Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Let's Give GEJ A Chance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Give GEJ A Chance (6110 Views)

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2013? / What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? / India Are Still Battling With Power Cuts, So Give GEJ Time To Tackle Problem! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2011
I've never seen presidential candidate as popular as Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. This guy just has something about him. It's either he's a pretensious liar or God sent like some apologist of his want us to believe. The truth is that whether we curse hell and satan he's going to win this election hands down. It's already glarring. you don't need a suitsayer to tell you that his greatest publicity have been the people of Nigeria. Even without doing a single campaign this guy will still win the election. I just hope people like Buhari will not be disgraced at the polls.

My point is that among all the candidates that are contesting GEJ may not be the most qualified rather is he the worst among the lots of the criminals parading themselves as presidential candidates. Let's just give him a chance to enter their first and see what he'll do before casting aspersions on him.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
Give him a chance so that more Nigerians would be killed in Jos, Borno, Bayelsa, Abuja etc.

Give him a chance to loot the ECA more.

Give him a chance to defend the October 1 bomb blast.

Let me ask, what happened to Dokpesi, IBB and the October 1 bomb suspects?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Beaf: 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2011
This is a very responsible thread, especially when you consider that Jonathans opponents keep shooting themselves in the foot. ACN and CPC are engaged in open warfare, despite being in merger talks just last week, so whats the practical alternative? Lets support GEJ and only crucify him if he fails us, right now he is performing creditably.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Give him a chance so that more Nigerians would be killed in Jos, Borno, Bayelsa, Abuja etc.

Give him a chance to loot the ECA more.

Give him a chance to defend the October 1 bomb blast.

Let me ask, what happened to Dokpesi, IBB and the October 1 bomb suspects?

Is it in GEJ's tenure that people started getting killed in the North? Pls let's tell ourselves the truth.

That's why i said we should give him a chance and then criticize later when he becomes Nigeria's substantial president.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
Since its not in GEJ's tenure it started, it cant end in GEJ's tenure we should endure it.

Bombing on Independence day nko?

Pls what truth are we talking about? That thousands of Nigerians are dying and they should endure it till GEJ becomes substantive president? Or whats your point?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by thweraja10: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2011
yeah you are right, there are two kinds of chance we give

a, A chance to vote him and let him  rule us and make fools of us fools like they have been doing

b. A chance to get him outta there and elect the right man for the job that gonna head to the people needs.

So poster which of the chance are you talking about ooooo
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2011
Shout - shout - shout. GEJ is the man.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2011
thweraja10:

yeah you are right, there are two kinds of chance we give

a, A chance to vote him and let him  rule us and make fools of us fools like they have been doing

b. A chance to get him outta there and elect the right man for the job that gonna head to the people needs.

So poster which of the chance are you talking about ooooo

He's popularity is overwhelming. So i just fill we should wait and see what people see in him.

I've always seen GEJ as my standby candidate is i didn't see any serious contender in the running.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Shout - shout - shout. GEJ is the man.
That's one thing i don't like about people that support GEJ blindly.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2011
How have you seen the state of the country since he became president?

Militants attacked the country, GEJ said we should pray for them to come and confess.

Some people really mumu o
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2011
how long has GEJ been President? I guess he will make things right just overnight?

OBJ - not good, Yar Adua- too slow, Jonathan - a dumb! so. Its Jesus Christ that we want in Nigeria?

Anyway, majority of the people cursing GEJ in here will not even contribute to the elections. So, why make all the noise?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nsiman(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2011
The two most confused posters on nl are dayokanu and ayubam, what they criticize gej of is what they'll pretend to use and defend sm1 else. What caused abuja bomb? Or rather why do dayokanu and ayubam hate gej? Tell us
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

How have you seen the state of the country since he became president?

Militants attacked the country, GEJ said we should pray for them to come and confess.

