beauty...
Men want peace of mind.

Please check my signature..
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Goldencheese(m): 6:22am On Jul 13, 2020
Politics in Nigeria is no more based on conviction, persuasion or the constitution but on crude partisanship.
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:23am On Jul 13, 2020
Democracy is an act of hatred to opposition, an act of hatred to suspicious ideology different from your own, an act of selfish ambition, an act to forcefully conscript another person to subscribe to your own evil and mischievous dirty strategy, agenda and ideology to another person because his ideology is different from your own.

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Authoreety: 6:24am On Jul 13, 2020
They should continue
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by MrImole: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2020
Who knows?

Is our democracy ever gonna be strong, are we ever gonna grow up?
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 13, 2020
This is what Edo APC ward that suspended oshiomole has set on ground now. Any contrary opinions now against power that be, is to buy his grassroots leaders and expel straight. I can see why the military always take over then. Nothing per se in development, only fight your opponent and share the money. This country needs total restructuring by scattering and rearrangement. Must everyone be in line with the speaker or the governor?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by adenigga(m): 6:30am On Jul 13, 2020
GboyegaD:
What have we reduced democracy to? Unfortunately, the movement that was started two weeks ago seems to have nose dived.

A P C scatters!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by Sambjnewspaper(m): 6:31am On Jul 13, 2020
Hmmmmm.

Meanwhile kindly Dm for your CAC Newspaper NGOs publications/ Name change/ Ngos Consent e.t.c.

WhatsApp or call .... +23480- 6272- 0984

https://www.nairaland.com/2848768/cost-newspaper-publication-new-ngo/2

fast and Reliable...

Sam....
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by themanderon: 6:35am On Jul 13, 2020
Ride on jare. Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is in itself a revolutionary act. Shine the light into the abyss that APC truly is.

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by peeps4u: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2020
He will simply to move to another party. Expelling him from the party doesn't mean impeachment from the house.
Re: Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:50am On Jul 13, 2020
useless party

(1) (2) (Reply)

Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats / NLC Rejects New Tax On Carbonate Drinks Says It Will Cause Mass Hunger, Hardship / FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.