Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (9828 Views)

Chinua Achebe's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Ola Rotimi's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Gabriel Okara Dies Four Weeks Before 98th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Kakamorufu(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2020
he wrote koku baboni too. love the book gaan
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by mannyiyke: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2020
paulolee:
nice . happy birthday sir
really enjoyed reading his books especially dt sugar girl dt ralia ppayed the lead role..
wish u more fruitful years ahead...AGE WIT GRACE SiR
He died in 1988. Posthumous birthday means that the birthday is being celebrated after his death. So, there are no fruitful years to wish a dead man.
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by mannyiyke: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2020
femmyapson:
Not even remembrance of the day he died but marking the dead birthday..is this not craziness?
It's not crazy. He was born on 14th July. So, it's not bad if people remember the day of his birth, years after he had gone to the great beyond.
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
seguno2:

To remind forgetful chaps like you of their meaningful, exemplary life.

Must you put words in my comment, that were not there?
Who does that except a bloody liar?
Is that what you are

So without endless post humous b'day the dead can't be remembered?
I do remember the dead in supplications and not to create one useless post humous b'day for them.

Who dey lie?
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Drizzy5001(m): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
Well , I'm an indomie generation kid, I no Sabi the book.
Rip sir
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by uglodoh(f): 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
Pavore9:
The adventures of Souza, The return of Shettima, Call me Michael (opened my mind as a child on the pains kids raised by their mean stepmothers go through) Halima must not die etc He wrote some of the books that spurred my childhood imaginations.
He was the one that wrote " call me Michael." The book us very interesting.
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by akinwun(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2020
This man wrote the Happy Birthday I suppose
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Virtplus(m): 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
lalasticlala:
Kola Onadipe Turns 98 Today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Onadipe
sugar girl make me cry dat year ehnn
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by helinues: 12:08am On Jul 15, 2020
vr0xen:
Uncle Lala and posthumous-birthday is like python and pepper soup

BTW Stop banning people because of of HELINUES AND SYMPLYLEO they are bigots and fund of derailing every thread with bigotry,

grin grin
Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by zoezoelogistics(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2020
paulolee:
nice . happy birthday sir
really enjoyed reading his books especially dt sugar girl dt ralia ppayed the lead role..
wish u more fruitful years ahead...AGE WIT GRACE SiR

Person wey don die should age with grace?
LOL.

1 Like

Re: Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Bifrost: 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ayawa in Apampa village. . .
I love the nostalgia in this. such sweet memories.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / The 5man Crew / Love Story: Kate And Godwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.