Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win (43313 Views)

Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship / Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Angelfrost(m): 9:53am On Jul 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
UFC is relatively a new sport and not yet with much billions of dollars for the promotion. Unlike boxing

UFC is just a slightly upgraded dirty and brutal street fighting ring... I still don't get what these foreigners enjoy in all that gore and violence.

This is just like Gladiators of those centuries ago... Just that these ones are paid, free men, and don't get to kill each other.

6 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 14, 2020
hmmmm e no reach for house purchase for banana island oh. football pay pass.

3 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by yemmight(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2020
I think I should just contest for any of these incoming fight. Shebi If I loose I will still collect money.

9 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by achierosion(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2020
The money still too small
Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by dalass(f): 9:59am On Jul 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
”Ija ti dola”

Ooto oro grin

1 Like

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by tobenuel(m): 9:59am On Jul 14, 2020
Dats awesome, even the one that lost got 500k dollars
Kamaru, please come and fight me , lemme lose

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by achierosion(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2020
yemmight:
I think I should just contest for any of these incoming fight. Shebi If I loose I will still collect money.
same thing I dey tink brogrin

3 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by friday2011(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2020
Na waoo, sports ehnn...

You win, you collect money, you loose, you collect money...

Bet9ja, una dey see wetin una mate dey do?

Common man u draw cut my ticket yesterday, you no gree pay grin grin grin

There is God oo

12 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by dalass(f): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2020
loneprof:

It's peanuts if you consider the fact that he has to pay his trainers and staff. Remember it's also the US and not Nigeria so the money has a slightly lesser value there when we don't compare to the Naira that's unstable.

$600k is still a lot of money in that country oh... The dollar is still strong unlike our weak currency smiley

1 Like

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by SocialJustice: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
UFC is relatively a new sport and not yet with much billions of dollars for the promotion. Unlike boxing
With time it will become more popular, that is where the real fighting is. Boxing is child's play compared to UFC.

8 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2020
One mumu dey ask if football is the highest paying profession in the world.

Oya check am £290,000 per week which translates to £1,160,000 every month. Steady money.

Compare it to UFC fight for $640,000 till whenever he gets another bout. Unknown.

9 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Noel19: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2020
paulolee:

Yup i still stand on ma words because football pays better weekly by jus sitting on the bench and cant imagine gettin paid to play football dt i love doing with passion
also some boxers dt is less dangerous do earn times 10 for jus few rounds of fighting...
it seems like u dnt really kno dt UFC dt am talking abt...take ur time and watch it and u go fit relate with m words..

Who told you boxing is less dangerous?

Do you know the risk associated with boxing?

Do you know what some boxers suffer after retirement?

Brain damage!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Fragility6: 10:05am On Jul 14, 2020
EngineerBode:

Abeg forget that thing. Making $600k during corona period when people in the US are surviving with $1,200 palliative from government is a huge amount of money
You drop ur brain before you make diz comment? na u go pay e agents, treatment from injuries during the fights,Team members nkor. Since na pay per view earning sport,expenses go eat more dan half of dat money...Since our money no get value we dey sabi convert europe own mk e big 4 our eye.

4 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by EngineerBode: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2020
Fragility6:

You drop ur brain before you make diz comment? na u go pay e agents, treatment from injuries during the fights,Team members nkor. Since na pay per view earning sport,expenses go eat more dan half of dat money...Since our money no get value we dey sabi convert europe own mk e big 4 our eye.

Read what you wrote again and see who dropped his brain before commenting. See how you are written like one homeless man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Coldie(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2020
Nigeria is really a poor country.

In Nigeria the only way u can ever earn 200million is your lifetime is except u are a politician or a fraudster or criminal

6 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by SarkinYarki: 10:09am On Jul 14, 2020
EngineerBode:
People will not see the .

That means $600k

Over N200m

Cool

All I see is how much the Naira has devalued under Buhari

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by ayenale1(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Be like say I'll enter ring, I'll pretend I've die then rise up after collecting the cash.

