Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Nigeria’s Professor Egbu Bags Vice-chancellorship Position In UK University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria’s Professor Egbu Bags Vice-chancellorship Position In UK University (121 Views)

OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants / BREAKING!! Florence Banku Wins UNICAL Vice Chancellorship Election / Professor Charles Egbu Appointed Vice-chancellor Of Leeds Trinity University, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Professor Egbu Bags Vice-chancellorship Position In UK University by ElectroLyte: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
A Nigerian Professor, Charles Egbu, has bagged a Vice-Chancellorship position at Leeds Trinity University, United Kingdom.
A statement on the University’s website said Professor Egbu will take over from Margaret House, who will be stepping down after seven years as Vice-Chancellor.

Mr Egbu will return to Leeds, a city in which he studied and taught, to begin his new role on November 1, 2020.

Reacting to his new appointment, Professor Egbu said:

“I am honoured to be joining Leeds Trinity; a University whose values and ethos around widening participation, offering a personalised approach and encouraging all students to achieve their best, align with my own. The University has an impressive track record in learning, teaching and employability, and I am looking forward to building on the strong foundations established under the leadership of Professor House.

“I have already been impressed by the sense of community at Leeds Trinity and I am looking forward to engaging with students, colleagues and alumni as we shape the future strategy of the institution. I am also looking forward to returning to Leeds; the city in which I spent much of my early academic life.”

Professor Egbu who has more than 25 years’ experience in higher education was formerly a Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education and Experience at the University of East London.

Read more===https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/07/nigerias-professor-egbu-bags-vice-chancellorship-position-in-uk-university/

(1) (Reply)

ABSU Post Ume Form Is Out!!! / How To Begin To WANT The Things You NEED / The Ingenuity Of Nigeria Leaders By Ebere Chinedu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.