Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,125 members, 7,852,834 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate (876 Views)

Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN / Danjuma La’ah: If I Open Up On Bandits Attacking Southern Kaduna Heads Will Roll / Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by CHIOMAEZEH: 1:34am On Jul 15, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PF5IWuLy6U

‘Killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate

* NASS will engage security agencies to upscale efforts to prevent killings, says Lawan

NEWSMAN, Abuja – Senator Danjuma La’ah (PDP – Kaduna South) has lamented the killings in Southern Kaduna and sought urgent security intervention. He raised the alarm at Tuesday’s plenary.

Senator La’ah while coming under order 43 of the Senate Standing Rules, lamented the incessant killing of his people in Kaduna South by suspected armed bandits.

“I wish to bring a request before this Senate, that there is incessant killings in Kaduna South, which I’m seeking the help of the Senate to send military men and police to help us overcome the situation in southern Kaduna.

“It has become a very serious matter that many people are being killed. The situation is very embarrassing and I’m pleading with the National Assembly to request the Federal Government to send the Police and armed men to protect the lives of my people and their property.

“It is unbecoming, as this situation has been on for many years and it has got to this point even though I’ve been complaining.

“The situation as at the other time was calmed down, but it has started again, and I pray the National Assembly will help to provide military men to help the situation,” the lawmaker said.

Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, in his response, expressed the willingness of the National Assembly to engage security agencies with a view to upscaling operations around areas prone to attacks in Kaduna South.

“I will suggest that we talk to the security agencies to upscale their activities around those hot spots in Kaduna, and this is something that we owe the Nigerian people,” Lawan said in a statement by his media office.

Meanwhile, the Senate President on Tuesday referred President Muhammadu Buhari’s request for the confirmation of Mr. John U. Usanga (Akwa Ibom); and Air Commodore Peter Ndabake Gana (Rtd.) (Niger) as Non-Career Ambassadors to the Committee on Foreign Affairs for screening.

Also referred was the nomination of Prof. Umar Danbatta for appointment as Executive Vice Chairman of the Board of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to the Senate Committee on Communications.

The confirmation request of Barr. Ben Umeano (Anambra – South East); Hon. Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma (Edo – South South); and Olayinka Babatunde Balogun (Ogun – South West) as Members of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) was also referred to the Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions.

The Committees are all expected to turn in their reports in two weeks.

SOURCE: https://ournewsman.com/killings-in-southern-kaduna-too-much-to-bear-senator-laah-tells-senate/

Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by Tolani0167(m): 1:40am On Jul 15, 2020
Is high time people in southern Kaduna raise up to defend themselves from this tyranny.
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by donstan18: 1:42am On Jul 15, 2020
It is nothing compared to what a particular Kaduna Midget got in mind for the state.

1 Like

Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by Supan(m): 1:58am On Jul 15, 2020
If you know the kind of genocide going on in Southern Kaduna, you will weep for Nigeria. I urge every Nigeria to stand up for them. These Islamist are just testing out their evil plan for Nigeria on Kaduna, sadly it is working.

Muslim/ Muslim Governorship - success
Chiefdoms to Emirate - success
Ongoing mass killings of christian and indegenes/ media silence - success

With these results from kaduna, Elrufai is constantly pressuring the presidency to take on more daring steps like RUGA.

1 Like

Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by Mysticwebb: 2:21am On Jul 15, 2020
A particular Muslim governor and a Muslim deputy want to wipe out that Christian dominated area.
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by Sixfeetbelle: 4:25am On Jul 15, 2020
They should demand answers from their governor. These killings going on there is not a new thing and that man has always been aware of it, if he isn't the mastermind behind the chaos.
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by realstars: 4:40am On Jul 15, 2020
The Chife Security Of The State Is A Blood Sucker With Blind Ear And Dave Eyes,, And The Only Thing That He Can Do About It Is 2023 Presidential Ambition?
I Know He Is Comfortable About The Killings Becaused The Killers Are His Brothers..
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by Maxymilliano(m): 4:56am On Jul 15, 2020
“It has become a very serious matter that many people are being killed.

I doubt if anyone apart from Buhari is still shocked at the number of killings reported daily by Bandits and insurgents. It has become the norm rather than exception.

Let's wait to hear from lickspittles in the Presidency to give us livescores on recorded numbers of death as at date compared with Jonathan's.

Plantain keeps getting rotten everyday but you want us to believe its ripening.

Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by Chris6music: 5:21am On Jul 15, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by OVB123: 5:57am On Jul 15, 2020
I think, it is high time I left this Country for good. Nowhere in Nigeria is save anymore, not even Abuja - the city of power or Lagos - the commercial nerve of the country, it is pathetic and outrageous to hear and wake up early in the morning and hear the death of people. I'm tire of this country.
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by akaahs(m): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2020
Post like this will never grace front page because is coming from minority. Tribalism and nepotism everywhere.
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by mabea: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
Supan:
If you know the kind of genocide going on in Southern Kaduna, you will weep for Nigeria. I urge every Nigeria to stand up for them. These Islamist are just testing out their evil plan for Nigeria on Kaduna, sadly it is working.

Muslim/ Muslim Governorship - success
Chiefdoms to Emirate - success
Ongoing mass killings of christian and indegenes/ media silence - success

With these results from kaduna, Elrufai is constantly pressuring the presidency to take on more daring steps like RUGA.
You and I know that it is not in any way a religious killing rather ethnic cleansing that's why they can't be stopped as long as this government is concerned.
Re: Video:‘killings In Southern Kaduna Too Much To Bear’, Senator La’ah Tells Senate by sapientia(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
And the Senate President suggested that they talk to security agents..

Chai

(1) (Reply)

See What Court Asked Efcc To Recover From Okorocha And Family / BREAKING: Fayemi Reacts To Emergence Of 2023 Presidential Campaign Posters / Gunmen Break Into Kaduna School, Abduct Students Preparing For Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.