Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem (1045 Views)

Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language / Osun State Anthem / Nigerian Idol: Igbo Guys Can't Sing Ooo: Check Out The Ugly Enugu Auditionist! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by naijaway(m): 4:07am On Jun 15, 2007
Many nigerian students can't sing the national anthem and say the national pledge.

I find this troubling but will withold the schools I noticed cuz a lot of other schools are now that way too.
The national anthem and the pledge are supposed to be compulsory in all elementary and secondary schools cuz that is supposed to be one thing every citizen should be able to say.

So do you think that these two important factors needs to be compulsory? and should every government offical be able to say it too.
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by kulaShaker(f): 12:16am On Jun 24, 2007
OYA!
you just can't say something like this and not give those who are ignorant any solution to the problem you raised. I am one pls post the full anthem and pledge let me learn thanks
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic. . . . .

ROFMAOL. . . shocked cheesy cheesy and thats a big bunch of shame. embarassed
[/size]
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by mccloud224(m): 3:47am On Dec 17, 2009
Yeah. . .and so?
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by eddy1977(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
i am guilty of not knowing the national anthem. shame on me; i must learn it.
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2009
grin grin grin you better do ooo. . . . . .
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by rascalo: 5:06pm On Dec 26, 2009
somebody help? To serve Nigeria with all my strength or to serve Nigeria with all my friends
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by Rapmoney(m): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
If una nor get wetin to do make una just dey blow whistle
Or make una go boil granite grin grin grin
Man pikin dey hussle how e go take chop, una dey here dey
talk about national anthem.
Infact, una father!!!
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by mamagee3(f): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2009
Has the problems in Nigeria been solved? undecided
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
In my days,reciting National anthem and pledge is a must do every morning in school,i attended a govt sch and it was same in other govt schools,dont know abt private schools.
rascalo:

somebody help? To serve Nigeria with all my strength or to serve Nigeria with all my friends
rofl
I pledge to Nigeria my country,to be faithful Loyal and honest,to serve 9ja with all my strenght,to defend her unity and uphold her honour and glory,so help me God.
It used to be printed at the back of most exercise books undecided
Re: Just Noticed: Youths Can't Sing The National Anthem by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
[size=13pt]Bu ha ha ha ha ha. . . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy lemmi laff you first , so you're among those people this thread is concerned. wink[/size]
rascalo:

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Northern Gladiators / Calabar Carnival / Do U Love My State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.