Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

‘I Was Dying’: Woman Who Contracted Coronavirus Spent Month In Coma - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘I Was Dying’: Woman Who Contracted Coronavirus Spent Month In Coma (178 Views)

This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor / Anambra Woman Uses Garden Eggs To Revive Man In Coma Ten Days After / How I Contracted Coronavirus —ondo Governor, Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘I Was Dying’: Woman Who Contracted Coronavirus Spent Month In Coma by vegafbs: 4:24am On Jul 15, 2020
A woman, Vera Blakeney spent a month in a coma after contracting coronavirus, and she was in a hospital for three more months recovering.

Vera Blakeney, 69, said doctors told her the fact that she pulled through was a miracle.

“I could not lift my arms,” the Piedmont Airlines gate agent said. “I could not get out of bed. I could not walk, and I could barely talk. It was a very scary situation.”

Now, Blakeney is back home.

“I’m doing really well,” she said. “My doctors all call me a miracle.”

Blakeney said she was in good health, walked five miles a day and was not on medication.

“It really sent chills through my body to know that I was that close to death,” Blakeney said.

She claimed she began experiencing allergy-like symptoms in March, which soon led to serious shortness of breath.

The family rushed her to the hospital where she was put into a medically induced coma and hooked up to a ventilator for nearly a month before doctors woke her up.

“When they told me the date, I was confused,” Blakeney said. “I was rattled. It was just overwhelming to know that many days had passed, and I had no memory of that.”

She woke up and realized coronavirus had ravaged her body attacking her lungs, blood and kidneys.

She underwent three blood transfusions.

“Normal kidney function is 1 or less. In intensive care, mine was 8.3. I was dying,” Blakeney said. “They told my children that I was dying. They had to wait until my kidneys were normal and blood was normal before I could go home.”

https://theupdates.net/i-was-dying-woman-who-contracted-coronavirus-spends-month-in-coma/

Re: ‘I Was Dying’: Woman Who Contracted Coronavirus Spent Month In Coma by popsy2(m): 6:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Chai

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Can Be Used To Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally Without Drugs? / Scotch Whisky — Johnnie Walker To Be Sold In Paper Bottles For E-health Sake / Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.