Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Speech By The Kwara State NMA Chairman,Dr. M.S.K SOLAGBERU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speech By The Kwara State NMA Chairman,Dr. M.S.K SOLAGBERU (318 Views)

On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes / Solagberu Of Okesuna: The History Of First Yeroba Muslim Convert / Akwa Ibom State NMA Elects New State Exco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speech By The Kwara State NMA Chairman,Dr. M.S.K SOLAGBERU by TheRareGem1(f): 11:10am On Jul 16, 2020
BEEN AN ADDRESS BY THE CHIRMAN, NIGERIAN MEDICALASSOCIATION KWARA STATE BRANCH, DR M.S.KOLADE SOLAGBERU AT THE PRESS BRIEFIFING TO MARK 2020 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINNG OF NMA KWARA ON THE 13TH JULY 2020.

Dear highly revered teachers. Respectable Elders, amiable mentors, senior colleagues, colleagues, executive and members of the association, Gentlemen of the press I welcome you all.
Two years ago, you gave me your mandate to lead 2018/2020 executive and today marks the end of that mandate while another person would be given that same mandate today.
I say thank you for trusting me with that mandate, I sincerely appreciate the opportunity you gave me to serve you.
I am not a complete man without a blemish, if I have offended you in any way during my leadership as the chairman of our noble association, I tender my unreserved apology, kindly forgive me.
I want to appreciate and thank the previous administrations and executives that we rode on their achievements to accomplish ours, if they have not lifted the association, we wouldn’t have been able to lift it higher, you have all done well.
It is another Annual General Meeting of NMA Kwara and this marks the end of 2018/2020 executive and together with other members of the state executive council and maximum cooperation of the members, we have been able to make further progress and improvement for the association. We have balanced the payment for the Sienna bus purchased for the association, extended and renovated the lounge in the NMA secretariat with accompanying facilities like the information technology and improved power supply to the secretariat, we have being able to locate the NMA land at the New GRA Budo-Osho , certificate of Occupancy obtained for the land while the foundation have been laid for the fence work and gate house under construction. A Gymnasium mini sport center has been constructed and equipped at the NMA secretariat, members would be able to assess the facilities at their own convenient time.
There was provision of additional water storage system to improve water supply at the Doctors house while the general toilet was also renovated and upgraded. We are also able to provide a bigger and befitting store at the Doctors house.
Additional banquet chairs and tables have been purchased for the hall with industrial fans and a standby generator. We constructed the drainage system at the Doctors Hall both the front and side with industrial metallic slab at the main entrance. Members of other affiliate have been encouraged and mobilized to become active and be financial members of note is NADHUS KWASU. The Nigerian Medical Association Kwara state branch has being duly represented at national and zonal meetings and events. NMA Kwara actively participated along with other member states of the zone in the Doctors Biennial games that was held in PortHarcourt and came back with several medals.
During this tenure, there was an outbreak of Corona Virus Covid 19 with its untoward effects on the nation, association not spared but thank God for the pro activeness of the association and tremendous work of the NMA Kwara constituted committee to assess the level of preparedness for lasar and corona virus whose recommendations were made use by several institutions and hospital in the state by provision of institutionalised hand washing system for which such was also provided at the NMA Kwara secretariat while planning to do same at the Doctors Hall.
I want to use this medium to appreciate the Kwara state government under the leadership of Governor AbdulrahamanAbdulrasaq for his efforts, steps and decision at combatting covid 19, this in no doubt has helped in the fight against covid 19 as evidenced by statistics.
We also commiserate with the executive Governor of Kwara state over the loss of his chief of Staff Aminu AdisaLogun , a loyal uncle, we pray God Almighty give the HE and the family of the deceased the fortitude to bear this great loss.
This year Annual General Meeting is being celebrated according to covid 19 guideline;
Church service was held yesterday Sunday 12th July 2020 at Emmanuel Baptist church Sabo Oke Ilorin , press conference is for today 13th July 2020 and ongoing at the NMA secretariat Doctors house GRA ilorin , next tomorrow Wednesday 15th July 2020 we shall be commissioning our mini sport complex gymnasium which shall be done by the executive governor of Kwara state, Mallam Abdulrahaman Abdulrasaq and by Thursday 16th July 2020 we shall be having a visitation to orphanage home . Friday will be jumuat service at AbdulkarimAdisa mosque, GRA Ilorin while Saturday 18th July 2020 is the AGM and election that will witness wearing of face mask, hand washing and physical distancing after which the new executive will be ushered in.
I want to profoundly appreciate my wife for her support, understanding and prayers before and throughout my tenure, taking care of the home when I am not around from frequent meetings and travellings for the association, my children, I say thank you for your understanding and support and my colleagues who stood for me when I am absent on official assignment. My family and friends I thank you too as many I couldn’t attend their functions as I would have been away on day of their ceremonies.
I thank you all.
LONG LIVE NMA KWARA
LONG LIVE NMA
LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
GODBLESS YOU ALL.

Dr M.S.KoladeSolagberu
Chairman ,NMAkwara

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Ipob's Nnamdi Kanu Has This Message For Those Clamouring For One Nigeria / Obaseki’s Intolerant And Sadistic Leadership By Yakub Mohammad / Dino Dances To The Song By The King Of High-life Maestro- Olivier De-Coque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.