Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. (424 Views)

Node VS Python - What's the Best Backend Tech for Beginner & Intermediate Devs? / Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide / Beginners/ Intermediate Web Developer Platform To Perfect Your Skills. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. by saheedniyi22(m): 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
Hi fellow programmers, machine learners,game developers, WordPress developers, mobile developers and any other developer.

So at some point in your career you experienced the rush on what to learn next after starting out, I for example, have been having doubt on what to learn after basic Python (whether to move into Django/Flask or go into Machine Learning).

Not to talk of the language rush that people usually experience, Kindly share your experience and what you finally learnt,also how you decided what to finally learn.

Everyone's contribution would be welcomed.

PS: I don't know if this is the appropriate title, someone else can recommend another title.
Re: The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. by Millerules(m): 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
Like most newbie, I started with HTML, CSS and little of Javascript. Then, I decided on what I really wanted, Mobile Dev. So I moved to Java, to Kotlin and now perfecting Android with Kotlin.

Yes, I got overwhelmed at the beginning. Wanted to know everything about everything at once, but with time the rush disappears. What helped was having a learning path, and sticking to it. Knowing what you want to achieve with a stack before learning it. One stack at a time

2 Likes

Re: The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. by myles16(m): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
Started learning python 2 months ago and I am not even done with it and I am already looking to earn with BeautifulSoup and selenium on my upwork account... Mine is worse, and when I saw real jobs of web scraping I discovered I still need to chill and finish learning my python before learning web scraping before moving to Django

1 Like

Re: The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. by Etinosa1234: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
myles16:
Started learning python 2 months ago and I am not even done with it and I am already looking to earn with BeautifulSoup and selenium on my upwork account... Mine is worse, and when I saw real jobs of web scraping I discovered I still need to chill and finish learning my python before learning web scraping before moving to Django
What are u using to learn
Re: The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. by myles16(m): 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

What are u using to learn

I use PDFs and YouTube videos
Re: The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. by Etinosa1234: 12:51am On Jul 17, 2020
Due to the length of this lockdown...I decided that I should learn programming for many personal reasons...
I had interest in building mobile apps but I didn't want to rush in and rush out...
I started with HTML...then when I was through,i jumped to JavaScript(I didn't study CSS) I was getting it at First...then I Jus got frustrated..I knew this wasn't what I wanted..So instead of procrastinating...I decided to start learning Java.....Well ..I've gone far tho..but I'm not solid yet in it..I make sure to gather materials and exercises to complement my learning..and the ones that don't favour my learning I discard them...

My aim is to freelance but not this year... I'm targeting April 2021 to start freelancing..

1 Like

Re: The Beginner/intermediate Programmer Learning Confusion. by Anonime1105(m): 1:53am On Jul 17, 2020
Well, I started out jumping from language to language.
I practically wrote hello world in a lot of languages from JAVASCRIPT to PYTHON, PHP, C++, C, C# and JAVA

Early this year I finally Setted for JAVA cos I felt I would suit my needs and I don't regret it but sometimes I feel I should also learn JAVASCRIPT alongside JAVA but I know that's distraction whispering grin grin grin

Learning how to code can be frustrating for a newbie especially if you don't know what you want to do with the knowledge. cry cry cry

I learnt HTML/CSS and some JavaScript years back but I dropped programming for some time.

Now I am back 100% and I want to be a professional Mobile/Web App Developer so I started from the backend, I know it's unusual to start with JAVA but I wanted to learn good programming principles so I felt JAVA was the way to go.

I was also leaning Data Structures and Algorithms but I decided to pause for now, after building some web apps I would continue.

This is my learning path for web development.
JAVA
SQL
MYSQL/POSTGREE
HTML/CSS
SPRING FRAMEWORK
JAVASCRIPT
REACT (or Vue)
NODE.JS (+express/Mongol DB)

YES! I KNOW IT WOULD TAKE TIME TO LEARN THE ABOVE AND I AM READY TO PUT IN THE TIME AND EFFORT!!!

After this I would consider Android App development.
For App development I would pick up KOTLIN and/or REACT NATIVE as the need arises.

As a Programmer learning never stops so I would pick up several technologies and languages as the need arises, techs like Git, Docker, AWS, etc

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Complete, Cheap, Easy-to-understand PYTHON Tutorial For Beginners. / Who A Complete School Management System Script For Secondary School / Flutter Developer Or Any Cross Platform Mobile Developer Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.