Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,056 members, 7,841,993 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Webmasters Come To My Rescue - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Come To My Rescue (266 Views)

Webmasters Come In / Webmasters Come In Here: I Need Youtube Monetized Channel For Sale (QUICK DEAL) / I Intend To Build A Portal Website Like Yahoo.com. Webmasters Come In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Come To My Rescue by cindynaza: 8:17am On Jul 14, 2020
Please help,I launched my first blog last week and have published one post. I have added the site to Google search console.

When I checked the site map,I noticed it only indexed my blog menus and all the meta tags I used for that particular pst,that is,each of the tags are displayed as a url. But it did not index the post itself.

When I search on Google for my website,it only brings up my menus/ categories. It doesn't show my site description like the way other sites are displayed.

Then I noticed that my post is under archive.

But in my WordPress dashboard,it shows as a published post.

Also I can't figure out how to add my posts to the home page so that visitors can easily see the post without clicking on the menu.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by LMServices: 8:37am On Jul 14, 2020
Hello. First, right click on your home page to view your blog page source, then use the CTRL+F to find a possible "no-follow" or "no-index" tag. Best guess is that there is one or both on your blog, which is preventing the homepage from being indexed.

If you have both or either tags, then your issue is likely coming from there. If it is not, you might need to do a page/section investigation. Yoast is fast becoming notorious messing up search appearances and crawl items.

"Archive" is supposed to be a category label for posts on WordPress. So even when you create posts, they fall under certain archives. Optimized blogs will group them into categories.

Your website seems to be misconfigured and your SEO's trajectory is way off as it is.

We can fix this but it won't be free. The no index meta is most likely from your Yoast plugin. Your on page SEO can be recalibrated to have the proper areas of your website indexed.

You can reach out for assistance. Kindly note that we do not offer Pro bono services.
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by MTjay: 8:54am On Jul 14, 2020
cindynaza:
Please help,I launched my first blog last week and have published one post. I have added the site to Google search console.

When I checked the site map,I noticed it only indexed my blog menus and all the meta tags I used for that particular pst,that is,each of the tags are displayed as a url. But it did not index the post itself.

When I search on Google for my website,it only brings up my menus/ categories. It doesn't show my site description like the way other sites are displayed.

Also I can't figure out how to add my posts to the home page so that visitors can easily see the post without clicking on the menu.

Hello don't pay anyone, stop using tags until your blog gains authority
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by cindynaza: 9:45am On Jul 14, 2020
Ok thanks @MTjay
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by cindynaza: 9:46am On Jul 14, 2020
LMServices,thanks. Let me try solutions and see if it gets fixed.
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by cindynaza: 10:00am On Jul 14, 2020
This is what it looks like.I have searched for the no-follow and no-index tag on the home page,but none is there.

Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by cindynaza: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2020
And this is how my website appears on google

Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by 404Dev: 10:07am On Jul 14, 2020
1 week blog. I think it takes time for Google to do a complete indexing (not absolutely sure though). So maybe just wait a while and add more posts and see if it indexed. If you did submit a valid sitemap, the crawlers would eventually index it.
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by 404Dev: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2020
cindynaza:
Add a meta description. You can use yoast plugin if you have it. Go to your index page and add the description there.
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by LMServices: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2020
cindynaza:
This is what it looks like.I have searched for the no-follow and no-index tag on the home page,but none is there.
This looks bad. Except you are running a huge site where tags can serve as categories and all what not, you should not use them and most importantly have them indexed. They will burn out your crawl allocation.

It gets worse if you cannot have them optimized because your site's search appearance will come out ugly.

You should not use tags if you have no particular use for them.
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by LMServices: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2020
cindynaza:
Your website is on the verge of being hurt. A wild guess puts current tags in the region of 800+, which means you will need to mop them up from SERP. A disturbing trends on tags is that they are giving more preferences over post contents and rated in the same level as categories.

You will likely get errors from GSEC at some point over the growing tags, particularly when you want to take them down.

Tags are a strategic part of SEO but it is not needed for everyone or every blog. You will need to mop up and wait for a while to see the changes on SERP.
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by cindynaza: 10:29am On Jul 14, 2020
I have added a meta description through yoast. Maybe i will have to delete that post and stop using meta tags for future posts.Thanks all
Re: Webmasters Come To My Rescue by bassdow: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
cindynaza:

Would do you Lots of Good not to talk of Time savings should you contact someone knowledgeable enough and not too selfish to guide you through.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Request For Any Wordpress Theme Or Plugin And I Would Send It For You For Free / FB Group Needs -100k Genuine/active Members / Pictures Not Loading On A Property Website (I Need Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.