Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

I Need Urgent Professional Advice On This Matter - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Urgent Professional Advice On This Matter (175 Views)

No Matter How Sad Their Story Is , Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House. / Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote / About to renew land lease For Telecoms Mast:i Need Urgent Advise Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Professional Advice On This Matter by greggng: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
I built this 3 bedroom bungalow 10 years ago .The tenant that rented it has being living there with the family . Intact he gave birth to his 3
Children in that house. After 4 years of living in my house , he told me the borehole had issue and I ended up giving him 25k a year for water incase his nebor fails to give him water.

Since 10 years ago he rented the place, I have not increased it cos I believe in practicing what I preach.....I told everyone that i can only increase when my tenant packed out ....is a personal decision.

Just yesterday , he called me that my house is on fire. When I got there I discovered that one room has been destroyed by the fire...even the roofing was touched . He claimed it was electrical problem . I thanked God no life lost but I was adviced to invite the person that wired the house for advice on what happened . My tenant rejected to see the electrician but told me he has a qualified person to rewire the house ...there is no need calling the person that wired it before since he did a bad job. My lawyer told me that the person that wired it has to be there to confront his new electrician to ascertain what happened . My question is who bears the cost of this ? I need professional advice cos that fire could be his error and I don't wanna pay for mistake of a tenant
Re: I Need Urgent Professional Advice On This Matter by PowerOfLove: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
I'm yet to build a house. God please enlarge my coast and prosper me, amen.
Re: I Need Urgent Professional Advice On This Matter by Acrobatics01: 4:58am On Jul 14, 2020
1. It's obvious from his moves that he wants to fix the house and will take out the cost of the repair from the rent.

2. You can speak with your lawyer (if you trust him) to find alternative ways to sort this out noting that land and house cases in Nigeria are not well sorted out in our courts.

3. Overall, I feel you should get an electrician that's not the one who wired the building to get a more objective view.
4. Then decide whether or not the tenant should continue living there after you results from the electrician

I hope this helps
Re: I Need Urgent Professional Advice On This Matter by greggng: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2020
Acrobatics01:
1. It's obvious from his moves that he wants to fix the house and will take out the cost of the repair from the rent.

2. You can speak with your lawyer (if you trust him) to find alternative ways to sort this out noting that land and house cases in Nigeria are not well sorted out in our courts.

3. Overall, I feel you should get an electrician that's not the one who wired the building to get a more objective view.
4. Then decide whether or not the tenant should continue living there after you results from the electrician

I hope this helps

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

30units Of 3bdrm House At Old Ikoyi. / Buying And Salling Of Land In Our Real Estate / Block Of 4 Flats For Sale At Ojota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.