Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,433 members, 7,843,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP (8673 Views)

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes / 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by onyeokwu: 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2011
you and bakare better go to chris to cure your betrayal spirit and cast out the dominating demons in you
olodo
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2011
which chris? the one who sold tickets for church attendance on new year's eve?

men i'll rather deliver myself from the hands of GEJ and PDP. My thumb will do that
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2011
onye_okwu:

you and bakare better go to chris to cure your betrayal spirit and cast out the dominating demons in you
olodo

What betrayal spirit?? So, all yorubas should support GEJ because OBJ endorsed him and not because of what he can do Yet it is the same idi.ots like you that would say, "we should not vot based on ethnicity but on merit". Yet, it's foolish people like you that would be the first to lament about corruption and the state of infrastructures in the country. How can we progress with these sort of people?? How?
Btw,do you know the difference between political parties?? So if the yorubas in ACN do not endorse GEJ, it means all yorubas including the ones in PDP that voted for him during his primaries are against GEJ Do you think at all
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2011
onye_okwu:

olodo

[b]Ol'boy, come back online and face your stupi.dity in your post!!! Ode oshi![/b]I mean, guys, take at the crap this guy is spewing out?!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by yommyuk: 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2011
My concern is not about the choice of Bakare. My concern is about what the ticket has to offer Nigerians and this what we should be dwelling on. As long as you meet the Nigerian constitutional requirements for the office of the president of the FRN, you can run. But the electorate need to know what they have to offer. Let's stop dwelling on trivialities like "how can pastor run for office". We should be concerned with "how can this pastor solve the problems facing nigerians". We should care less about their religious affiliations and ask if these guys will uphold the freedom to choose and practice whatever religion you choose as an individual. I'm talking about issues here and not trivialities. I ask that you do one thing: please ask yourself if you know where all these presidential candidates stand on on issues that affect nigerians and how they plan (i mean specifics) on solving them. I'd be glad if you could enlighten me on this. I do need this before going to the polls.

In reference to the bolded above, your guess, concerns and hope is as good as mine.

My point in my previous post was based on Buhari reaching out to a NON-MUSLIM which according to history is not the Normal/Usual  political mergers in Nigeria. Thia shows that Buhari is ready to reach out.

A good start in my opinion. cool
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Probity100: 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
I dont think we need to use some offensive words against one another. If you are supporter of Buhari or GEJ, you need to convince us why GEJ or Buhari needs to be voted period.

Well, in my own view, Buhari spirit is high in making nigeria great nation. He has even went further to choose a reknown pastor as running mate, proving that he is not religiously inclined but he has not tell us how long will take him to provide all the necessary necessities- Amenities.

GEJ, the first man from the minority Ijaw to vie for presidency. He has affirmed to the world that he would not contest for 2015 election. He will provide stable electricity in his sigle term. He has successfuly created a good atmosphere for fair play and even went further to say he will relinquish power for whosoever wins. Our image has improved worldwide for his simplicity.

Lets give the minority a chance to see what they have to offer. Now, I believe we want personalty and not party. Let us prove GEJ wrong/right by allowing his single term. It will take Buhari more than one term to have excellent reforms. So, why not vote for someone who has started the reforms that will be completed in one term.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2011
Probity100:

I dont think we need to use some offensive words against one another. If you are supporter of Buhari or GEJ, you need to convince us why GEJ or Buhari needs to be voted period.

Well, in my own view, Buhari spirit is high in making nigeria great nation. He has even went further to choose a reknown pastor as running mate, proving that he is not religiously inclined but he has not tell us how long will take him to provide all the necessary necessities- Amenities.

GEJ, the first man from the minority Ijaw to vie for presidency. He has affirmed to the world that he would not contest for 2015 election. He will provide stable electricity in his sigle term. He has successfuly created a good atmosphere for fair play and even went further to say he will relinquish power for whosoever wins. Our image has improved worldwide for his simplicity.

Lets give the minority a chance to see what they have to offer. Now, I believe we want personalty and not party. Let us prove GEJ wrong/right by allowing his single term. It will take Buhari more than one term to have excellent reforms. So, why not vote for someone who has started the reforms that will be completed in one term.

My brother, no vex jor! The guy was just yarning opacks!!! I was for Buhari but right now, I want to see Buhari's manifesto before I judge.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by asha80(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2011
how many igbos get 2 wives 10 children. bros, stop believing that fantasy even my father painted to me on northern population. they marry many wives, get many children. atiku the educated one has 5 wives and 27 children. this is the secret of their population my friend.

Genbuhari.

the above na just to satisfy your mind sey u no wetin u dey yarn?and i guess when you talk north you mean they have a larger population than south abi?
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2011
Probity100:

I don't think anyone can tell us how long it will take to provide ALL THE AMENITIES. Anyone who does that is only BLOWING HOT AIR UP YOUR ARSE.

