Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki (452 Views)

2023 Election: APC’s Gamble With Jonathan / Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election / Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by Basoenewokoma(m): 6:43am On Jul 13, 2020
A former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, has denied campaigning for the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), while serving as ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s NSA.

Dasuki said this in a statement on Sunday titled, ‘I never campaigned for APC or Buhari as NSA to President Jonathan’.

He said, “The truth is that I was involved in an attempt at forging an alliance between the Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party and the Congress for Progressive Change, among others, prior to the 2011 elections, which was not successful.

“My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011.

“At the point of accepting the appointment to serve as the National Security Adviser in 2012, I made clear to President Jonathan that I had relationships with General Muhammadu Buhari of the CPC, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu of the ACN and Chief Ogbonnaya Onu of the ANPP, among other opposition elements and that my appointment would not cause me to sever the relationship.

READ ALSO: PDP accuses Oyetola of changing Amotekun DG’s title

“I, however, assured him that I would never betray him. As a man of honour, I kept to my words.”

As NSA between 2012 and 2015, Dasuki insisted that he did not work at cross-purposes with Jonathan “as being recklessly insinuated by mischief makers on their blogs and in the social media.”

Re: I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by XXLMANDIGO: 6:53am On Jul 13, 2020
Well Maybe or Maybe not...
Re: I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by Toosure70: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2020
No source?
Re: I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by Chris6music: 7:16am On Jul 13, 2020
I see
Re: I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by remigiusizunna(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2020
Believe an Hausa-fulani politician at your own peril
Re: I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by Brandstudio01: 7:38am On Jul 13, 2020
Hnnm
Re: I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by surgical: 7:42am On Jul 13, 2020
Jonathan was a very naive president
Re: I Didn’t Campaign For Buhari While With Jonathan – Dasuki by Mysticwebb: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2020
Jonathan was too liberal and unsuitable for the kind of dirty politics Nigerians play and deserve, how can he appoint a person that has owned up to emotionally belonging to the opposition parties not just party but parties. Why give such person such sensitive position.

(1) (Reply)

Youth Peace Will Ensure Africa's Prosperity : Dr. Vanderpuije On Mandela's Day / Three Edo State Commissioners Just Resigned Now To Join Forces With Ize Iyamu / Breaking: FG Withdraw Ohanaeze CAC's Certificate,reasons Will Shock (PIX,VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.