Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Myth Of Being A CEO - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Myth Of Being A CEO (497 Views)

How To Act Like A CEO At Your Job Even Though You Are An Employee / Lady Reveals Chat Between Her And A CEO Who Wanted Her For Sex (PHOTO) / Timilehin Bello, Meet Media Panache Nigeria CEO: "I Enjoy Being My Own Boss" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Myth Of Being A CEO by Faith063: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2020
The Nigerian system portrays a believe that if one is not a business owner/ CEO, then he's nothing. Is it a misconception or the truth
They say:

When you work for someone,
You are told what jobs to do,
How to do them,
When to do them,
Where to do them,
Who are they for, and
Who to do them with.
In all remember you don't have access to the profits of the job,you are only giving what pleases the owner

My views though

The market/client (who might be working for another firm) determines what a business owner does.
A client set a deadline for a CEO to get his job done and the business owner replicate same to his staffs and much more

It only seems the system is rotating, anywhere you find yourself within the system, don't envy others, not everyone can be CEO and if you can, work towards becoming one with all reasonableness
As a worker/staff, be diligent at your work, it all comes with its own gain.

What do you think??
Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by Karlifate: 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2020
You make sense.

The truth is that, some people will perform better when they're at the subordinate position, while some are better at leadership position.

Everyone should identify their strengths & weaknesses, to know where they will function best.

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by Faith063: 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
Karlifate:
You make sense.
The truth is that, some people are will perform better when they're at the subordinate position while some are better at leadership position.
Everyone should identify their strengths & weaknesses to know where they will function best.

Yes Absolutely
Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by Timidek(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
Yes... You're absolutely right, that's most people mentality

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by Faith063: 9:21am On Jul 18, 2020
Yes
Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by Faith063: 7:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
Still valuable
Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by darfay: 1:56am On Aug 01, 2020
You as with millions of Nigerians are confusing entrepreneurs/ business owners with CEO. For you to be the Chief executive officer, they must be other executive officers who are in some way major stakeholders not necessarily shareholders. Infact CEO and entrepreneurs are not always mutually inclusive, most CEOs aren't even owners of the business eg MTN Nigeria An entrepreneur can still grow their businesses to become CEOs. Most young girls on IG selling makeup, slippers etc are always calling themselves CEO and I just LOL

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by Faith063: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
darfay:
You as with millions of Nigerians are confusing entrepreneurs/ business owners with CEO. For you to be the Chief executive officer, they must be other executive officers who are in some way major stakeholders not necessarily shareholders. Infact CEO and entrepreneurs are not always mutually inclusive, most CEOs aren't even owners of the business eg MTN Nigeria An entrepreneur can still grow their businesses to become CEOs. Most young girls on IG selling makeup, slippers etc are always calling themselves CEO and I just LOL

Uhmmm, I concur
Re: The Myth Of Being A CEO by Olusola31: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Very correct

(1) (Reply)

Free Airtime Giveaway � ��� / 4 Jobs Abroad That Requires No Certification / Urgent!, Please I Need To Know All About Living At Awka Currently..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.