Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse (11776 Views)

PDP's Infighting, Naira Rain, Incumbency Factor, Tinubu Reasons APC Won In Ekiti / Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won / Incumbency Didn’t Save Jonathan, It Won’t Save Obaseki In Edo Election – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Le124(m): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2020
ABUJA: Minister of State, Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva has declared that the All Progressives Congress APC would win the September 19 governorship election in Edo state, dismissing as a ruse, the supposed power of incumbency being wielded by Gov. Godwin Obaseki. Sylva who chairs the Contact and Mobilization Committee of the APC National Campaign Council of the Edo State Governorship Election made the declaration on Tuesday shortly after the inaugural meeting of the committee.

He accused the Peoples Democratic Party PDP of stealing the APC mandate in Bayelsa and Edo, but expressed delight that the situation in Edo occurred just few months to the elections, which he said is another opportunity to return the state to the ruling party.

He said; “All of us in the South-South believe that this election must be won. Edo state is our only APC state in the South-South. A few months ago, as you are all aware, they took Bayelsa State from us through the back door after we won the election and now through the back door again, they have taken Edo state but luckily we have the opportunity of reclaiming Edo state in a few weeks from now and every South-South APC member is of the consensus that we must reclaim Edo. It is our stronghold in the region and therefore we are all geared up, we will all go to Edo state. We want to assure you that you should not entertain any doubt that Edo state will be an APC state very soon come September 19.

“Election is not all about finance. First if you say the power of incumbency, it is an APC incumbency that has been stolen by the PDP. So, that kind of incumbency has a comma and that is why we believe that such incumbency will not work. The Edo people know that Edo state is for APC and I want to assure you that we are in touch with our people in Edo state and we know that we are the dominant party in Edo state and we are going to win this election”.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/timipre-sylva-vows-victory-for-apc-says-obasekis-incumbency-a-ruse/amp/

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by SmartProf(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2020
This is the kind of statement you make just to give some pseudo hope to someone so that he doesn't take to sucide due to depression, seeing that he's being rejected in Edo north already, and this will likely be the story in all of Edo. We will sing a sober hymn of meditation for Ize Iyamu knowing that his situation needs our empathy. Just look at Timipre Sylva who gave the APC Bayelsa guber candidate a deputy with multiple names here talking, instead of writing David Lyon several apology letters shocked

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by bigdammyj: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
Till then, fingers crossed
Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by fergie001: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hahahahaha.......

Make una leave me abeg! grin
Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by ThatFairGuy: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ring/sound it to their hearing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by WATCHOVER(m): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
Mr Timipre Sylva is suffering from Acute depression Syndrome.
What made him think PDP won't fight and win.
I expect Mr. Sylva and other APC Stewarts to channel their Anger on Adams Oshiomhole and stop causing unnecessary tension.
Anything Sylva put his hand is failure, his own candidate on Bayelsa election had what I call a 'triple conflicting name'.
They should leave Edo State alone. Let Godwin Obaseki continue his good works.

Since Obaseki came on board there have been peace in Edo land, Edo people want peace.

Edo State is not Brass.
PDP will defeat APC with a large margin.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by deboysben(m): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Oga go and continue looting in peace as a petroleum minster and leave edo state alone.

20 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Artiiclebeast: 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2020
This crackhead sniffer wey no even know who be him, state governor.

Wonders no go ever end true true.

E want impress him masters say him still dey talk.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Ring/sound it to their hearing
Edolites say no to godfatherism. I was shocked when i saw a moniker post "godfatherism can be a progressive one".

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Unigrad: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2020
Sylvia that couldn't win his election is still talking? God go put APC to shame

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Realerreal: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
This one that Dickson used to clean toilet in BAYELSA is talking. Edo people don suffer.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by wonuks(m): 4:31am On Jul 15, 2020
cheesy
Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by EngineerBode: 4:32am On Jul 15, 2020
Like his own was a ruse

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 15, 2020
What I don’t understand about these politicians is how they give themselves assurance on winning votes forgetting we the masses really decides who to vote.

8 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Kennitrust(m): 4:36am On Jul 15, 2020
People that should be in jail are the king in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by danie09(m): 4:38am On Jul 15, 2020
My verdict on Edo election is .
It's gonna be a victory for the best rigger.

Both PDP and APC badly needs this victory to set an early formula and permutation for 2023 presidential election .
This goes way beyond Obaseki Vs oshiomole Vs ize iyamu.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by IMASTEX: 4:39am On Jul 15, 2020
Hope you've a voter's card & can vote in Edo State?!

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by GboyegaD(m): 4:40am On Jul 15, 2020
This election should come and go. Governors who haven't done well for their states getting concerned about other states do not do so out of concern but for personal glory and greed.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by mannobi(m): 4:40am On Jul 15, 2020
One thing I know is that, Obaseki doesn't have a structure that can control the pdp supporters neither has any of his own from his former party. The little noise makers shouting edo no be Lagos around are the regular nairaland winners who do not even know where a polling boot is located let alone voters card. This nonsense incumbency won't work because the rigging machinery will dance to the tune of their masters in abuja. I see obaseki crying foul after the election. He can pay billions to the so called tax collectors but can he meet the real voters?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by EdoPrince93(m): 4:41am On Jul 15, 2020
Hehehe grin cheesy

For more jokes Text APC TO 419

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Kennitrust(m): 4:41am On Jul 15, 2020
Carchoice:
What I don’t understand about these politicians is how they give themselves assurance on winning votes forgetting we the masses really decides who to vote.
Akpabio once said that, whether you vote for me or not, he will still win.

That's to tell you that we don't de election in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by zikter(m): 4:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Please the way you politicians, especially the PDP and APC are talking this Edo electeions, it is already oozing violence and blood. For once, let innocent blood not be shed in this. it should not be a do or die. Afterall, it is most likely any of you that rigs your way in will still be useless to the masses as usual.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by ttshems(m): 4:44am On Jul 15, 2020
smiley
Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by ozento: 4:44am On Jul 15, 2020
rat want show himself for wey pusycats dey hold conference.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by SmartPolician: 4:45am On Jul 15, 2020
GboyegaD:

This election should come and go. Governors who haven't done well for their states getting concerned about other states do not do so out of concern but for personal glory and greed.

I cannot believe people still speak this NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by allanphash7(m): 4:45am On Jul 15, 2020
Let the war begins
Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 15, 2020
WATCHOVER:
I expect Mr. Sylva and other APC Stewarts to channel their Anger on Adams Oshiomhole and stop causing unnecessary tension.
Anything Sylva put his hand is failure, his own candidate on Bayelsa election had what I call a 'triple conflicting name'.

Since Obaseki came on board there have been peace in Edo land, Edo people want peace.

Edo State is not Brass.
there is always peace in Edo state, obaseki introduced herdsmen to the state

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by TA4TA4: 4:49am On Jul 15, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqycN47cscA

Above is the video where he said it
Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by costandi(m): 4:50am On Jul 15, 2020
All the way from bayelsa?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by blowjohn(m): 4:50am On Jul 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

I cannot believe people still speak this NONSENSE

Should the election go and go?
Or go and come?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by blowjohn(m): 4:51am On Jul 15, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Edo State is not Brass.

Which peace? With all the robbery and stealing and fighting?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse by stayclearofme: 4:52am On Jul 15, 2020
Carchoice:
Which masses? Does your vote count?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps To Include Osinbajo, Malami In Armed Forces Council / Peter Obi: I Am Supportive Of Oil Discovery In North-East / Abia PDP Responsible For Misinformation On My Purported Sack — Alex Otti (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.