Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? (1192 Views)

What Is Happening To My Decking? / Estimated Cost Of Decking My House / Uncompleted Property @ Decking Level For Sale @ Bogije Ajah Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by tosyne55(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
Dear nairalanders and engineers in the house,
I live in a soon to be completed one storey building, tho I'm yet to complete the upstairs part of this building, but know that it has been roofed and plastered , infact I stay downstairs with my family but the upstairs still remains a little plumbering, electrical work, and tiles to be completed
Now my question is that is it a normal thing for deckings that are yet to be tiled and properly plastered, for one to always hear every little movement going on upstairs from downstairs, tho I already asked the engineers and bricklayers and they said it's because it as not been tiled and properly set.
Because I have worked in offices with many storey buildings, and I don't seem to hear any activity from ppl working up the stairs,
Please enlighten me sirs and mas, as your contribution will go a long way for me
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by zoeA: 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
Run! grin
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by Perfecttouchade: 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
zoeA:
Run! grin
run go where grin. ..cc:Saydfact
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by majamajic(m): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
Since it's not yet tiled or plastered , it will have echo . U will hear every sound on top

1 Like

Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by Mozino007(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Its normal sir under engineering terminologies it is called expansion n contraction, when the concrete is heated by sunlight it causes the particles to vibrate....

2 Likes

Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
tosyne55:
Dear nairalanders and engineers in the house,
I live in a soon to be completed one storey building, tho I'm yet to complete the upstairs part of this building, but know that it has been roofed and plastered , infact I stay downstairs with my family but the upstairs still remains a little plumbering, electrical work, and tiles to be completed
Now my question is that is it a normal thing for deckings that are yet to be tiled and properly plastered, for one to always hear every little movement going on upstairs from downstairs, tho I already asked the engineers and bricklayers and they said it's because it as not been tiled and properly set.
Because I have worked in offices with many storey buildings, and I don't seem to hear any activity from ppl working up the stairs,
Please enlighten me sirs and mas, as your contribution will go a long way for me
The Engineer and bricklayers are correct.
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by JEmma1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mozino007:
Its normal sir under engineering terminologies it is called expansion n contraction, when the concrete is heated by sunlight it causes the particles to vibrate....

This is off the point..

Expansion how ?

He just said the upstairs has been roofed

2 Likes

Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by Mozino007(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
JEmma1:

This is off the point..
Expansion how ?
He just said the upstairs has been roofed
oh ooo sorry my bad!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by tosyne55(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
majamajic:
Since it's not yet tiled or plastered , it will have echo . U will hear every sound on top
thanks
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by tosyne55(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mozino007:
Thank you mozino
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by saydfact(m): 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
run go where grin. ..cc:Saydfact

Run ooooooh lol

tosyne55, it's very possible that you hear sounds because of the vacumm above... And perhaps it's an area with not many houses.

Does the decking vibrate? Na where concern dey be that..

1 Like

Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by tosyne55(m): 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
saydfact:

Run ooooooh lol

tosyne55, it's very possible that you hear sounds because of the vacumm above... And perhaps it's an area with not many houses.

Does the decking vibrate? Na where concern dey be that..
ooh, I see, there are a few houses here .The decking doesn't vibrate
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by saydfact(m): 11:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
tosyne55:

Then, maybe it's Willy Willy � wink grin

Pls share pics of the under and top also
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by johnpablo541(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
tosyne55:
He is talking about footsteps. As in when he is downstairs and someone goes upstairs to work or do anything and they are moving around up stairs he can hear their footsteps.
Re: I Can Hear Movements On Top Of My Decking, Is It Normal? by tosyne55(m): 7:51am On Jul 14, 2020
Very much correct @johnpablo

(1) (Reply)

Precious Peace Estate Ikorodu Now Selling Affordable Bungalows / Nigerian House Plan: Construction Of 3-bedroom Bungalow With Gym / 150 Hectares Of Land For Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.