Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu (270 Views)

Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport / Coronavirus: Snakes The Likely Cause Of Deadly Chinese Virus / 'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu by prof2007: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
Popular Nollywood actor John Okafor aka Mr. Ibu has weighed in his opinion about the coronavirus pandemic known to have brought the world to a great pause at the turn of the year, leaving thousands of deaths in its wake. He believes it is a problem for the Western world and has questioned why the Nigerian government is invested in it like their European counterparts.

The movie star made this known during a chat with The Nation where he declared he does not believe in the existence of the novel virus within the country. According to him, Covid-19 is nothing but a sham in Nigeria as neither he nor any Nigerian knows anyone who has died from the disease. He also noted that he isn’t bothered about contacting the virus because it doesn’t exist.

He said:
“Nigeria, we are not supposed to be involved in this COVID-19. I see no reason why we should be involved. Only Nigerians in diaspora will have to partake in this devilish program. We at home are oblivious; we are not
supposed to be involved in any ceremony in trying to pretend or in trying to avoid. My brother, COVID-19 or 20 is not here, I don’t care.

“Why would China give us sickness and America embellish the technicality and then sell it to the world and people now begin to die when they know it’s killing. Thank God we have hot weather; the thing sef dey fear us. I no dey fear anything I dey wear cloth waka on my own. Nothing dey here; nobody don die for this whole area, if you go another area nobody don die, go to stadium nobody don die. Let’s be sorry for ourselves.

“I’m telling everybody not just government: say only what you know do not exaggerate. Na we dey take our mouth call sickness by im own; sickness dey pass on its own but na we dey call am for Nigeria. You won’t see COVID-19, it’s not here.”

On the rising numbers of cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria and activities of NCDC, Mr Ibu said: “You know anybody? Have you ever attended any burial and they say na this thing kill am? Have you ever gone to the hospital dem say this person na Covid dey hold am? Have you ever seen a family dem say somebody na Covid kill am yesterday for family wey you know? You cannot; dem say dem say na im me and you dey hear. Even the sickness dey fear us.

“Are they not human beings? Let them bring a picture of at least one person killed by COVID-19 and we find the family of such a person. COVID whatever is not in Nigeria, we have hot weather here, the disease is scared of us just as we are scared of it so it can’t come here. It has affected so many industries in the country, it has driven us away from work because of the lies and gossip. Na small thing e remain hunger for don kill me since, if no be say better people dey wey dey give money.”

At the time of this report, Nigeria has 33,616 confirmed cases of coronavirus with 754, deaths while 13,792 people have recovered from the novel virus.

SOURCE (abridged): https://africanglitz.com/2020/07/15/coronavirus-does-not-exist-in-nigeria-mr-ibu-says/

Re: Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu by hisgrace090: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
Opinion always differs, that's Mr ibu's own opinion.
Re: Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu by XXXXTENTACION: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
The government started joking with this coronavirus the moment they locked down two hundred million people without any form of palliavative measures or social security cry

¿ cool %
Re: Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu by DaddyRochie1642: 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
Have you ever gone to the hospital and they tell you "This Person here, na Covid-19 dey worry am" grin
Re: Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu by knowhowk: 12:41am On Jul 16, 2020
Ignorant Comedian.Worst part is that he should have kept His Ignorance to himself ,Many likely minds will follow Suit .
Re: Coronavirus Does Not Exist In Nigeria – Comedian Mr. Ibu by johnkey: 4:07am On Jul 16, 2020
true talk na Dem say Dem say be everything yet some people no go let us rest, set awon ambassadors.

(1) (Reply)

Abdominal Pain, What Could Be The Problem?? / Hepatitis B May Be Contracted Through Deep Kissing —expert / Inefficiencies In UITH, Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.