Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry (1486 Views)

Read Apostle Michael Orokpo Biography And His New Ministry: Jesus Encounters Min / Ibelegbu Chidinma, RCCG Pastor: Fulani Herdsmen Kidnapped Us / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by HappyNigerian: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2020
One of the most prominent pastors of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, in the USA, Pastor Tola Odutola, has resigned from the Church.

Pastor Odutola, who is the senior Pastor of Jesus House Baltimore, cited lack of care from the church in his 30 years of service.

Pastor Enoch Adeboye is the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

In a viral video, Pastor Odutola refused to divulge direct details of his reason for his decision, but revealed he had served RCCG for 30 years without receiving anything in return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeTDp3MhGE

Odutola announced on Sunday his church would run independently, attracting applause from the congregation, before adding he was prepared to face backlash on social media for his decision.

Odutola was the founding Chairman of the Redeemer’s Leadership Institute, RLI, according to the website of Jesus House Baltimore

RLI is “the Leadership arm of the Redeemed Christian Church of God North America (RCCGNA) which provides continuous training for Religious Leaders worldwide.”

https://www.inform.ng/post/senior-rccg-pastor-accuse-church-of-not-giving-him-enough-forms-new-ministry
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Finnese001: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2020
na so
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by IamWonderful: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2020
Thieves seeking personal glory
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Odion2016(m): 11:19am On Jul 14, 2020
All about their pockets...
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 14, 2020
Another guy man.

Educated hustler

1 Like

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by ODJ124(m): 11:29am On Jul 14, 2020
Abegi.... let him go...
some of the pastors in RCCG... once they become influential they make lots of excuses.. because they wanna form their own ministry...
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by SmartProf(m): 11:29am On Jul 14, 2020
Oga go your way o...if the salvation of souls is what you are after, you will set your priorities right. If you wanted enough settlement, you should have engaged your career or business interest for that. I wish you well in your new ministry and all those that will look for your new address.
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by LibertyRep: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2020
It's not unexpected in such a big institution with several outlets.

Cut the guy some slack. After 30 years, he should be free to set up his own ministry. Some men in a known tribe will even take up the responsibility of setting up the establishment of their apprentices upon graduation.

2 Likes

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by TooMuchStuff: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2020
Tunde Bakare in the making

1 Like

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Authoreety: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2020
Supported
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Realadey(m): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2020
If God calls u,He will reward u, don't expect it from any man

1 Like

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by yanabasee1(m): 11:53am On Jul 14, 2020
There's no real man of God in all these pastors we have these days......

They're just looking for members to increase their church funds and not what they preach.....

They'll put so much efforts to compel members to go out and bring their neighbors to join them.....

Na so one madam been the disturb me oh.... She was he'll bend into asking me to join the church till she fell in love and was telling me how I got nice lips and handsome face.... I told her I was created by Satan for her to fall in love....That was the end!!
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Righteousness89(m): 11:53am On Jul 14, 2020
Brother in the Vineyard, It is God that pays us

Except it's Man you were called to Serve!

If you are Starting a Church without being called by our MASTER to do so, it's unfortunate!

The Same people who Cheered you will depart from you soonest...

The Business is not a Work of I have Experience...

If The MASTER is not involved, you are on your own! And when you are on your own it's Calamity and Shame all the Way...

Let's be Careful as Pastors and Ministers! This Work is not by Power, Might or skill!

Except The Lord builds a House, the builders are building but in Vain..

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by RenaissanceGuy: 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
RCCG should start paying their pastors well. If what I heard that their full-time zonal pastors are paid ₦50k is true, then the pay is very poor.
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
SmartProf:
Oga go your way o...if the salvation of souls is what you are after, you will set your priorities right. If you wanted enough settlement, you should have engaged your career or business interest for that. I wish you well in your new ministry and all those that will look for your new address.
He formed his own ministry so that he can finally get paid. Since his former landlords deceived him for 30 years, it is his turn to deceive people so he can get what is owed to him. Of course, he will do it in the name of God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by judedwriter(m): 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
RCCG should start paying their pastors well. If what I heard that their full-time zonal pastors are paid ₦50k is true, then the pay is very poor.

But with other fringe benefits like free housing, transportation and gifts from church members...
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
You guys should be careful how you judge someone.
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Gentle0wavez: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
LibertyRep:

It's not unexpected in such a big institution with several outlets.

Cut the guy some slack. After 30 years, he should be free to set up his own ministry. Some men in a known tribe will even take up the responsibility of setting up the establishment of their apprentices upon graduation.

