Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Pope Francis Appoints Denis Isizoh Into The Pontifical Council - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Appoints Denis Isizoh Into The Pontifical Council (34363 Views)

Pope Francis Creates Catholic Diocese Of Aguleri, Appoints Isizoh As The Bishop / Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals / Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Denis Isizoh Into The Pontifical Council by ninodaniel(m): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
I thought the Archbishop of Onitshas' name was Valerian?
He is the auxiliary( assistant to Valerian
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Denis Isizoh Into The Pontifical Council by wagesofsin: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
like1:

I don't think this is necessary true, considering that Valerian was elevated to Archbishop from being a priest. He wan't even a Mosignor not to talk of Auxillary bishop. So if a priest is qualified and chosen there is no basis why an auxillary Bishop is not likely to be an Archbishop.
Yes he has a chance but it is slim in today's Catholicism especially when you have Bishop Paulinus Eze okafor and Bishop Odili okeke around.If they have not retired by then,he will have a little chance of becoming the Archbishop.Remember Archbishop Albert Obiefuna was the Bishop of Awka before he was transferred to Onitsha to take over from Archbishop Stephen Ezeanya.Like I said before,it is not cast on stone that he will take over at Archbishop Val's retirement but at least he has a slim chance of succeeding him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daphne Patoir: I Saw TB Joshua In Heaven - Pastor Sees Prophet In Heaven / RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.