Probity100:

Two things I don't care about. I don't give a darn if he is from a minority group or not, and I really don't care if he will run in 2015 or not. So, all that does not help convince me or many out there.

Jonathan DID NOT make the promise to provide stable electricity in his first term. Don't now lie to us on his behalf . .  lol. He hasn't actually created the atmosphere YET. As I recall, that is to happen, sometime in June of this year, so let's not get ahead of ourselves please.

How did you come to the claim that our image has improved worldwide? You mean securitywise? Investment? How exactly?

Probity100:

What minority? Jonathan is from the Majority Party that has ruled for the past 12 years. Sure, we want personality and so far, this personality has, show he is not really up to the task considering in over a year( starting as AP, and then moving on to Presidency), his term is likely not going to be much different from what he gave us when he served as Governor.

I disagree with your assertion that it will take Buhari more than one term to have excellent reforms. That is a false claim since it is not based on anything but mainly your bias here. Reform shouldn't take a more than a whole term for anyone who seriously wants to turn things around in Nigeria. If anything, his past example shows it probably will not take him that long since, within six months of the Buhari-Idiaghon regime taking office, average Nigerians were affected by change made by the regime in one way or the other.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by asha80(m): 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I don't think anyone can tell us how long it will take to provide ALL THE AMENITIES. Anyone who does that is only BLOWING HOT AIR UP YOUR ARSE.

Two things I don't care about. I don't give a darn if he is from a minority group or not, and I really don't care if he will run in 2015 or not. So, all that does not help convince me or many out there.

Jonathan DID NOT make the promise to provide stable electricity in his first term. Don't now lie to us on his behalf . .  lol. He hasn't actually created the atmosphere YET. As I recall, that is to happen, sometime in June of this year, so let's not get ahead of ourselves please.

How did you come to the claim that our image has improved worldwide? You mean securitywise? Investment? How exactly?

What minority? Jonathan is from the Majority Party that has ruled for the past 12 years. Sure, we want personality and so far, this personality has, show he is not really up to the task considering in over a year( starting as AP, and then moving on to Presidency), his term is likely not going to be much different from what he gave us when he served as Governor.

I disagree with your assertion that it will take Buhari more than one term to have excellent reforms. That is a false claim since it is not based on anything but mainly your bias here. Reform shouldn't take a more than a whole term for anyone who seriously wants to turn things around in Nigeria. If anything, his past example shows it probably will not take him that long since, within six months of the Buhari-Idiaghon regime taking office, average Nigerians were affected by change made by the regime in one way or the other.

you are comparing a military regime where everything is done by fiat to what we have now?
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Feb 05, 2011
asha 80:

you are comparing a military regime where everything is done by fiat to what we have now?

Hence the reason why I used to word PROBABLY. IBB and Abacha regimes did not achieve similar even under military. If I remember well, it was towards the end of the Abacha regime that people at the base actually actually living in fear of the administration(change took that long to get to the base).

Also considering we still have our Government parastatals answering to the Federal, as we had it back during the military years, it makes sense that changes at the federal level can still trickle down quickly.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by birdman(m): 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2011
When GEJ first decided to run for office, I was jubilant. It seemed like he was a born administrator, and a different kind of PDP leader. I have been proven wrong over and over again. Two things marked my turning point from GEJ:
1. Allowing the importation o f petty goods which is sure to kill budding local industries. This move makes SAP (for those of you old enough) look like child's play. Having a goldman sachs exec as finance minister probably doesnt help. Ppl like Aganga have allegiance only to GDP and profit, the local people be damned.

2. When the independence day bombing happened, GEJ was the first to say he is "SURE" it wasnt MEND. How did he know that? What links does he have with this group? One thing is for sure, there are a couple of skeletons in GEJs closet with regards to Niger delta militants.

If someone thinks voting with common sense, is betrayal spirit, I feel sorry for them. Your ignorance will be your undoing.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Irelander: 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2011
-Is not about who has the best idea, but who has the best track record of implementing them

-We have to look beyond tribalism and elect the best party/candidate who has a proven record of fear of God, shown love for the country, and who cares for their people, this is fundamental

-Other parties should be given a chance. We have seen examples of this all over the world. in the USA the Democrats prevailed which paved the way for Obama after a decade of reign from the republican party, same can be said for the Conservative and labour govts in England,etc

People want politicians to be accountable for their decisions and people would exercise their voting right against the failing party -Its seems the PDP are a party for the rich and after over a decade of failed policy, other parties should be given a chance if they are capable

-And who said Buhari / Bakare don't have their ideas? is that not why they are calling for a debate to put forward their plans? why not wait for the debate before forming your opinion

-While i haven't made up my mind about who is the ideal candidate, i believe the above are the benchmark we should be aspiring towards
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by 10cirenoh: 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2011
@asha

