Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,710 members, 7,955,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife (461 Views)

What Was Wrong With Adeboye's Advise To His Son? / Daddy Freeze Blasts Leke Adeboye Over 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam' Post / Adeboye's 63rd Birthday Message To David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Faithful4real(m): 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has drawn the ire of feminists on social media over a birthday tribute to his wife.

Adeboye had in a message on Monday praised his wife, Pastor Foluke Adeboye aka Mummy G.O., for her many sacrifices in their marriage.

In the tribute which was also included in the daily devotional, ‘Open Heavens’, Adeboye described his wife as the embodiment of the virtuous woman as described in the biblical book of Proverbs Chapter 31.

Adeboye, who has been married for over 50 years, said his wife still cooks for him and is submissive.

He said many husbands of today misbehave because their wives fail to show them the respect that they deserve.

The pastor wrote, “The husband is the head of the wife. No matter how educated or successful you are, your husband is your head and you must regard him as such at all times. It is a terrible thing for the husband to feel that his wife is his head. Many men are misbehaving in their marriage because they want to establish that they are the head of their wives.

“Also, my wife is my number one fan. She wrote in the book Mathematics of marriage- which we coauthored, that as my help meet she knows she cannot help me without my instructions, so when they come, her response is ‘Yes sir’.

“Busy as she is, she still cooks my meals and serve me herself. Many young ladies these days leave everything to the house help. My wife still trims my nails for me.”

Although the message was well-received by many of Adeboye’s followers, several feminists on social media called out the cleric for promoting patriarchy and male chauvinism.

On Twitter, Adeboye was trending at number one on Tuesday amid the raging controversy.

@_Toseen_ tweeted, “If marriage is going to be how Baba Adeboye described it, then f**k it. I cannot.”

@benxta_ also tweeted, “I can’t believe Adeboye really sat down and found a way to make his wife’s birthday about himself and his power over her. A simple ‘happy birthday my love’ will do next time please.”

@ehssayy stated, “No one turned it into a gender war. It’s your wife’s birthday and yes I know the woman has chosen her path in marriage but if that’s how you praise someone you’re in love with and is supposed to be your wife then it’s just sad.”

“The definition of wife material in our country is a slavery woman. Acts like doll baby you’re a good woman,” @prettyb26275331 tweeted.

However, thousands of Tweeps came out in support of Adeboye.

Social media influencer, Japheth Omojuwa, said it was unfortunate that some youths could attack Adeboye who is a respected cleric.

A tweep, Dipo Awojide, wrote, “Listen to Pastor Adeboye when he speaks. The man is old, wise and experienced. You might not agree with everything he says, but his messages are usually filed with wisdom for those who pay attention.”

@Tifeofficial tweeted, “Normally, women are supposed to be submissive to their husbands. Pastor Adeboye was just stating facts and appreciating his wife for being submissive, so it’s stupid to insult him, when he was just being right. Plus: if he was a terrible husband, submission would have been hard for her.”

Source : https://punchng.com/feminists-at-war-with-adeboye-over-birthday-message-to-wife/

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Goldp5988(f): 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
Really now
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by anibi9674: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2020
The spirit behind feminism is the spirit of rebellion

3 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by hisgrace090: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
Not when people are deserting anyone known as a feminist.
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by godwinstringed1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Spice1: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
The Afonja ladies are jealous of his wife because she's the only Yoruba wife that is submissive to her husband like the Eastern women

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Willy7(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
What is feminism? Nobody should come and tell me it's a gender equality rubbish o, because in Nigeria feminism means bitterness against men by single, lazy, hungry, scornful and societal rejected females with false sense of entitlement. I've never seen a happy feminist.
Just be a man hater and you are qualified as a feminist especially in Nigeria. These are just women missing men.

2 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by seyi360(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
It's pathetic that most women hate to be under any form of control. Liberalism is the albatross destroying many. A deviation from the ancient path of submission and wisdom .

Marriage is not a do or die affair, if you can't humble yourself , marriage is not for you.
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
Why are they attacking him for saying the truth?
These same ladies will say yes sir to their bosses in the office but come here spewing trash and ranting all over the place. That is why marriages don't last any longer these days.

No matter what or how modernization and westernization has changed and influenced a lot of things in our culture, the man is still the head of every African home hence must be treated as thus! If you can't submit to a man, then don't marry. Simple!

All these feminism rubbish is just so annoying and if you check, they can't do without a man. That's to show you God is wiser. So get off your high horses and go back to your original estate, ladies!
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Those frustrated, rejected, dejected bunch of cows should go and take a dive. If any of them has a son they are free to train him on the rudiments of bowing down and kowtowing his wife and leave other normal humans with their business.
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Kobojunkie: 5:30am On Jul 16, 2020
anibi9674:
The spirit behind feminism is the spirit of rebellion
Stop inventing stupidity abeg! There is no such spirit
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Kobojunkie: 5:33am On Jul 16, 2020
seyi360:
It's pathetic that most women hate to be under any form of control. Liberalism is the albatross destroying many. A deviation from the ancient path of submission and wisdom .

Marriage is not a do or die affair, if you can't humble yourself , marriage is not for you.

I have yet to read where institutionalization of equality, particularly gender equality, has maimed or destroyed any people or Nation. undecided

If the ancient path was so good, what are you doing on a computer or driving a car and why are you desirous of the finer things in life, as defined by today's standards? undecided

(1) (Reply)

10 Dangerous Arrows That Drain Anointing In The Lives Of Christians / . / Blacklivematter:is High Time Africa Realize That They’re Not Black -PASTOR CHRIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.