Some people really mumu o

It's obvious the guy was clueless when he become the president. He came our president by accident and really had no ideas. But i see the guy to be someone who's honest. He may not be the best person for the job but unfortunately the best are not contesting. That's why i feel we should just cut him a slack and see what he'll do.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by honeric01(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Poster

Please tell me why he should be given the chance?

Because he's an incumbent president, hence has access to all our money to campaign/ bribe delegates?

What exactly has he done? please be very constructive.

Thanks
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^^

You start first. LOL

Tell us why we shouldnt give him the chance and tell us what he has not done given the time he has been ruling.

Lets be objective this time as well.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Knight1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2011
@honeric

seconded!

we should just give him a chance because, the poster doesnt believe he is a rogue? ehn?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by honeric01(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Ma_J_Blige

I hope you went to school? if yes, do you answer questions with questions? answer mine first and i promise to do you the honor of reciprocating
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
honeric01:

@Poster

Please tell me why he should be given the chance?

Because he's an incumbent president, hence has access to all our money to campaign/ bribe delegates?

What exactly has he done? please be very constructive.

Thanks

If you've followed my post on nairaland you'll see that i've been one of those calling for GEJ's head. I won't come here and tell you that he's done something that will warrant me to vote for him. Neither has he done something that will make me not to vote for him. Like i said he may not be the God sent that his apologist have been shouting about but he's new on the scene, so let's make him a substancial president and see what he has to offer. Afterall OBJ was there for 8 years and we did nothing about it. How worse can a Nigeria president get.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2011
You mean when militants bomb the nations capital the best way to address it is to come n air and defend them?

Next thing go to redemption camp and pray that the criminals come out to confess?

Later share ECA and tell people to endure killing till he becomes president.

GEJ is too dumb to be President.

afam4eva:

It's obvious the guy was clueless when he become the president. He came our president by accident and really had no ideas. But i see the guy to be someone who's honest. He may not be the best person for the job but unfortunately the best are not contesting. That's why i feel we should just cut him a slack and see what he'll do.

You mean his honesty in looting the ECA account, or the honesty in telling us to pray for criminals to confess or the honesty in inviting MEND to dinner while exonerating them when they claimed responsibility?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by aljharem(m): 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2011
afam4ever

GEJ already had his chance to prove to us but he has fail woefully

since Yaradua die, he is been the president , what has he done.

he even has the guts to appoint personal adviser to diaspora affairs like we all in Nigeria are stu.pid

what is minister of foreign affairs for ?

what are the ambassadors to various countries there for ?

secondly, he has promise that he will give us constant electricity just like his predecessors (OBJ and Yaradua) yet the power supply is even getting worse

he even appointed alams( former governor of balysea) a man the dressed like a woman after he was arrested abroad cry

facebook crap, if the president wants to tell his people something, he can call a press conference and inform his people instead of going to facebook like a coward.

and it goes on and on and on angry
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2011
afam4eva:

Neither has he done something that will make me not to vote for him. Like i said he may not be the God sent that his apologist have been shouting about but he's new on the scene,

You mean you are satisfied with the violence in the whole country and you believe he cant do anything about it other than to tell us to pray that criminals confess?

so let's make him a substancial president and see what he has to offer. Afterall OBJ was there for 8 years and we did nothing about it. How worse can a Nigeria president get.

Thereby wasting anther 4yrs as we watch the mumu show of GEJ
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
alj harem:

afam4ever

GEJ already had his chance to prove to us but he has fail woefully

since Yaradua die, he is been the president , what has he done.

he even has the guts to appoint personal adviser to diaspora affairs like we all in Nigeria are stu.pid

what is minister of foreign affairs for ?

what are the ambassadors to various countries there for ?

secondly, he has promise that he will give us constant electricity just like his predecessors (OBJ and Yaradua) yet the power supply is even getting worse

he even appointed alams( former governor of balysea) a man the dressed like a woman after he was arrested abroad cry

facebook crap, if the president wants to tell his people something, he can call a press conference and inform his people instead of going to facebook like a coward.

and it goes on and on and on angry

LOL.