It doesn't matter, what matters is that he has the will to do it, and being the president, he can influence alot of things in the HOA, with him in government house, alot of progressives are likely to make it to the HOA, HOR, SG e.t.c
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by asha80(m): 12:00am On Feb 06, 2011
10cirenoh:

@asha

It doesn't matter, what matters is that he has the will to do it, and being the president, he can influence alot of things in the HOA, with him in government house, alot of progressives are likely to make it to the HOA, HOR, SG e.t.c

what is the gurauntee that he is going to win?
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Feb 06, 2011
Ofcourse there is no guarantee that he will win.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2011
Asha, who do you support ?
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Feb 06, 2011
^^^ You wey you dey ask , no be bounce around you still dey play?? Lol .

One minute you are all on why everyone should vote one candidate, the next you tell us that things changed in Nigerian politics and so you need to switch to another side. lol
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ You wey you dey ask , no be bounce around you still dey play?? Lol .

One minute you are all on why everyone should vote one candidate, the next you tell us that things changed in Nigerian politics and so you need to switch to another side. lol

No be "bounce around" i dey anymore sha. I have come to realise that we have to be impartial and truthful when electing our president regardless of the ethnic group, political party or religious orientation. I have decided to wait for all their manifestos before I declare any support. I just want to know who he was supporting, thats all.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Probity100: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2011
@Kobojunkie
It seems you dont understand my view. Firstly, politicians are liars, agreed! but I really want you to weigh certainties in the midst of uncertainties.

During Buhari military regime, things were enforced and people were controlled. The then military governors who took direct order from Idiagbon/Buhari dared not misbehave because of miitary powers above. Now, 2011, we are in democratic government where state govt drag issues with federal in court and etc.

Buhari cannot key-in considering the level challenges we have now. Though he can state in principle what is obtainable but I dont see them being implemented in one term. Even Bakare cannot withstand the heat of the polity.

GEJ will set us on the right track, then the messiah we come thereafter. Though GEJ may not successfully execute all promises but the standard will be set. Open-mined and sincere hearts will join politics by his virtue. Then the messiah will come.Even now, his dispensation has made people to focus on our politics unlike when some dogmatic self-centred miscreants were ruling us.

Am sorry to say this, Buhari group cannot make this changes now maybe 2015 he will
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 12:22am On Feb 06, 2011
Probity100:

then the messiah we come thereafter.

LOL. That is if there is still a Nigeria. The situation is so volatile.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Feb 06, 2011
Probity100:

@Kobojunkie
It seems you dont understand my view. Firstly, politicians are liars, agreed! but I really want you to weigh certainties in the midst of uncertainties.

I am sorry but I don't buy into the ALL POLITICIANS ARE LIARS mentality, so no, it does not help.

Probity100:

During Buhari military regime, things were enforced and people were controlled. The then military governors who took direct order from Idiagbon/Buhari dared not misbehave because of miitary powers above. Now, 2011, we are in democratic government where state govt drag issues with federal in court and etc.

You forgot to mention that NOW, in 2011, Governors, not only have to answer to the courts(GOVERNMENT) but the PEOPLE. So, essentially, there is still control OVER Government, only now the People have more of that power to themselves. That is really all that changed.

Probity100:

Buhari cannot key-in considering the level challenges we have now. Though he can state in principle what is obtainable but I dont see them being implemented in one term. Even Bakare cannot withstand the heat of the polity.

What level of challenges are you speaking of? I think you confuse what we have today with what should be. The only level of challenges that Government will face is that from people, and Government getting it's act together to actually do what needs to be done. Apart from that, there are really no challenges IF Government truly wants to get job done. Look to Lagos, Rivers, Enugu for examples.

Probity100:

GEJ will set us on the right track, then the messiah we come thereafter. Though GEJ may not successfully execute all promises but the standard will be set. Open-mined and sincere hearts will join politics by his virtue. Then the messiah will come.Even now, his dispensation has made people to focus on our politics unlike when some dogmatic self-centred miscreants were ruling us.

He will? When? When dogs fly? I am sorry you are not making claims that are not based on reality. So far, he has managed to put most everything OFF to the future. Except for the Power Reform which only means that Private companies will be able to get in on Power generation without much hinderance from the Federal Government(this will probably mean we will have to wait another year or two for investors to seriously get in, and maybe another 4 to six years before we start seeing serious improvements to our supply).

Messiah will come? You assume I buy into the Messiah mentality? ROFLMAO!!!! No Open-minded individual believes in a messiah of the kind you describe, I am sorry. It is all for people who are easily led.

