Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? (5874 Views)

Tribunal Admits Tinubu’s Chicago University Education Record, US Visa As Exhibit / Relist Nigeria As A Violator Of Religious Freedom, US Senators Write Biden / Campaign In Mecca, Desecration Of Religious Sanctuary – NAHCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by ChoCho54(f): 11:17am On Jul 19, 2020
kayfra:

Bad grammar Omo Ibo
Grammar no be money....Shina Peters
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by OFFICIAL336: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2020
Sammy07:

You're in Lagos and Lagos is the beginning and end of Yoruba land.

You're just simply pained.
Or probably you outsides made that decision.
Lagos is not a Yoruba state, be guided.

Throw tantrum when you see me in Ogbomosho.
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

You're in Lagos and Lagos is the beginning and end of Yoruba land.

You're just simply pained.
Or probably you outsides made that decision.
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

yes, CAN is also an organization, we also have penticoastals organization too
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Oga, how many times will we tell you that, Yorubas are thinkers, we don't all think in the same way, there will be many people that will not think like that and will opt in for another possible solution.

The likes of kanu cannot control 1000, Yorubas, that the truth!

That Anglican and catholic dominate east doesn't mean they two are the best.

Shey Catholics that bow down to Mary or Anglican that faces the pulpit and bow down sometimes.
I went to Anglican so I know what I'm saying, tho they're very much preferable than Catholics.

And by the way, Yorubas ain't the one that started penticostals.
So what exactly are you saying?
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

MelesZenawi should read this.
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Sammy07: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

Lagos is not a Yoruba state, be guided.

Throw tantrum when you see me in Ogbomosho.

Lol, it's what then?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Lol, it's what then?
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

cared to explain how they did that?
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Sammy07: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2020
Cancel this too
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Sammy07: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2020
Queen500
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Sammy07: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2020
ChoCho54:
You and 7lives should actually take this test to fellow Yorubas here who can't even speak the language talkless of writting it, and not to an Igbo Jew mooslim like myself!

I read and understood what you wrote but won't give you a translation. tongue

Lol
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:31am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:
Cancel this too
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Lol, after you've asked your Yoruba friends.
Answer me nah.

The answer is simple. grin

What you wrote isn't correct grin
Stop using Google translator grin
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

You're a Yoruba right?

What is the meaning of this statement

Oba waja
Akara ti tu sinu epo

And again, there is nothing like Yoruba Muslims or Yoruba Christians grin
I keep telling you, you can't divide Yorubas along religious lines cool, find another means.
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2020
Sammy07:
Queen500
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 11:45am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:
Tranquility360, don't run away nah grin come and answer my question.

Shebi, you are Yoruba? grin

Or, you went to ask your Yoruba friends grin
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Daddysidhan: 11:58am On Jul 19, 2020
It's because of our extraordinary exemplary sophistication, we are different from the rest in Africa as a whole.
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Gbam!
End of discussion.
I too, usually visit our traditional festivals in Ondo here esp Ogun festival cheesy

Again, thunder fire religious fanatics.
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by ThatFairGuy: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
stonemasonn:
Most ethnic groups in Nigeria are religious tolerant including Igbos, Hausa and Fulani.

The problem is the spread of fanatical Islam from Saudi/Egypt.

Igbos spread outside southern Nigeria are actually open minded.
Crap. Even the level of intolerance of Igbos to ANYTHING Islam is known here on NL.
Meanwhile, what do you know about Islam that you're calling mode of Islam is Saudi fanatical?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by ChoCho54(f): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
oyatz:
As a matter of fact, most Yorubas (whether they go to church or mosques) haven't discarded their Traditional beliefs. They just modified them.

It took me many years to fully understand this concept.
Simply put, it took you many years to begin to question your abrahamic religion grin
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by ThatFairGuy: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Queen500:
[s][/s]
God bless your new Monika MA'AM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Keep shut the 2nd one is incorrect.
Which trouble? grin

You're not a Yoruba girl.
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by 7lives: 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Keep shut the 2nd one is incorrect.
Which trouble? grin

You're not a Yoruba girl.

grin grin cheesy The jig is out, at least she got one.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

grin, igbo girl has learnt Yoruba.
But it's incorrect, it means the secret has been let out.
The same meaning as The cat has been let out of the bag.

Owe lesin oro ko, owe ni Keke oro ni angry
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Hahaha, you wan kill him?

Maybe his igbo Yoruba friend can help

Cc: chocho54
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

cared to explain how they did that?
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Lol, after you've asked your Yoruba friends.
Answer me nah.

The answer is simple. grin

What you wrote isn't correct grin
Stop using Google translator grin
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Oga, we're not bigoted in Ondo state.
In my secondary school.

3 people represents us in Bible quiz.
2 Christians and 1 Muslim.

So stop saying that, I went to Catholic school, we have many Muslims reading Bible, going to church etc.

[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by Queen500: 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:
Come ileya,

That I will not eat Sallah meat, issa lie grin

Tranquility360, should keep hating on Yorubas grin
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by seunmsg(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
It has to do with why we are called “omoluabi”. In Yoruba land, “iwa” is the ultimate. Someone can profess multi religions but it means nothing without a good character.

In essence, we have learnt to relate with each other based on individual characters and not things like religion and tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? by OFFICIAL336: 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, it's what then?
Awori, Bini, Ijebu and Egun land.

None of these are yorubas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tompolo Makes First Public Appearance After Six Years / Is Nollywood Mocking or praising Biafra? (pics) / Amaechi Shocked As Crowd Walked Away On Buhari- Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.