How old are yah?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by aljharem(m): 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

LOL.

How old are yah?

LOL

you fathers age undecided
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^

LOL.

No wonder.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by honeric01(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2011
afam4eva:

If you've followed my post on nairaland you'll see that i've been one of those calling for GEJ's head. I won't come here and tell you that he's done something that will warrant me to vote for him. Neither has he done something that will make me not to vote for him. Like i said he may not be the God sent that his apologist have been shouting about but he's new on the scene, so let's make him a substancial president and see what he has to offer. Afterall OBJ was there for 8 years and we did nothing about it. How worse can a Nigeria president get.

Why should i be ready to waste another 4 years of my life with a "president" who never dreamt of becoming a president in the first place? his story is like of a man who stumbled upon millions of naira that he never had plans for.

There are series of reasons why i won't vote for him, you can decide to play blind to them, but i suffer and bear the brunt of his mistakes and i am not ready to waste another 4 years suffering.

Because of his weak grip on managing crisis in Jos, onions has gone up that i have not eaten onions for more than 2 months now.

Because of his lack of economic no how, our ECA is almost empty and he thinks the ECA is his personal kolo.

Because of his connection with corrupt elites, he cannot confidently challenge looters and murderers like Atiku and that killer from Oyo state (WHAT'S THAT HIS USELESS NAME SELF).

He even flew the man on a chattered flight to the PDP primaries just because he needed votes from the murderer's constituency.

I cannot vote for a man who speaks with both side of his mouth, he said our children and siblings should sit at home and not go to school during the registration periods while his kids were in school.

I cannot vote for a man who has not shown any capacity of bringing murderers, bombers, criminals to book, he has not been able to convict just one person since more than 4 bombs went off in Nigeria.

I rather remain the only person who won't vote for an opportunist who promised to give us 6,000MW of electricity in 2010, instead we are operating even lower than when he wasn't our president.

What exactly has GEJ done during his 11 months stay as a full time president? Just one thing? please name it, please
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by HamidO1(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2011
It's really not about GEJ. It's PDP, anyone that thinks any concrete thing can happen to us under this thieves must be day dreaming. PDP is simply a party of rogues and GEJ isn't any different, Let's chase PDP away, eleven years and lots of people still live below a dollar per day. What more do we want.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2011
and pop who there? @ Hamid
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Beaf: 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2011
==Buys pop corn and takes ring-side seat to watch as anti-GEJ clowns scramble their own brains. . . "What has he done?!" "No, he's a darling, its just that he's in PDP"

Comedy! grin
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by honeric01(m): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2011
Beaf:

==Buys pop corn and takes ring-side seat to watch as anti-GEJ clowns scramble their own brains. . . "What has he done?!" "No, he's a darling, its just that he's in PDP"

Comedy! grin

Jona jona never pay you? mr critic, mr slander lol, mr bot cheesy
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ OP "SUITSAYERgrin ROFL!

Duuuuuuude
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by monkeyleg: 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Afam4eva,

believe me when I say, I keep searching for reasons to support Goodluck. Sentimentally my heart lies there, and this is purely because he is from ND, but must I allow setiments cloud my judgement.

I am still not convinced that Goodluck means well, especially as he openly endoresed and supported Uduaghan. Is goodluck telling us that he doesnt know the evil Ibori and Uduaghan commited in Delta state?

But like I keep saying, if he wins I wish him well
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2011
afam4eva:

My point is that among all the candidates that are contesting GEJ may not be the most qualified rather is[size=13pt] he the worst [/size]among the lots of the criminals parading themselves as presidential candidates. Let's just give him a chance to enter their first and see what he'll do before casting aspersions on him. 

I was overcome by a sense of despair when I read the above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 / CBN Act: Bukola Saraki Interviewed On Twitter / Peter Obi Advises IMO State Governor, Ihedioha On 4 Dangers Ahead Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.