Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Scott Empowers Ughelli Market Women With Cash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scott Empowers Ughelli Market Women With Cash (178 Views)

Benin Market Women Dance, Sing To Meet Peter Obi With Their Plantain (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Ughelli Market In Delta State- Pictures / Nigerian Aircraft Overloaded With Cash Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scott Empowers Ughelli Market Women With Cash by ossaioviesucces(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2020
SCOTT EMPOWERS UGHELLI MARKET WOMEN WITH CASH

Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain in Delta State and Ughelli North PDP Chairmanship aspirant, Olorogun Udu Omo Scott has empowered Ughelli market women with face Masks, Aprons and Cash worth Ten Thousand Naira each to 100 markets women in Ughelli North.

Amb Scott in Ughelli while presenting Cash, face masks, Aprons to the Ughelli Market women commended the Delta State Governor Sen Ifeanyi Okowa over his support during the lockdown as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic

"Following the Covid-19 pandemic which has closed down many businesses, due to the shutdown/Market shifts, I thought it wise to follow the footstep of the Delta State Governor Sen Ifeanyi Okowa by contributing my own quota to cushioning the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Market women need support of every well meaning Delta because the challenges faced by them are enormous.

You will agree with me that there are no white-collar jobs and our mothers are doing everything possible to support our homes

We must support our market women, Government can not do it alone.

I am calling on well meaning Deltans to join me in support our People who have been affected by COVID-19" He said

Some of the recipients, who spoke, expressed joy at Amb Scott gesture noting that COVID-19 has affected businesses but they are becoming stronger with support from the Delta State government and the Amb Scott Udu

Recall that in the month of April, Chief Amb. Scott Udu distributed food palliatives to Ughelli North residents.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's League Fixtures / Gombe Is Playing Host To Idps, Migrants For Epicentre Of Northeast Crisis- Gov / Breaking: Ekiti State Governor Tests Positive For COVID 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.