Probity100:

Am sorry to say this, Buhari group cannot make this changes now maybe 2015 he will

I am sorry but your views so far are non factual and biased. I understand why you feel you need to offer them but honestly, I prefer you apply facts when giving us more of this.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Probity100: 12:45am On Feb 06, 2011
@kobojunkie
GEJ has already won the heart of many. Opinion poll has placed him above all candidates.
If you in the country, you will understand better.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by soldee: 12:49am On Feb 06, 2011
LIAR!!!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Feb 06, 2011
Probity100:

@kobojunkie
GEJ has already won the heart of many. Opinion poll has placed him above all candidates.
If you in the country, you will understand better.

That he has won the hearts of many in Nigeria and maybe Opinion polls place him above all(this is me pretending you are right, considering poll after poll that I have seen seems to show he is not the favourite), it still does not mean he is the right candidate for this country. Nor does it mean any of all you have said of him is true.

So far,we know for a fact that we are already about a year into Goodluck Jonathan's test presidency(according to some) and there is still no indication that Change is happening on the scale we expect it to(especially when we measure against how many billions we have spent over said period). He has managed to spend the bulk of his administration campaigning for re-election( and I suspect using our resources as well for this)so, yes I understand why people (many of whom cannot even tell where the man really stands on any issue without needing to LIE) may believe he is the best for them even after all that, I just don't see how he can be.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Probity100: 12:56am On Feb 06, 2011
@Kobojunkie
Have you ever thought why ACF has changed tune considering supporting GEJ instead of Buhari? why APGA has adopted GEJ?

Let me just tell you the truth. People are going to vote for someone that gave them the previlegde for their vote to be count simple.

Oh sorry, may I ask, have you registered? grin

@soldee
Prove me wrong!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Feb 06, 2011
Probity100:

@Kobojunkie
Have you ever thought why ACF has changed tune considering supporting GEJ instead of Buhari? why APGA has adopted GEJ?

I have and it is probably because they feel it is in their interest to align themselves, not necessarily with the best party but with the winning Party. This one can easily summise from the fact that APGA, has in the period before the election been canvassing to get PDP party members to join their group. Even Dora who quit PDP only some weeks ago is now NEEDING to align herself with the same Party, probably to get themselves votes(rigs whichever is neccessary) to maintain relevance.

Probity100:

Let me just tell you the truth. People are going to vote for someone that gave them the previlegde for their vote to be count simple.

That is not the truth. That again is you MANUFACTURING truth out of thing air!! You seem to do that a lot too!!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Probity100: 1:14am On Feb 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I have and it is probably because they feel it is in their interest to align themselves, not necessarily with the best party but with the winning Party. This one can easily summise from the fact that APGA, has in the period before the election been canvassing to get PDP party members to join their group. Even Dora who quit PDP only some weeks ago is now NEEDING to align herself with the same Party, probably to get themselves votes(rigs whichever is neccessary) to maintain relevance.

Gbam! The winning party of course. grin. So, you agree that she know quite alright PDP is winning the April poll.

Well, GEJ will win. 2015 will be based grossly on personalty and not party because ACF has started planning PDP Atiku 2015
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On Feb 06, 2011
Probity100:

Gbam! The winning party of course. . So, you agree that she know quite alright PDP is winning the April poll.

Well, GEJ will win. 2015 will be based grossly on personalty and not party because ACF has started planning PDP Atiku 2015

Well, that I think APGA has decided PDP will sweep the polls come April does not mean that I consider PDP the winning party.
No, we are yet to know how the people will vote if we have a free and fair election but it is also safe to assume we might not have a free and fair election come April. So, far, it seems people tend to vote against PDP when allowed to vote freely(eg. Ekiti, Anambra, Edo), so we are still to see what will happen, but I am yet to be convinced that the rigging machine will not be in use come April.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Probity100: 1:29am On Feb 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, that I think APGA has decided PDP will sweep the polls come April does not mean that I consider PDP the winning party.
No, we are yet to know how the people will vote if we have a free and fair election but it is also safe to assume we might not have a free and fair election come April. So, far, it seems people tend to vote against PDP when allowed to vote freely(eg. Ekiti, Anambra, Edo), so we are still to see what will happen, but I am yet to be convinced that the rigging machine will not be in use come April.

My brother, there will be no rigging. People will vote GEJ. Have you forgotten 1999 poll? AC won Governship and PDP Presidential in some south west sates. So, same thing will repeat itself.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Feb 06, 2011
Probity100:

My brother, there will be no rigging. People will vote GEJ. Have you forgotten 1999 poll? AC won Governship and PDP Presidential in some south west sates. So, same thing will repeat itself.

That was not about AC, nope, not at all. Anambra is not AC. Again, we are to see if Rigging will occur or not.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Probity100: 1:46am On Feb 06, 2011
@kobojunkie
Well, let see. But I will be the first to remind you these discussions come end of April by God's grace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings / Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters / New Rivers APC Chairman, Ojukaye Has Violent Tendencies – PDP Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.