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Fragility6: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2020
EngineerBode:

Read what you wrote again and see who dropped his brain before commenting. See how you are written like one homeless man
You inside a home read d nonsense you wrote...Go fight na since una sabi calculate anoda man money.Nonsense
Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2020
EngineerBode:

How much is Samuel Chukwueze paid weekly in Villarreal with the football pays better noise you are making?

That is his first top club..

He probably moved there from an academy.

He gets big pay once he is sold to another club or signs a new contract.

1 Like

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Danelo(m): 10:15am On Jul 14, 2020
How can winner take 640$
Loser take 500$

UFC how far na

Make I kuku dey fight it doesn't matter if I lose as long as I get paid handsomely.
Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Noel19: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2020
yemmight:

Yeah! Your will ratings fall, you get less fights and the loss of them all, you steadily lose your sponsorship deals.

When you are at the peak of your career you'll get a lot of sponsorship deals that will pay 10X or even more your earnings from fighting.

8 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by EngineerBode: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2020
Naughtysite:

That is his first top club..

He probably moved there from an academy.

He gets big pay once he is sold to another club or signs a new contract.

But 500 euros is slavery. He is signed till 2023. How old will he be at the end of his contract. His agent is the biggest f00l on earth. He just wasted that boy's productive years. It is so sad

1 Like

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by OvaSabi1(f): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2020
Kriss216:

Over 200M Naira too small just to fight for few minutes
How much are they paying Nigerian Soldiers fighting Boko Haramists?

Please stop thinking in Nigerian naira. How much do you think his monthly rent is? Sorry if I sound harsh but I get uncomfortable when people think in Nigerian naira when the realities on ground are hedged on the the dollar.

1 Like

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by EngineerBode: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2020
Fragility6:

You inside a home read d nonsense you wrote...Go fight na since una sabi calculate anoda man money.Nonsense

I will like to fight you for free. Let me teach you how to respect elders

4 Likes

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 14, 2020
yemmight:

Or you can still "collect" a brand new casket FOC.
If that doesn't work, you can also "collect" a decent bed space at Orthopaedic hospital.

That's if you are not as fit as the guy you are going up against.

Either ways you "collect" something which is not totally a bad deal..

1 Like

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Fragility6: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2020
EngineerBode:

I will like to fight you for free. Let me teach you how to respect elders
grin Nah i no dey fight for ego.na wound i dey wound person.if u like beat me i no care but one everlasting mark must gum u so no too get excited. I dey warri,airport junction to be precise
Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by vickydevoka(m): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2020
chatinent:
How money is being bloated in soccer will make one begin to imagine if truly it's real.
Abeg u are not alone. How arsenal de pay ozil $350k a week for playing nothing still de baffle me. In a month is 1.4million.
Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Prenonjebose: 10:21am On Jul 14, 2020
paulolee:

Yup i still stand on ma words because football pays better weekly by jus sitting on the bench and cant imagine gettin paid to play football dt i love doing with passion
also some boxers dt is less dangerous do earn times 10 for jus few rounds of fighting...
it seems like u dnt really kno dt UFC dt am talking abt...take ur time and watch it and u go fit relate with m words..
These guys are natural fighters. Getting paid for what they do ordinarily on the street for less is great. G
Everybody can not be boxers or footballers.

1 Like

Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by hush15: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

Stop saying what you don't know $500k is more valuable in the US than in Nigeria. You'll do alot with $500K in the USA compared to what you can do with it in Nigeria.

500k set too much.
A thousand dollar is by no means a small feat in the US.
Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2020
achierosion:
same thing I dey tink brogrin

Suicide! Suicide!!
Re: UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win by hush15: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

Stop saying what you don't know $500k is more valuable in the US than in Nigeria. You'll do alot with $500K in the USA compared to what you can do with it in Nigeria.

500k set too much.
A thousand dollar is by no means a small feat in the US. With a thousand dollars, you won't worry about food in a month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pochettino Reacts To Messi’s Handshake Snub After Substition Against Lyon / Everton Stars Celebrate Liverpool 2-0 Win In Anfield Dressing Room(Photos,Video) / David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.