Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? (2556 Views)

Cheap German Cars For Sale, Full A/C, Automatic And Less Than 500K / German Cars For Sales(only For Serious Buyer Not Scammers) / Which Is Better, Japanese Or German Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by Jenita(f): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2007
I have a chevy monte carlo and i am getting to the point where i want to trade it in a get a new car. After driving a buddy of mines audi i now have a desire for german vehicles. However i have heard bad things about parts and services. I am a recent college grad and want to keep my expenses down to a minimum but i like the bmw's and audi's. What do you think, should i pass up the german cars or take a shot?
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by promise72(m): 1:24am On Jun 16, 2007
@ Jenita,

i got 3 words for you: Honda or Toyota. End of story.

Audis are very notorious for electrical problems. BMW are great but repairs can make your eyeball pop out sometimes

Kapish?
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by sultaan(m): 5:03am On Jun 16, 2007
What is wrong with your Monte Carlo?
It might be something you can fix yourself. If you don't know what is wrong the auto techs will will tell you anything to get your money and problem still not fixed. If its a check engine light , get the code and google it for your car, you will find help on how to fix it.

On GErman cars, they are considered luxurious cars, and if you can afford to pay 10% of your car's value for any auto fix, move to smoething simpler e.g 2003+ Galant(you won't regret owning a galant)
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by izeek(m): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2007
hi jenita lovely name. can we hookup. am isaac
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by qw9049: 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2007
GM's are never efficient, reliable and they are cheap in manufacturing. German cars are for enthusiasts. Your best bet is to opt for a japanese car that is problem free and low in maintenance cost. Today, it seems that nobody wants japanese cars. The truth is to cut your coat to your size.
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by thegame(m): 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2008
izeek:

hi jenita lovely name. can we hookup. am isaac
mudafoka. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
wish u the best

hi jenita, cut ur coat acc to ur size.get a jp vehicle.easier to maintain and parts cheaper.
german , u are a big girl and at the same time, a big spender
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by jayJR(m): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2008
Let me advice you from the bottom of my heart when you see a german car,in good working condition,never, ever compare it to a japanese car.its true you`d spend a lot when you have to fix stuffs on it,on the long run it doesn`t require that in any close frequency but if you like bad pieces of cake with good icing then you`re talkin asian cars they cost you little at short intervals add it up and you`d have spent more than a BMW or a mercedes benz user also they are extremely fragile so if you consider your life and its safety alongside your choice of auto,believe me because I am talking from experience God bless the German 5 Star auto alliance(Mercedes Benz,BMW,Volkswagen,Skoda,Audi) MOST OF ALL FOLLOW UR HEART AND LET UR POCKET FOLLOW!

I tend to wonder why people will alway talk about fuel diff when a japanese car V6 will take as much fuel as a BMW and whats all the difference
1litre to 14km and 1litre to 11km ah
MAY FUEL CONSUMPTION NOT CHASE US TO BUY CARS THAT WONT SAVE OUR LIFES! at least americans fuel GMC`s /CHEVROLET etc. IF YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE YOU CAN CALL ME ON 07023194313
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by jayJR(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2008
Think about it
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by oblo(m): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2008
You can never go wrong with a german machine!!!! I have used a 1996 Audi a6 and the only trouble i got from it was servicing it at regular intervals. Nw I am using a 1997 BMW 3SERIES WCH IS A BREEZE TO DRIVE.I know everyone is goin more fuel efficient but i tell you the so called honda End of discussion to me is not that fuel efficient if you ask me. Yes I drove one for quite a while. Japanese cars are great price wise and looks too, I will give them that but if you are tokin bout cars really built to last I can assure you a german car hold sway anywhere anytime. The major problems of cars is maintenance. Our very hot weather here in Naija doe not help matters in any way too as engines work overtime and with more stress in hotter conditions. Its your choice to make anyway as you will be d one driving and of course fixing the car when need be!!
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by shehu53: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2008
If you want paradise on earth drive a GERMAN CAR marry an INDIAN woman and have an AMERICAN salary.german cars are good 4 9ja roads
Re: Are German Cars Too Much Trouble? by kachiko: 11:12am On Nov 19, 2008
Guy if you like yourself run away from anything audi a4 , i have used the a4 02 before and i tell you its load of one week one trouble,the parts is very expensive, mechanics in nigeria don't even know anything about it. The gear problem and shocks wahala can also be killing.
I will say honda anyday

(1) (Reply)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Suv - Registered - Very Ok ! - SOLD ! / Cleanest Toyota Solara - N1. / TOKS 2005 Model BMW 323 Forsale.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.