Guy me sef just dey surprised at how people can be insensitive. See how they are condemning him, as if 30 years na child's play. Even Jesus Christ sent out his disciples to preach while he was still alive and they all spread after his death, this is less than 3 years oh. Come imagine 30 years, even if na marriage he try Abeg.
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Janosky: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2020
ODJ124:
Abegi.... let him go...
some of the pastors in RCCG... once they become influential they make lots of excuses.. because they wanna form their own ministry...
He wanna form his own Business franchise with exclusive rights .
It's all about the Benjamins,if you know you know...

3 Likes

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by ODJ124(m): 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
Janosky:
He wanna form his own Business franchise with exclusive rights . It's all about the Benjamins,if you know you know...
I swr... church is a big investment...
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
Guy me sef just dey surprised at how people can be insensitive. See how they are condemning him, as if 30 years na child's play. Even Jesus Christ sent out his disciples to preach while he was still alive and they all spread after his death, this is less than 3 years oh. Come imagine 30 years, even if na marriage he try Abeg.
Wait a second... you want to compare this to what Jesus Christ did? WOW!! undecided
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Gentle0wavez: 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second... you want to compare this to what Jesus Christ did? WOW!! undecided
I really don't know what you are thinking that you are saying WOW but just know that Jesus Christ is the Model of the church and we all have to look up to him. Any ministry practice in the church that is being done today should be compared to his because he is the MODUS OPERANDI.
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
I really don't know what you are thinking that you are saying WOW but just know that Jesus Christ is the Model of the church and we all have to look up to him. Any ministry practice in the church that is being done today should be compared to his because he is the MODUS OPERANDI.
This man quit after 30 years of gaining nothing... how does that compare to Jesus Christ and His disciples? undecided
You "Daddy GO" missed the mark when he decided to set up his own kingdom and run it by his own rules, not Jesus Christ's rules at all. undecided
By the way, do you remember that Jesus Christ said you should call no man father...

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

1 Like

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Gentle0wavez: 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
This man quit after 30 years of gaining nothing... how does that compare to Jesus Christ and His disciples? undecided
You "Daddy GO" missed the mark when he decided to set up his own kingdom and run it by his own rules, not Jesus Christ's rules at all. undecided
By the way, do you remember that Jesus Christ said you should call no man father...

You missed my point I was supporting the other pastor odutola, not Pst Adeboye. Besides I don't attend RCCG i'm a Catholic.
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
You missed my point I was supporting the other pastor odutola, not Pst Adeboye. Besides I don't attend RCCG i'm a Catholic.
It's the comparisons to Jesus Christ and His relationship with His disciples that I am concerned about. Much of what happens in the church-world can be linked directly to Jesus Christ or His examples, and this is no exception.
I don't even support the man, since he is also to blame for enslaving himself to another man's kingdom for 30 years when Jesus Christ never asked anyone to do any such thing. You would think a person who claims to be a MOG, and for that long, would know better. Sadly, there are so many more like him who spend their entire lives serving men pretending they do so in the name of God.

1 Like

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by CaptMarvel(m): 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
30 years doing what! Even if na government job he would have have resign or be fired.

Anyway it's a good step to greater thing especially when God is in it!
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by CaptMarvel(m): 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
Respect your Elder, he's your Elder brother in the vineyard or have you done 30 years in the ministry? grin
Righteousness89:
Brother in the Vineyard, It is God that pays us

Except it's Man you were called to Serve!

If you are Starting a Church without being called by our MASTER to do so, it's unfortunate!

The Same people who Cheered you will depart from you soonest...

The Business is not a Work of I have Experience...

If The MASTER is not involved, you are on your own! And when you are on your own it's Calamity and Shame all the Way...

Let's be Careful as Pastors and Ministers! This Work is not by Power, Might or skill!

Except The Lord builds a House, the builders are building but in Vain..

Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by Righteousness89(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
CaptMarvel:
Respect your Elder, he's your Elder brother in the vineyard or have you done 30 years in the ministry? grin

There is no Experience or Rank that takes you to Heaven..

Your Current state with GOD ALMIGHTY is all that Matters...
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by CaptMarvel(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
na the DADDY GO Title dey pain u abi hahaha! Guy shift! The man you're hating on keep waxing stronger and doing great things, He build the kingdom for God not for himself and do according to the directives he receives from God. Go and set up yours if God wish and let him leads you on how to build it.
Re: Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry by CaptMarvel(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
Righteousness89:

There is no Experience or Rank that takes you to Heaven..

Your Current state with GOD ALMIGHTY is all that Matters...

what's your current state when you can't honor and respect those ahead of you!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Burns The Holy Bible (photos, Video) / Koinonia With Apostle Joshua Selman Resume In Abuja Today. / Before You Fight The satanic System By Breaking GOD's Law, Remember This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.