Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why Agbaje Is Suing Uba For 150million Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Agbaje Is Suing Uba For 150million Naira (292 Views)

“jimi Agbaje Is A Cancer In Lagos PDP.- Chief Layi Ogunbambi / Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos / Lagos State: Agbaje Is Wasting His Time And Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Agbaje Is Suing Uba For 150million Naira by PlugCentral: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2020
Exposed! REAL REASONS STELLA AGBAJE IS SUING UBA FOR 150MILLION NAIRA

40. In a desperate bid to escape from the stigma and shame of the neighborhood where I was taken to search my sister's house, I left for Ibadan, being the family house of my parents where I had to further consult another doctor since I was still not better.

41. The Doctor at Kola Adekola Clinic, Ibadan who attended to me prescribed some drugs whilst placing me under observation and regular medical checkups. The Prescription Sheet from Kola Adekola Clinic, Ibadan is attached and marked Exhibit J & G 3.

42. After the ordeal, I became so traumatized that I developed severe difficulty in breathing. For a very long time I could only breath easily with the aid of an inhaler and I made several frequent visits to the hospital for check-ups, tests and treatments and was placed on medication to restore me to full health.

43. Despite not having fully recuperated, I returned to work hoping to salvage my reputation, however, no mention was made of the incident neither was there any comment on the purportedly missing funds from any quarter of the 1st Respondent confirming my strong belief that there was no reasonable and probable cause for making the report to the Police.

44. The effects of the calamitous event to my extended family particularly my sister and her family whom I live with, and to my person include shock, loss of my reputation amongst my peers, neighbours, and the general public having knowledge of this incidence particularly the fear of circulation in the social media of the event by witnesses on the fateful day which exacerbates the risk of trauma I daily experience.

45. I now always carry the emotional, mental, psychological, and psychic baggage/scars with a tag of ‘thief’, seemingly following me about.

46. Further to the above, the following are some of the other effects:

(a) Inability to form close satisfying relationships;
(b) Experiencing terrifying memories such as nightmares and flashbacks;
(c) Outright avoidance of social media;
(d) Emotional numbness;
(e) Avoidance of public gatherings, all banking institutions, objects, scenes, or events that are reminders of the calamity;
(f) Disposition to soliloquizing and loss of touch with present;
(g) Intermittent chest pain;
(h) Difficulty in breathing;
(i) Fear of blackmail on social media

47. The above-named manifestations are inappropriate and disproportionate to reality and are a nagging cause for concern to me.
48. Even with the best psychological treatment and other professional help I sought, this has not abated as I now always carry the emotional, mental, psychological, and psychic scars, since that fateful day in February 2019.

49. Regrettably, since the sad occurence when I was taken to the Police Station till now, not one word has been said about the alleged missing N1,000,000.00 or the outcome of any investigation carried out as to erase my now blemished record, profile and personality.

50. Until the unfortunate incident, I worked diligently for the 1st Respondent over a 12 years period without blemish of any kind and do not in any way deserve the kind of dehumanizing and inhumane treatment meted out to me.

51. Quite contrary to its code of ethics and professionalism, the 1st Respondent has failed to live up to its responsibilities pertaining to the just and fair discharge of its duties to me. A copy of the Code of Ethics and Professionalism in UBA & Information Confidentiality is attached and marked as Exhibit J&G 4.

52. Till date, there has been no word from the 1st Respondent which creates doubt as to whether any money was missing in the first place which means I was made to suffer for no just cause.

53. No written apology has been tendered for the traumatic experience I was made to go through and no proper step has been taken to compensate me for the trauma and humiliation I suffered in the hands of the Respondents.

54. I later engaged the Law Firm of Jireh & Greys Attorneys to write a letter on my behalf to the 1st Respondent, to express my displeasure at the way I was arrested, harassed, detained and tortured. The copy of the said letter to the 1st Respondent dated February 13, 2019, received by the Bank on February 14, 2019 is hereby attached and marked as Exhibit “J&G 5”.

55. The office of the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, the office of the Vice President, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), the Police Service Commission, the Inspector General of Police, the National Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) were all served with a copy of the said letter. Copies of the response from NHRC and CBN are attached and marked ‘Exhibits J&G 6 & 7’ respectively.

56. Despite the interventions of the NHRC and CBN in their respective letters referred to above, the 1st Respondent still failed to take any step to meet with me or my lawyers to fashion out a way to finally resolve the matter.

57. My solicitors had to write further letters to the CBN and NHRC and further reminders to the 1st Respondent before the 1st Respondent took a step in an attempt to meet me or my Solicitors. Copies of the letters are attached and marked ‘Exhibits J&G 8 (i), (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v)’.

58. When the situation became too worrisome for me and I could not cope with working with the 1st respondent as I was constantly under surveillance and looked at with suspicion by colleagues since the 1st Respondent failed to clear the air on the issue of the purportedly missing sum of money, I had no choice but to tender my resignation letter on July 29, 2019.

59. To further compound my woes, the 1st Respondent on November 5, 2019 deducted the sum of N25,962.63 (Twenty-Five Thousand, Nine Hundred and Sixty-Two Naira, Sixty-Three Kobo) from my account under the guise of what they referred to as ‘Net Indebtedness’ when in fact I never owed the 1st Respondent any debt.
D. Reliefs Sought By Applicant
60. Till date, the Respondents have not made moves to remedy the wrong done to me, which is tantamount to a violation of my Fundamental Human Rights as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

61. I eventually had no other choice than to resign from my position with the Bank as a result of the traumatic experience and the dent to my career in the Banking sector spanning over a decade; regrettably in order to further intimidate me, compound my woes and deprive me of my entitlements, my letter of resignation is still pending and yet to be acknowledged by the 1st Respondent.

62. The 1st Respondent in a bid to browbeat me into a state of helplessness proceeded on 5th of November, 2019 to empty my UBA Account No. 1011357499 by debiting same of my remaining balance of the sum of N25,962.63 (Twenty-Five Thousand, Nine Hundred and Sixty-Two Naira, Sixty-Three Kobo) for no reason.

63. This application is not frivolous as the 1st Respondent’s did not deem it fit that I appear before any internally constituted disciplinary authority to determine my culpability before spearheading my harassment and torture.

64. It will be in the interest of justice to grant this application.

65. I depose to this affidavit in good faith, conscientiously believing same to be true and in accordance with the Oaths Act.

……………………
DEPONENT
Sworn to at the Federal High Court Registry, Abeokuta,
this ____ day of ___________ 2020

BEFORE ME

COMMISSIONER FOR OATHS

She is suing United Bank for Africa, UBA for One Hundred and Fifty Million naira (N150m) for damages.

Re: Why Agbaje Is Suing Uba For 150million Naira by black9: 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2020
She is suing United Bank for Africa, UBA for One Hundred and Fifty Million naira (N150m) for damages.[/quote]

Suing UBA for what?

Abeg mk I talk to your lawyer mk we sabi as we go take sue them together o. Dem just dey debit my account anyhow grin

(1) (Reply)

Second Niger Bridge, Lagos- Ibadan, Roads Can’t Be Completed Under Buhari ― Reps / President Muhammadu Buhari Currently Meeting With Former President, Goodluck Jon / Famous Notorious Criminals That Can Never Be Forgotten In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.