Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style (33635 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / Aba, Ngwa, Abiriba And Arochuwkwu Are Ancestral Ibibio Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Isobug: 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
Slimsly100:

Nwanna, mean Abriba people eye their visitors
But why
I'm curious to know biko
Ask them....they know better.

Old tales shaa
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Tinyemeka(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:
Oh! My dear abiriba in Ohafia LGA.

Abia State are lucky to have you in their state, because if not for the existence of Ohafia and Ngwa in Abia state, Abia would have ended up as a 3rd class Igbo state like Ebonyi!

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by oglalasioux(m): 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Abia State are lucky to have you in their state, because if not for the existence of Ohafia and Ngwa in Abia state, Abia would have ended up as a 3rd class Igbo state like Ebonyi!

I keep telling people the racism among Igbos themselves is legend. An Onitsha man will still say same about this Abriba bigot. That's why we can never rule Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by hardcore007: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ishiewo:
you won't understand, boss.
I'm an indigenous Abiribarian; forget Wikipedia second_hand information.

Guy, leave that boy he just wan comment. I’m sure he’s not Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by CHIDOHSKI: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
[quote author=Viciheaka post=91728815][/quote
Your are more chronic liar . With Aba Abia state can't be 3rd Class state. There are bad roads everywhere. There are plenty of bad roads in Lagos and Ogun state. Moreover the most busiest interstate route is Aba to Lagos.
So and eat so that your brain will have some energy to power it.
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Cyoung4real(m): 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

oga you no Igbo person. kogheriri ka onye ara gbago agbago.

1 Like

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Ojukwu24(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
sesan85:
Itu Eye sounds Efik-Ibibio-ish

That's where their ancestors came from, according to their history.
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by SaintBeehot(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2020
MetaPhysical:

There is no rumour about that. There is nothing past about it. Its a continued practice. They are my in-laws, I know. grin
I no want hear say they use you dish pepper soup o.
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Ojukwu24(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Maybe you know more than me and Wikipedia also.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiriba

Abiriba, Ohafia and Nkporo makes up Ohafia LGA. But they are not the same. They have similar culture and even dialect but not the same.

1 Like

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by madridsta007(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Ebonyi you insult is doing stratospherically better in terms of governance, infrastructure, anti-corruption, etc than Abia State.
Unless you want to deceive yourself, you should know this is true.
And hey, I am not even from Ebonyi State.

6 Likes

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by newdawn2017(f): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
Isobug:

Third Class?.......Anyway i'm from Afikpo in Ebonyi and since I was born I have never seen anything different between Abiriba,Ohafia,Arochukwu and Afikpo.

Greetings the same, Languages almost thesame, mode of farming thesame, Tradition thesame(apart from eyeing Visitors...lol undecided), Afikpo people are also modern and Well educated just like you may claim
What of in wealth?? undecided
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by newdawn2017(f): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2020
TriCee:
Abiriba... Dreaded name then
With there ngwa hunts man gang. undecided
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by newdawn2017(f): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

There is a rumour that they are cannibals. But I heard that was in the past.
they still re a cannibal tribe. Disgusting.
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by newdawn2017(f): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
funmike83:
Isialangwa are the human eaters, I remember when I served there. We were warned not to go out alone or move alone
i will not risk my life & seve there, to hell with nysc if i will mot be redeployed then
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by newdawn2017(f): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
Kemistri4:

Sharap

We are playing banter. Igboland is one...

Gerrout
U pathological liar from d pit of hell, sharrap there! Igbos re not one, ve no respect for brotherhood & rw so divided.
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by OruExpress: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
Isobug:

Third Class?.......Anyway i'm from Afikpo in Ebonyi and since I was born I have never seen anything different between Abiriba,Ohafia,Arochukwu and Afikpo.

Greetings the same, Languages almost thesame, mode of farming thesame, Tradition thesame(apart from eyeing Visitors...lol undecided), Afikpo people are also modern and Well educated just like you may claim

this is why I laugh when I see people talk about 'ebonyi igbo' being so difficult to understand and they themselves are from one of these communities (happens often)

1 Like

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by MRV101(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Enachioken nma nma ,
Great kingdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by newdawn2017(f): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Kemistri4:

Like I said gerrout

By the way most of the divisive comments here are made by your brothers pretending to be Igbo...
thats a lie! No one pretends to be Igbo here. igbos re as cowardly as yorubas,
chestbeaters, hencee their attaché by force to gallant & resilient SS .
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by sweetjohn(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Shameless Igbo woman disgracing the Igbo nation exposing how divided the SE was
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by sweetjohn(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Do you know how many years all state in SE take senior Ebonyi state? Ebonyi is one of the recent state created in Nigeria by Abacha. And you want it to be like London overnight. Anyway, the good news is that the state is in the right tracks and is developing at the speed of light... Btw, you are a disgrace to Ndigbo... that is if truly you are an Igbo woman

1 Like

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Kemistri4(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
newdawn2017:
U pathological liar from d pit of hell, sharrap there! Igbos re not one, ve no respect for brotherhood & rw so divided.

Obviously u aren't well

Sorry bro. See a doctor soon...
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Kemistri4(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
newdawn2017:
thats a lie! No one pretends to be Igbo here. igbos re as cowardly as yorubas,
chestbeaters, hencee their attaché by force to gallant & resilient SS .

See a doctor bro. As soon as possible...
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by LLobiorah: 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Thank God you are black!! Ode!
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Okikaneseokwu: 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
Over 600 years tradition,while the territory Nigeria is 106 years.And someone is vehemently defending the man made fraud called Nigeria.Biafra must be free because we are older than Britain that created Nigeria .
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by mabea: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
Pacesetter123:
You people should tell me something..ooo so dat wen I travel,I know wer n wer to enter..oo.
Imagine! In dis 21st century?
I presume you're from the west because you lots and paranoid are inseparable. There is nothing like cannabalism there. All that was in centuries past.
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by mabea: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
OruExpress:

this is why I laugh when I see people talk about 'ebonyi igbo' being so difficult to understand and they themselves are from one of these communities (happens often)
You are not far from the truth. I was in a company of friends somewhere, a mix of Yoruba, igbo and urhobo and one igbo lady from owerre made a derogatory statement against the ebonyians claiming that they are not igbos. So when I asked her why she said that their language is difficult to understand then I reminded her that owerri, mbaise and few others from imo are also difficult to understand. Then I asked her, if they aren't igbos also and she was ashamed

1 Like

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Shut up.

U dont don't know anything about igbo land or ebonyi state
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

There is a rumour that they are cannibals. But I heard that was in the past.

All humans were cannibals at one point in history.

They usually eat their enemies during war, not as part of nutrition.
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Abiriba1stson: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

Maybe you know more than me and Wikipedia also.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiriba

Abiriba, Ohafia and Nkporo are in Ohafia LGA but we are different from Ohafia.

1 Like

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by comrChris(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
Isobug:

are you minding that fool
I'm from Afikpo too, there's no community in Nigeria Afikpo can not compete with in terms of education and civilization.
These good for nothing people come online to talk trash all the time just to get likes

1 Like

Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by hisgrace090: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
kozmokaz:

It’s Igbo

Thanks!
Re: Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style by Ishiewo: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
MRV101:
Enachioken nma nma ,
Great kingdom.
nwanne'm kaaa wooo!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Becheve: Cross River Community Where Unborn Baby Girls Are Betrothed To Aged Men / Ibrahim Dasuki Is Dead / Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.