Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

An Independent Efcc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Independent Efcc (481 Views)

If The South East Becomes An Independent Country / Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent / Buhari To Travel To UK For Two Weeks On Health Issue - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Independent Efcc by PortHardcore: 8:47am On Jul 14, 2020
Its obvious that the EFCC is not a useful agency in fighting corruption.
We can't have corrupt politicians chosing the Chairmen of the EFCC.
We can't have corrupt politicians deciding what cases to pursue and what cases not to pursue. undecided
We can't have thieves in the ruling political party being untouchable.

I mean wow,wtf,why would a country thats suffering from endemic corruption,have an anti-corruption agency that's under the control of corrupt politicians

So,how do we go about making the EFCC completely independent;
The public chooses the chairmen and board.
Nobody gives them permission of what cases to pursue.
The Presidency nor the Attorney General can remove or appoint any members.
Re: An Independent Efcc by socialmediaman: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2020
Who will choose them? You? Does your choice matter in Nigeria? The same corrupt politicians will write the numbers and tell you who you chose, case closed. The president can decide to defund the agency and they start doing his bidding like the ‘independent’ judges and house of assembly are currently doing
Re: An Independent Efcc by PortHardcore: 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
socialmediaman:
Who will choose them? You? Does your choice matter in Nigeria? The same corrupt politicians will write the numbers and tell you who you chose, case closed. The president can decide to defund the agency and they start doing his bidding like the ‘independent’ judges and house of assembly are currently doing

Yes the leadership of the EFCC would be voted on.
Basically,we would have many applicants,and the public votes on who would run the EFCC.

The budget would be dynamic,based on total hours worked.
So if we had 1000 members working 3000 hours each year,the budget would be a multiple of 3million,say N3Billion.
The new charter would strictly forbid any government agency from setting the budget of the new EFCC or appointing any EFCC members.
Re: An Independent Efcc by socialmediaman: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
PortHardcore:

Yes the leadership of the EFCC would be voted on.
Basically,we would have many applicants,and the public votes on who would run the EFCC.

The budget would be dynamic,based on total hours worked.
So if we had 1000 members working 3000 hours each year,the budget would be a multiple of 3million,say N3Billion.
The new charter would strictly forbid any government agency from setting the budget of the new EFCC or appointing any EFCC members.

It seems you didn’t read my comment well. So the public votes and the election will be credible? Will it be conducted in the US by their electoral officials? Or you believe your votes count in Nigeria?
Re: An Independent Efcc by PortHardcore: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
socialmediaman:

It seems you didn’t read my comment well. So the public votes and the election will be credible? Will it be conducted in the US by their electoral officials? Or you believe your votes count in Nigeria?

Why are you stuck on the voting process?
Political parties don't choose the candidates for the leadership of the EFCC.

Tinubu is not going to forward any names, neither is Atiku or Buhari.

We will have a public advertisement just like you would have for say a managing director job.

The current leadership of the EFCC will review applications to see if the applicant is qualified for the role and then the public will vote for who they want to run the EFCC.

Now tell me how any politicians are going to hijack the above process.
Re: An Independent Efcc by socialmediaman: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
PortHardcore:

Why are you stuck on the voting process?
Political parties don't choose the candidates for the leadership of the EFCC.

Tinubu is not going to forward any names, neither is Atiku or Buhari.

We will have a public advertisement just like you would have for say a managing director job.

The current leadership of the EFCC will review applications to see if the applicant is qualified for the role and then the public will vote for who they want to run the EFCC.

Now tell me how any politicians are going to hijack the above process.

Bros you still don't get it. Over 50 - 80% or more of those working in EFCC and most government agencies got the jobs based on letters of recommendation from the presidency or national assembly members. They are quota candidates. If you like apply from now till tomorrow, the presidency tells the EFCC who to select for voting, who to disqualify and who won the election after voting. In fact the anointed candidate may already be running the office by proxy before the election is concluded. Na waoh. You really believe in your country, Goodluck!
Re: An Independent Efcc by PortHardcore: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
socialmediaman:

Bros you still don't get it. Over 50 - 80% or more of those working in EFCC and most government agencies got the jobs based on letters of recommendation from the presidency or national assembly members. They are quota candidates. If you like apply from now till tomorrow, the presidency tells the EFCC who to select for voting, who to disqualify and who won the election after voting. In fact the anointed candidate may already be running the office by proxy before the election is concluded. Na waoh. You really believe in your country, Goodluck!

This shows that you don't understand my topic.

This topic is about making the EFCC an independent organization,what you wrote here is showing the opposite of what i proposed.

Your paragraph displays an EFCC that is dependent on corrupt politicians for quotas and recommendation letters.

Wait is B.o.k.o.h.a.r.i a banned word on Nairaland? grin
Buhari! Buhari! Buhari!
Re: An Independent Efcc by socialmediaman: 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
PortHardcore:

This shows that you don't understand my topic.

This topic is about making the EFCC an independent organization,what you wrote here is showing the opposite of what i proposed.

Your paragraph displays an EFCC that is dependent on corrupt politicians for quotas and recommendation letters.

Wait is B.o.k.o.h.a.r.i a banned word on Nairaland? grin
Buhari! Buhari! Buhari!

This is probably my last reply if you still don’t get what I’ve been spelling out literally to you. What’s so hard to understand that you can’t have an independent EFCC in a corrupt government? Even your independent judiciary and senate are controlled by the executive, what’s so difficult to understand about that?

Your independent governors are removed by the Supreme Court controlled by the executive. What’s so difficult to understand?

Bros, even if your constitution states that EFCC is independent, that’s just paper, EFCC will not be independent unless we kill corruption, this should be easy enough
Re: An Independent Efcc by PortHardcore: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
socialmediaman:

This is probably my last reply if you still don’t get what I’ve been spelling out literally to you. What’s so hard to understand that you can’t have an independent EFCC in a corrupt government? Even your independent judiciary and senate are controlled by the executive, what’s so difficult to understand about that?

Your independent governors are removed by the Supreme Court controlled by the executive. What’s so difficult to understand?

Bros, even if your constitution states that EFCC is independent, that’s just paper, EFCC will not be independent unless we kill corruption, this should be easy enough

Ok.

So what's your plan on killing corruption?
Re: An Independent Efcc by socialmediaman: 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
PortHardcore:

Ok.

So what's your plan on killing corruption?

Corruption can only be killed by courageous and vision driven and competent leadership
Re: An Independent Efcc by PortHardcore: 1:15am On Jul 16, 2020
socialmediaman:

Corruption can only be killed by courageous and vision driven and competent leadership

Bros,Sowore was here and you guys mocked him.

This sounds very vague.
Also Nigeria doesn't have a lot of courageous and visionary people.

What is the first step to executing your plan?

I actually have a way to execute my plan.

Just imagine a Sowore as head of an independent Efcc,Abi?

Your plan won't work because nobody believe in Nigeria like that to risk themselves.
Plus when these people do step up, Nigerians mock and riducle them.
These visionary people will never over throw APC/PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos East Senate: My Focus Is On Polaris Bank’s Stakeholders, Customers For Now / US Arrests 17-year-old Boy Over High-profile Twitter Hack / Tell Hausa Fulani That Nigeria Cannot Breath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.